English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Panasonic Phone system needs setup

Panasonic Phone system needs setup

Hi guys, Does anyone know a competent individual/company to contract with to reprogram a Panasonic KX-T7630 phone system? We moved our school to a new location, which has a different phone provider, and they came in with an idiot who totally screwed up our PBX programming so we can't forward calls, hold calls etc. and more. I need help!

The KX-T7630 is the handset so to speak, the PBX unit is the "thing", it may have a name like KX-TDA yyyy, go and look that up, then you may be able to find instructions on how to reset it's settings to factory default and then go from there.
    Or you may go to https://www.panasonic.com/ru/support.html

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    The KX-T7630 is the handset so to speak, the PBX unit is the "thing", it may have a name like KX-TDA yyyy, go and look that up, then you may be able to find instructions on how to reset it's settings to factory default and then go from there.
    sounds like you are 'hired'

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rumple_stilskin For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (21-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    sounds like you are 'hired'
    No, thank you.
    Just a free advice to guide them in a direction that may help if they want to try fixing the issue them self, as a bonus they may even learn some more about there system that they may benefit from in the future.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (19-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Thanks Hans. We do have the 230 page technical manual for the PBX, it's KX-TDA30 (I gave the number of the handset rather than the PBX unit because I just didn't have the PBX anywhere nearby when writing the post. I thought maybe the numbers were the same on the phone--guess not.) But to be honest even with the manual it would take days for us to be able to figure it out by ourselves. We called one expert after nervously reading the first page warning in the manual "THIS UNIT MAY ONLY BE INSTALLED AND SERVICED BY QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL." Unfortunately, the guy our phone company provided was definitely not qualified even though they said he was, and so now it's worse because it's not just setting up but figuring out what the guy they sent screwed up. :-(

That's why I'm looking for recommendations of GOOD phone techs! (Our IT administrator is on vacation and anyway says "I don't know anything about phones." And the guy who previously installed our phones, who was very smart, is unfortunately no longer in Moscow.)

Many Thanks,
    Marian

Quote Originally Posted by Marian D View Post
    "THIS UNIT MAY ONLY BE INSTALLED AND SERVICED BY QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL."
    This is always a nice line/disclaimer, you can be qualified but not experience with the specific model in question, then it take a lot of time but you will most likely get there sooner or later if you have the right documentation on hand.
    A qualified service person that knows your model well is not that easy to find. A few years ago I did some upgrade and service on a PBX at a embassy in St. Petersburg, I am qualified, but did not know the specific brand/model so I just called the brands service department and ask for advice and when they figure out that they are dealing with a qualified service person things goes smoothly, no problem, if it just a random office worker then they often do not want to help, sorry that is how it is.
    So you could try to find a local qualified service person that may not know the brand/model and take it from there.

Unfortunately, the guy our phone company provided was definitely not qualified even though they said he was, and so now it's worse because it's not just setting up but figuring out what the guy they sent screwed up. :-(
    You do not want to try to figure out what this person had done to your PBX, because you have very limit chance to do so, you want to reset the PBX, factory default, or if you are lucky there may be a backup of your former setup on the thing.

That's why I'm looking for recommendations of GOOD phone techs! (Our IT administrator is on vacation and anyway says "I don't know anything about phones." And the guy who previously installed our phones, who was very smart, is unfortunately no longer in Moscow.)
    Call Panasonic https://www.panasonic.com/ru/support.html, at least you will then know worst case scenario (money, money).

Or maybe these ppl can help http://www.atc-spb.ru/nashi-zakazchiki/
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (20-09-2018)