English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple is ripping you off

Apple is ripping you off

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (10-10-2018), rusmeister (13-11-2018)

Are you against open trade and invisible hand of market, comrade?
    Apple products is not products, but the way of life
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (06-11-2018), Uncle Wally (09-10-2018)

it is well known that I am a MAC fan. but I will not sleep outside on the pavement for 3 days to be the first in a new shop. Neither will I change my Computer or mobile device (I have no iPhone, not even a smart Phone) every 6 month just to be - in-. and - with the flow- at all times. That all Apple products are being overcharged but still cheaply produced in China or Vietnam or Malaysia is also a well known fact. But so is Nike, the t shirt with the crocodile or many an -excusive- product.The stories are as old as the hills.One pays for the brand and the image. So be it.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

More proof Apple thinks you're stupid and rips you off.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post

More proof Apple thinks you're stupid and rips you off.
    What a stupid video, Apple has changed the world.

I'll say, only saw few seconds, strange guy with black gloves.

I'll say, only saw few seconds, strange guy with black gloves.[/QUOTE]

400 $ labor cost, one can't blame Apple for that. And if the repairmen have no idea, or do not WANT to have an idea, is it fair to blame the company who made the laptop? in my opinion, this is a crap video.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

400 $ labor cost, one can't blame Apple for that. And if the repairmen have no idea, or do not WANT to have an idea, is it fair to blame the company who made the laptop? in my opinion, this is a crap video.
    I watched more of it, OK, the guy fixes something.
    It's just that, if you don't like Apple products , buy something else , there are lots of alternatives out there.
    I'm no Apple fanboy, but I respect what have done in tge tech world, making like much easier for us all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (06-11-2018)

Yes Apple has changed the world so that gives the the right to rip people off and add to the world's pollution.

You have obviously missed the whole point of the video. The video starts with the background of how Apple lied about fixing it and wanted to over charge the customer just to sell a new Apple product. Do you know that Apple is already slowing down iPhone X?

It's because of Apple you can no longer change the battery in your phone by yourself. There was a time when you could just open your phone with your hand and pull out the battery. This only adds to piles of trash which has gotten so bad it is now shipped to poor African countries. Screw Apple and all companies that use planned obsolesces to make money. They are destroying the planet and the human race.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Judge (06-11-2018), rusmeister (20-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Are you against open trade and invisible hand of market, comrade?
    Apple products is not products, but the way of life

Apple is slavery. They sell you something that they will never let you truly own.

Apple is slavery. They sell you something that they will never let you truly own.
    Are you suggesting that Apple are rotten to the core?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (20-11-2018), Uncle Wally (06-11-2018), xp@ (06-11-2018)

Yes Apple has changed the world so that gives the the right to rip people off and add to the world's pollution.

You have obviously missed the whole point of the video. The video starts with the background of how Apple lied about fixing it and wanted to over charge the customer just to sell a new Apple product. Do you know that Apple is already slowing down iPhone X?

It's because of Apple you can no longer change the battery in your phone by yourself. There was a time when you could just open your phone with your hand and pull out the battery. This only adds to piles of trash which has gotten so bad it is now shipped to poor African countries. Screw Apple and all companies that use planned obsolesces to make money. They are destroying the planet and the human race.

They make better phones than Microsoft

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Are you suggesting that Apple are rotten to the core?

Hey that's a good one.

Yes I am saying that and our society too. It's gotten so bad that people like Trump get elected because all the other choices are even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    They make better phones than Microsoft

No they don't. Take a look at the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL. Some idiots think the phones were not good because the backs were plastic, that could be removed by hand I might add and easily changed. So now we have phones made of glass! What kind of fool do you have to be to buy a very expensive and easily breakable phone?

Both Apple and Android are copying things about Windows Phone. The Windows OS is much better then both. I have to say though Microsoft just started making their phones battery not last as long with the new updates.

No they don't. Take a look at the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL. Some idiots think the phones were not good because the backs were plastic, that could be removed by hand I might add and easily changed. So now we have phones made of glass! What kind of fool do you have to be to buy a very expensive and easily breakable phone?

Both Apple and Android are copying things about Windows Phone. The Windows OS is much better then both. I have to say though Microsoft just started making their phones battery not last as long with the new updates.

Others disagree,

Microsoft finally admits Windows Phone is dead
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/9/1...-phone-is-dead

if they were that great, they would have put the iphone out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Others disagree,

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/9/1...-phone-is-dead

if they were that great, they would have put the iphone out of business.

Microsoft had not only Apple but Google using dirty tricks so Microsoft wouldn't sell many phones. Like deals with sellers, like kick backs and bonuses for selling iPhone. Not letting their apps on Windows Phones, or just keeping developers from making apps for them. Microsoft should have spent more money on advertisement and just more on apps. While Windows Phone didn't do well in the US they did do much better in Brazil, India, Spain, Italy, and the Middle East.

Phones are about to change and Microsoft might just be the one to do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast