English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: New Registration Rules That Went Into Effect in July 8th 2018

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!

New Registration Rules That Went Into Effect in July 8th 2018

Has anyone updated their registration under this new law yet? By "update" I mean that you had a registration through your employer, which used to be legal, then at some point after 7/8/18, you got registered through your landlord (at the place where you actually reside).

I ask because I'm about to go through this myself, and my landlady is already pushing back (her wife is "military," y'know!), so I'd like to find out before hand what ddifferent documents you submitted, if any, and what magic words you used so that the Frontline UFMS worker understood what you were trying to do, and why it was within the law. Thanks
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (02-10-2018)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    I checked with my law office, and you can be grandfathered in under this new law. So if you had a registration through your company and haven't left that job or crossed the border since then, you're good.

Which is nice to hear since my landlady is being a real a*s and refuses to register me. Which is strange because she can also get fined for this, but she keeps going on and on about her husband being "military"; I dunno, I just think a lot of people still live in the Soviet mentality and think that this is a DAaaNGEROUS thing to do! And the woman is in her late thirties so what does that say about the country's readiness to "fundamentally change"!?

Anyone else been through that before? What solutions did you find, only to move out?? Cuz we just moved in 6mos ago and it'd be a huge pain to pack everything and up and go yet again :/
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Next time you re-enter the country, just have your Russian friends or relatives register you at their place, it's not like someone's gonna come there in the middle of the night and check if you're actually staying there.

You'd think someone will set up a business, registering foreigners in the way Tiancai mentions, for a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiancai View Post
    it's not like someone's gonna come there in the middle of the night and check if you're actually staying there.
    No, they come and check in the daytime, they can call by pone too (in the day time), and yes they check, there may be years between, but they do check.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (03-10-2018), xt-tsi (03-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    No, they come and check in the daytime, they can call by pone too (in the day time), and yes they check, there may be years between, but they do check.
    and THEN the sh...t really hits the fan. what I do not understand, how many time have we read here or heard from a friend of a friend who had this happen to his friend about all these things. and people are still doing the same -mistakes - thinkign they are clever and of course THEY wil lget away with it. and THAn they are complaining and moaning about the racist this, and sh..t that. and how bad the country and system is. sh..t commis still all over the place, under the bed and lurking around every corner.but forgetting i nthe end they have only themselves to blame.

by the way, i was reading up o nthe new envisaged immigration laws in, what will it be then, England? once they are out of the EU. Worse then in Russia. If you have no income, no job qualifications, no place to stay or at least the means to pay the rent, you can notocome in. you have to PROVE that you can upkeep yourself for a year. meaning money in the bank. but not, in today, stamp in the book and money out tomorow. and that means everyone. Austrian,German, Swiss, Nigerian, Chinese,Russian. no difference will be made. Only students who are there are exempt from these rules, provided they either have paid their fees already. or have the money. and people who are living and working there. not relying on social security or charity....so. no more Polish plumbers...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (03-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    In the daytime it's easy to have an excuse, like "oh, he went to the store to get some bread/to the library/on a date/etc.", which is why I say register at a friend's or relatives' place, so they have your back in case this happens. If the popo is persistant, the friend can message you to get here as fast as you can, so you can come over and tell the popo "oh my bad, I was just taking a stroll in the park, didn't know you're coming".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiancai For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (08-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiancai View Post
    In the daytime it's easy to have an excuse, like "oh, he went to the store to get some bread/to the library/on a date/etc.", which is why I say register at a friend's or relatives' place, so they have your back in case this happens. If the popo is persistant, the friend can message you to get here as fast as you can, so you can come over and tell the popo "oh my bad, I was just taking a stroll in the park, didn't know you're coming".
    the -checkers- did not swim around o the chicken soup. if they WANT to have a look and see who is there they will know in advance if the persons wanted are at home or not. some things have not changed since the good old cccp times. and one of them is the check what is going around in the building. do YOU know who is doing it in your place? i know who is doing it in my building. that does not mean informign and snooping ad deceiving. but just keeping an order. and an eye on things. and we live in peace and quiet. no one wants to come and -sell potaotes-. rings the bell and asks if -Misha, Natasha or Sasha is at home-. While checking if there is a big dog guarding the plave. or if it is a lonely Granny opening the door.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    the -checkers- did not swim around o the chicken soup. if they WANT to have a look and see who is there they will know in advance if the persons wanted are at home or not. some things have not changed since the good old cccp times. and one of them is the check what is going around in the building. do YOU know who is doing it in your place? i know who is doing it in my building. that does not mean informign and snooping ad deceiving. but just keeping an order. and an eye on things. and we live in peace and quiet. no one wants to come and -sell potaotes-. rings the bell and asks if -Misha, Natasha or Sasha is at home-. While checking if there is a big dog guarding the plave. or if it is a lonely Granny opening the door.
    TBH I've never seen a "checker", I always thought it was the local policeman (uczastkovy) who's responsible for these things, but I've never met the one responsible for my block, despite having registered plenty of foreign guests over the years (well, they did actually stay in my home though).

Sometimes there are people ringing on the door to sell a set of dishware or some other product, but they didn't look like spies sent by the KGB to secretly note who's living here. Even when the people from the military came looking for my brother (because he's conscript age), I lied to them that I'm just a foreigner renting this apartment and have no idea who he is or where he is, they didn't even ask to see my papers or confirm if I'm registered there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiancai For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (08-10-2018)