littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Two Visas in One Passport

Two Visas in One Passport

I renewed my 3-year visa since my previous visa will expire in a year and I'd rather renew it now than a year from now. I received my passport from the consulate with the new visa, but surprisingly the previous visa has no annulment stamp of any kind on it.

Anyone else experience this? Any problems because of it?

The consulate has offered to make an annulment stamp it if I send it back, but I don't want to create an extra problem if it's normal for the previous visa to be there with no stamp.

I had two valid, uncancelled visas in my passport when my residency permit became valid. It was examined at the border several times and I had to explain that the Migration Officials had failed to cancel it. Then I was allowed through passport control and into the country. I have heard it's possible to go to the Migration office and get a visa cancelled but I never bothered. You might go to your local multi functional center and ask what to do with the old visa though, how to get it annulled.

When you say uncancelled, was it also uncancelled in their computer system as well? Or do you think simply not having a physical marker that it was cancelled caused these issues?

I'm sure that my previous visa is technically cancelled, it just shows no mark in the booklet that it is. If this is enough to cause confusion at the border then I will get it marked by the consulate. (which hopefully doesn't also cause confusion!)

amazing things do happen at the consulates od many other countries as well. did you check the date of your NEW visa? maybe it becomes only valid after your old one expires? miracles and wonders and funny things do happen these days.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....