English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Export from Russia to USA?

Export from Russia to USA?

Hello,

I am looking for some information regarding the export of goods such as tablets and phones from Russia to the USA. Does anyone have experience doing this type of business that could advise me of the " obstacles" that may get in the way? How are business relations looked at currently between Russia and USA from a Russian point of view? Could the political climate hurt my Russia to USA supply channel in the coming months?

Any input / Advice would be great appreciated.

thank you!

-Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Jdoug View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for some information regarding the export of goods such as tablets and phones from Russia to the USA. Does anyone have experience doing this type of business that could advise me of the " obstacles" that may get in the way? How are business relations looked at currently between Russia and USA from a Russian point of view? Could the political climate hurt my Russia to USA supply channel in the coming months?

thank you!

-Justin
    prob a better idea is to export to america from china- drop shipping- it's last year's biggest thing from chiang mai.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    prob a better idea is to export to america from china- drop shipping- it's last year's biggest thing from chiang mai.

as far as I understand from reading also between the lines, EVERYTHING MADE IN CHINA, will be on the sanctions list. Never mind where it comes from. Or from which country it is being exported-imported?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Hello,

thank you!

-Justin
    Yes, the obstacle is called RED CHINA. If they can't undercut you with free government-subsidized shipping of similar products, they will just steal your ideas.
    Government is like Fertilizer. A little is good, too much is a pile of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Yes, the obstacle is called RED CHINA. If they can't undercut you with free government-subsidized shipping of similar products, they will just steal your ideas.
    Thanks for the reply, but to clarify I am not concerned with the China tariff issue. I have a supplier in Russia that claims they can export product that we need to the USA without issue. If we decide to do this business it would be a long term commitment and i am trying to predict any sort of supply issue that may arise from the Russia side.

Thanks for the reply, but to clarify I am not concerned with the China tariff issue. I have a supplier in Russia that claims they can export product that we need to the USA without issue. If we decide to do this business it would be a long term commitment and i am trying to predict any sort of supply issue that may arise from the Russia side.
    if that is the case, then would it not be better to go to the USA Embassy, get an expert from the TRADES DEPARTMENT/MISSION to explain and clarify the issues and questions that you have. After all, it is them who should ahve all the correct answers?

What do they need you for?

Excuse my pessimism, but what possible product can you import from RUS to US that the Chi-comms can't undercut?
    Government is like Fertilizer. A little is good, too much is a pile of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    What do they need you for?

Excuse my pessimism, but what possible product can you import from RUS to US that the Chi-comms can't undercut?
    Caviar, Matrioshkas, smoked Sturgeon, bottled Baikal water, Chocolates from Rot Front or Red Oktober. Any other foodstuffs that the Russian community might want in Brighton Beach?