littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visa for the purpose of TRP submission

There may be different rules for Americans and Europeans, I think that Russia applies reciprocity logic and applies the same kind of restrictions to country A as country A applies to Russia.
    The 90/180 day rule certainly applied to me (European) and was confirmed to me by the Consulate in Luxembourg. Having said this, the longest visa I could apply for was only 90 days in any case.
    The important thing for me was that I had to take into account an earlier stay that fell within the 180 day period, which effectively limited the time I could stay on the new visa (i..e less than 90 days).

The 3 years business visa is only for foreigners from the USA ( 90/180 day rule applies, specially if one is waiting for the RVP it would be a bad idea to disrespect this rule, they scan all your entries and exits), it must be a multi entry visa, logically, otherwise you could not comply to the 90/180 rule. I heard that it's a bilateral thing, meaning, Russians business men can also get a 3 years visa for the USA.
    Europeans can get a maximum of 1 year business visa for Russia, and here also the 90/180 rule is valid, but I heard that not everybody gets it, there are some conditions, including medical tests.
    For both cases you will need to make the registration when you arrive in Russia.

Max1982, you are right. USA and Russia follow each other rules. Russians getting visas for 3 years, americans are getting visas for the same period now. Differences are price for visa and longivity for staying (russians can stay up to 6 months, but americans only for 3 months). Strange situation also with fact that even your documents are accepted for TRP you have to leave a country and come back in 90 days. When I was waiting for my documents in USA I did not need to do that.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    On the 3 year visa for Americans, is it written the 90/180 rule?

No. Nothing in visas' descriptions. But I have read some explatations, requirements, something that travel companies doing for helping. They are talking about this rule. I also went through whole 115 federal law. Nothing about 90/180 rule for visa foreigners. Only for non-visa foreigners. Very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by seaworld View Post
    No. Nothing in visas' descriptions. But I have read some explatations, requirements, something that travel companies doing for helping. They are talking about this rule. I also went through whole 115 federal law. Nothing about 90/180 rule for visa foreigners. Only for non-visa foreigners. Very confusing.
    Nothing written down means the 90/180 rule doesn't apply for Americans, only for the 3 year visa.
    There's been lots of talk about this rule, just talk...... American's with 3 year visas can stay for 6 months at a time, just make sure you leave before the 6 months pop out for a day or two and return.

Here's a link, you can't get more official than this....

In October 2007, the Russian government made significant changes to its rules regarding the length of stay permitted to most foreign visitors. Visas issued for 3 years allow for a 6-month uninterrupted stay in the country. The break between the intervals may be as short as one calendar day. For visas with shorter periods of validity, unless that visa specifically authorizes employment or study, a foreigner may stay in Russia only 90 days in any 180-day period. This applies to business, tourist, humanitarian and cultural visas, among other categories.
    click on ''Limitations on Length of Stay''

https://ru.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen...russian-visas/

Last edited by Judge; 01-11-2018 at 22:41.

Could be. It's been so many changes since 2007. Would be nice to talk to the official about this strange situation. I have read some discussions about differences in requirements for visa and non-visa foreigners. Some atterneys said that the changes to 115 fed.law (do not remember the year they were placed) had put visa-foreigners into the privilage position.

Quote Originally Posted by seaworld View Post
    Could be. It's been so many changes since 2007. Would be nice to talk to the official about this strange situation. I have read some discussions about differences in requirements for visa and non-visa foreigners. Some atterneys said that the changes to 115 fed.law (do not remember the year they were placed) had put visa-foreigners into the privilage position.
    The link I gave is from the US EMBASSY here in Russia, agents and attorneys can say whatever they want....I know Americans here who are on these 3 year visas and stay for 6 months and leave for a day or two and come back in for another 6, they aren't breaking any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    The link I gave is from the US EMBASSY here in Russia, agents and attorneys can say whatever they want....I know Americans here who are on these 3 year visas and stay for 6 months and leave for a day or two and come back in for another 6, they aren't breaking any rules.
    I saw it Benedikt. I have read that. Thanks. It is very good to know that it is some cases have existed already!
    My point was actually that it was so many changes to the Russian laws and American Embassy does not have to follow up on all of them in their updates for citizens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12