English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Websites for buying a TV

Websites for buying a TV

I will be in Moscow at the end of the year and the missus wants a new TV, probably no bigger than 40 inches, can anyone recommend some websites where I can get an idea of price and what's available. Living in Blighty, my understanding is Japanese makes are a bit pricey due to the exchange rate. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaDel View Post
    I will be in Moscow at the end of the year and the missus wants a new TV, probably no bigger than 40 inches, can anyone recommend some websites where I can get an idea of price and what's available. Living in Blighty, my understanding is Japanese makes are a bit pricey due to the exchange rate. Any help would be appreciated.
    Your best bet for prices would be:

Http://market.yandex.ru

BUT:

for a no mess purchase, just go to

Http://mvideo.ru

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (29-09-2018), StellaDel (28-09-2018)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

StellaDel (28-09-2018)

Thank you...

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Your best bet for prices would be:

Http://market.yandex.ru

BUT:

for a no mess purchase, just go to

Http://mvideo.ru
    Right, Yandex market like Google shopping will find you the cheapest price, maybe even by a hundred bucks, but a lot of these places will be cash only and they'll be some kiosk in the middle of a huge electronics market that will be lots of fun to find!

Whereas mvideo will be like your typical mass market electronics shop, overpriced but with more convenient locations and better after-purchase support.
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

StellaDel (09-10-2018)

https://www.holodilnik.ru/audio_vide...SABEgInCvD_BwE

here is an Internet link, Russian language, but Google Chrome will translate. That gives you also all the features of the TV set. I did not look any further. delivery where? how much it might cost and the likes...

If you kow your way around, or have some help, places like the MITINO RADIO PYNOK, cannot be bettered for price or quantity or variety. though you must know what you want. while most of the shops accept plasic, there are some places that take cash also...
    Another place to look at SAVELOVSKY COMPUTER MARKET. Again, Russian language mainly. while it is a computer place, it does have also shops with TVs.
    GORBUSHKA MARKET, a rabbit warren of little shops and big talkers and of course everyone has the best price -just for you- and - only today-.
    And maybe not to be overlooked, AUCHAN, the french hyper, has a big electronics section. There is one for sure next to your place...cash and cards. also do delivery, for $$ of course...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

StellaDel (09-10-2018)