littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: English teachers

English teachers

A new language school is looking for native English teachers to teach by skype (you can be located anywhere in the world) or face-to-face (based in Moscow). Part time occupancy, good salary, experience is not required. Please write a message with a short info about yourself, your skype, email or other contacts

English teacher

Hello,
    I'm interested for teaching as I have over 7 yrs of experience here in Moscow.Write me more details at jkalathas2001@aol.com and I will send you my CV if interested,thxs John

Quote Originally Posted by jkalathas View Post
    Hello,
    I'm interested for teaching as I have over 7 yrs of experience here in Moscow.Write me more details at jkalathas2001@aol.com and I will send you my CV if interested,thxs John
    Are you an English teacher?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Alan65 (29-10-2018), Hans.KK (30-10-2018), xp@ (29-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Are you an English teacher?
    I had noticed that often so-called English teachers have big problems with the English language, so big that students had approached me and ask if I can help them with their English studies, I have to refuse, I know I am a clown at English language, I advice them to go for a Russian teacher that have a good reputation in teaching English language, it is a much better way than to go for a native speaker of English that is a fool when it comes to teaching.

There is to long distance between the combination of "Native speaker" and "good teaching skills", to many fools do not know that you are not a natural born teacher of your own language just because you are a "Native speaker", you are often just terribly at you own language, sorry.

To have conversations with (different) native speakers of a language you want to practise can be great when you had gained a certain level, but before that you will benefit more form a good qualified teacher.

Now all the "teachers" that are native English speakers will kill me, and that is ok, it do not change the fact that most of you are not qualified teachers.
    But schools love to say that they have native speakers as teachers, it sell very well at parents, just look at OP "experience is not required", so you see, your leak of qualification is not a problem, you status as "Native speaker" sell, sorry, somebody is abusing you, and you fall into the trap.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (29-08-2020), nicklcool (30-10-2018), rusmeister (30-11-2018), TolkoRaz (29-10-2018)

I might be interested in this position, I live in England and have been to Russia myself. I do have Skype and my Skype name is robert.snow31. My email is robert@robertsnow.plus.com I have a GCSE certificate advance level grade A in the English language. My name is Robert Snow
    Hi I am an educated English male interested in working in Moscow. I have a good command of the English language and will consider anything within reason. Do not speak Russian at present. Any ideas?
    At present I am working in England as a freelance editor and proofreader for several publishers and want a change of scenery and working environment.

They get what they deserve! (Both parties&#128533

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gokes2013 For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (29-08-2020), Hans.KK (29-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    I had noticed that often so-called English teachers have big problems with the English language, so big that students had approached me and ask if I can help them with their English studies, I have to refuse, I know I am a clown at English language, I advice them to go for a Russian teacher that have a good reputation in teaching English language, it is a much better way than to go for a native speaker of English that is a fool when it comes to teaching.

There is to long distance between the combination of "Native speaker" and "good teaching skills", to many fools do not know that you are not a natural born teacher of your own language just because you are a "Native speaker", you are often just terribly at you own language, sorry.

To have conversations with (different) native speakers of a language you want to practise can be great when you had gained a certain level, but before that you will benefit more form a good qualified teacher.

Now all the "teachers" that are native English speakers will kill me, and that is ok, it do not change the fact that most of you are not qualified teachers.
    But schools love to say that they have native speakers as teachers, it sell very well at parents, just look at OP "experience is not required", so you see, your leak of qualification is not a problem, you status as "Native speaker" sell, sorry, somebody is abusing you, and you fall into the trap.
    I tend to agree with you ,most became teachers out of necessity, living off the snobbery of those who wish to have a native accent, which does not work unless they live with you and you become a gouvernor, i am originally FRench though i lived most of my life in UK ,sometimes i got turned down ,more by their more royal than the queen agents ,scared of being refused a client, anyway i am a teacher by trade and i have been since i was 20. I am sure there are more than one clowns ,aside from you, teaching their native language.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to prd For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (06-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by prd View Post
    I tend to agree with you ,most became teachers out of necessity, living off the snobbery of those who wish to have a native accent, which does not work unless they live with you and you become a gouvernor, i am originally FRench though i lived most of my life in UK ,sometimes i got turned down ,more by their more royal than the queen agents ,scared of being refused a client, anyway i am a teacher by trade and i have been since i was 20. I am sure there are more than one clowns ,aside from you, teaching their native language.

With that many typing errors here on these 3 lines and at least one word that my spell check showed as wrong, I wonder what kind of teacher YOU are. And how good YOU are.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    I wonder what kind of teacher YOU are. And how good YOU are.
    Drunk or just in a hurry? But you are right Benn it do not look good to write in that way when one claim to be a teacher, but you know: You should do as I tell you, not do what I do.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (16-10-2020), rusmeister (07-10-2020)