English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Sending Money to Russia

Sending Money to Russia

Sure I know the normal ways, my wife has a uk bank account as does my daughter but I want to send money to my daughter for her birthday and was thinking cash circa 300. Previously have tried Western Union etc but recipients must be over 18, any suggestions other than cash in registered post, not expecting too much luck so will probably revert to simple bank transfer to my wife.

Is there such a thing as Russian Postal orders etc

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    Sure I know the normal ways, my wife has a uk bank account as does my daughter but I want to send money to my daughter for her birthday and was thinking cash circa 300. Previously have tried Western Union etc but recipients must be over 18, any suggestions other than cash in registered post, not expecting too much luck so will probably revert to simple bank transfer to my wife.

The best and cheapest way to send money to Russia is https://transferwise.com I just checked and they can deliver 300 for only 1.5%. You can deliver the money to any bank account based in Russia. Does she have a bank account in Russia? Alternatively, just deposit the money directly into her UK account and she can withdraw it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Italian Wine For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (21-10-2018)

Western Union? they are also in Russia. Post office? also the Russian Post office does money transfers and receive. though your daughter needs a passport to RECEIVE the money. no age limit though. suppose the kid is not a -baby- anymore?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Western Union? they are also in Russia. Post office? also the Russian Post office does money transfers and receive. though your daughter needs a passport to RECEIVE the money. no age limit though. suppose the kid is not a -baby- anymore?
    Ben, she does have a passport, and will be 13, do you have any links etc

why not just open an account in her name (in the uk), then dhl her the card. u deposit as normal, and she can go whenever and wherever to withdraw it (from any atm). yes, you will pay some fees, but u will in almost any money transfer scheme.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (21-10-2018), nicklcool (21-10-2018)

Ben, she does have a passport, and will be 13, do you have any links etc
    you just look out for the yellow -Western Union- sticker. this is the last page of 4 pages ( the locations that is) http://www.moneycake.biz/a/russia_ts...ow.html?page=4

check out also YOUR post office, you should know where THAT is. ( or better your wife and daughter should know where that is).
    Also where you pay your mobile device, Beeline, MTS, and the likes, do money transfers, they also have stickers on their shop window.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....