littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple is ripping you off

well to make us all happy, JOHN DEERE does the same with their tractors.

https://boingboing.net/2015/05/13/jo...se-you-ow.html
    JD has built in software that will work only with genuine JD parts. Which are apparently way overpriced. But nothing else, even better then the original JD parts worked.
    But the farmers got help.UKRAINIAN computer boys are selling - fake- software that overrides JD crap. And the farmer can repair his own tractor once more.
    https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...inian-firmware
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (13-11-2018), Uncle Wally (06-11-2018)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    News for Wally to enjoy with his morning coffee.

Apple iPhone sales fears rock Wall Street

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46186131

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Apple is slavery. They sell you something that they will never let you truly own.
    Does somebody force you (or others) to buy Apple products?
    Regarding pollution and fixed batteries - almost all Android- and Windoze-based phones and tablets have the same... costs down... KAPITALIZOM! (c)

It's gotten so bad that people like Trump get elected because all the other choices are even worse.
    It's just Murphy's laws in action - system, left on its own, is developing from bad to worse.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (13-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Does somebody force you (or others) to buy Apple products?
    Regarding pollution and fixed batteries - almost all Android- and Windoze-based phones and tablets have the same... costs down... KAPITALIZOM! (c)

It's just Murphy's laws in action - system, left on its own, is developing from bad to worse.

No, they use deception.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

No, they use deception.
    If people accept the deception and ready to pay for, who is guilty?
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Too many sheep have 2 legs, not 4!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (13-11-2018)

and for sure one must read the small print before signing anything. the most difficult thing to do.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ap...medium=partner

Some people are starting to understand.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

I have iPhone and iPad and think they are brilliant, but then again, I am not a slave to Apple and have not tried other tablets or smartphones.................

All I know is that they do everything I could ever expect or want them to do!

And, they do it well.............
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Well I've used different phone brands over the years while my family have only used Apple so I have a few thoughts on the subject. I used to be a huge fan of Google phones but had to make a switch to Samsung when they stopped selling their product in Russia. While initially pretty boring (and not entirely without issues - especially when it came to their budget models) they've gotten SO good over the years I'm genuinely impressed! And I ain't easily impressed. Besides, Samsung has a phone for anyone from a 7 y/o to the most demanding tech customer, while if you want a cheaper iPhone your only option might be getting an older second hand one being that Apple's pathetic recent attempt at making a 'budget' phone resulted in a very average device for the price of Samsung's best! I've also, as some of you would recall, tried Huawei and while one phone was nice enough to use for me to want to try another by Huawei I ended up exchanging that one twice before giving up entirely - quality control is definitely something they should work on, and then they could be really, really good! Google phones are still very nice, especially in the (clean) software and camera departments, but a bit overpriced and sadly, still unavailable here! As for Apple, they're GOOD - material and build quality are top notch (pun intended), and they're great for those of you like TolkoRaz who want no less but also no more than Apple provides you with. Meaning, you aren't getting great flexibility as to what you wanna use and how you wanna use it, but it does the job and does it well! And, of course, their latest model would scream status (=money) which is at least A reason, if not THE reason some buy them The price tag for what they offer, however, is ridiculous in my opinion (and they won't even include things like a fast charger or a lightning to USB-C/3 mm headphone jack adapter!), especially when there's Samsung (among others) that offers more and for less cash. Just my take!

Btw, any of you have the latest Pixel 3? Am contemplating getting one in the UK shortly, if only to be able to take nice pictures on the go!
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12