English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Russian Fans Injured as Elevator Collapses(??) In Rome

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!

Russian Fans Injured as Elevator Collapses(??) In Rome

The tweet looked a lot funnier and didn't mention the many Russian Fans present due to a CSKA match
    https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1054797583481294848

But this article gives more detailed info:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45960093

WTH does it mean if an elevator "collapses"!? I think that's just a bad Italin to English translation.
    That thing is spinning FAST; makes me wonder how I'd react in that situation!!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

wow, thats nuts. it looks like most people were ok, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    wow, thats nuts. it looks like most people were ok, but still.
    Witnesses quoted by police said the Russian fans had been singing and jumping before the escalator gave way.

I wouldn't jump up and down in the ancient elevator in my apartment building, either!
    Government is like Fertilizer. A little is good, too much is a pile of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Witnesses quoted by police said the Russian fans had been singing and jumping before the escalator gave way.

I wouldn't jump up and down in the ancient elevator in my apartment building, either!

well, the Roman police say the CSKA fans were drunk and jumped and slid down in the middle. Other ( apparently not involved) witnesses say this was not true.
    Others say, pieces of broken bottles got into the stairs and caused the accident.
    Others say, the escalator right from the beginning, went down at a far to high speed and only THAN ALL HAVOC BROKE LOOSE. PEOPLE FELL OVER EACH OTHER AN THE LIEKS.
    WHAT IS THE TRUTH? We will either never hear about it, or it will be something complete different...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post

well, the Roman police say the CSKA fans were drunk and jumped and slid down in the middle. Other ( apparently not involved) witnesses say this was not true.
    Others say, pieces of broken bottles got into the stairs and caused the accident.
    Others say, the escalator right from the beginning, went down at a far to high speed and only THAN ALL HAVOC BROKE LOOSE. PEOPLE FELL OVER EACH OTHER AN THE LIEKS.
    WHAT IS THE TRUTH? We will either never hear about it, or it will be something complete different...
    It is acyually an escalator and not an elevator, how ever this is one of my irrational fears

https://www.apnews.com/f7b0dc841ee81524734b1ce4255799dc

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    It is acyually an escalator and not an elevator, how ever this is one of my irrational fears

https://www.apnews.com/f7b0dc841ee81524734b1ce4255799dc
    typos do happen. and sometimes we are just to fast with -post -.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post

I would not tell the truth, either, if I was the engineer or construction company which made the escalator, and some SJW bureaucrat or legislative activist was going to charge me with crimes, when it was an accident or the fans' contributory negligence.
    Government is like Fertilizer. A little is good, too much is a pile of crap.