English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Easiest way to ship a document from US to Russia?

Easiest way to ship a document from US to Russia?

Hello, I need to know , fedex Russia and fedex america didnt answer my phone calls....dhl didnt answer, I need a simple document shipped from isa to moscow...from a 2014 article it sauys dhl and fedex do not ship to russia any longer. True?

Quote Originally Posted by finnandcork View Post
    Hello, I need to know , fedex Russia and fedex america didnt answer my phone calls....dhl didnt answer, I need a simple document shipped from isa to moscow...from a 2014 article it sauys dhl and fedex do not ship to russia any longer. True?
    get registered mail with the post office. or - 1st class mail as you call it in the USA. https://www.usps.com/ship/first-class-mail.htm

the person who sends it should make copies and-or photos of everything as well and send it to you. but you also must make sure that you check HERE your mailbox in your building. you get a little slip telling you that mail has arrived for you. you need to fill in a few things at the back. and go with this slip and your passport to the post office.

anyone of these offices near your place back in the USA? maybe they can help? https://www.myus.com/welcome/sem/?ai...dd36cf752340f4
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

fedex for years upon years only shipped to offices. never to a house address.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    but you also must make sure that you check HERE your mailbox in your building. you get a little slip telling you that mail has arrived for you. you need to fill in a few things at the back. and go with this slip and your passport to the post office.
    It had happen more than once for me that the local post office had forgot to put the little slip (Forma 22?) in my mailbox, last time was two weeks ago, so one should try to get a Track & Trace number for the parcel/letter, it that way you can follow your stuff both on the sender and the receiver side's T&T webpage, the Russian side (https://www.pochta.ru/, one may have to create a login) have a function where you can fill in the little slip with your personal data, print out and sign, and then go and queue in the post office.
    The little slip may just lay at the post office until they have a huge amount of stuff to deliver to your staircase/building/district, it is called effective operation, or just pure laziness, the stamp on the slip tell one story, the day it is in your mailbox an other story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    It had happen more than once for me that the local post office had forgot to put the little slip (Forma 22?) in my mailbox, last time was two weeks ago, so one should try to get a Track & Trace number for the parcel/letter, it that way you can follow your stuff both on the sender and the receiver side's T&T webpage, the Russian side (https://www.pochta.ru/, one may have to create a login) have a function where you can fill in the little slip with your personal data, print out and sign, and then go and queue in the post office.
    The little slip may just lay at the post office until they have a huge amount of stuff to deliver to your staircase/building/district, it is called effective operation, or just pure laziness, the stamp on the slip tell one story, the day it is in your mailbox an other story.
    dont know how it is Piter. but here you get a second and third reminder. though suppose it depends on the people who are working at the post office. from the Boss to the person who delivers the mail.(I had ordered a - Wahlkarte- for the election of our President. The envelope, registered mail, from Austria, was hand delivered on a SUNDAY).

I always used Pony Express when I was in Russia. I think they also handle import of mail from US. The company, ponyexpress.ru, was started by 2 Americans.
    Government is like Fertilizer. A little is good, too much is a pile of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    I worried that a little notice of delivery paper would get lost or trashed in the general damage and disorder of the mailboxes. Occasionally I could hear a drunk taking a baseball bat to the mailboxes

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    I always used Pony Express when I was in Russia. I think they also handle import of mail from US. The company, ponyexpress.ru, was started by 2 Americans.
    https://www.ponyexpress.ru/support/s...vaniya/tariff/
    it also has a contact number there. when I tried to click on - international - deliveries, got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://www.ponyexpress.ru/support/s...vaniya/tariff/
    it also has a contact number there. when I tried to click on - international - deliveries, got nothing.
    Their website seems kind of balky... read my next message - maybe they have lost business because the regular post office is much improved.

Integrated Russian and US Postal Tracking

I sent a small package to Russia on Sept.12. It is "First Class" type of package - under 4 pounds and under $400 in declared value.

I go to USPS.com and select "tracking" menu option, type in the tracking numb er, and it displays where the package is, on its way to the destination/recipient. When the p[ackage is international, it just show "departed Chicago" as the final tracking information item, meaning it has departed the USA and that's the end of the tracking.

With this package, the tracking history displays the item arrived in Moskow (why it went through Dubai? ).

Read from latest (top) to earliest (bottom)

September 19, 2018, 1:25 am
    Processed through Facility
    MOSKVA PCI-21, RUSSIAN FEDERATION
    Your item was processed through a facility in MOSKVA PCI-21, RUSSIAN FEDERATION on September 19, 2018 at 1:25 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

September 18, 2018, 10:31 am
    Customs Clearance Processing Complete
    RUSSIAN FEDERATION

September 18, 2018, 10:25 am
    Processed Through Facility
    RUSSIAN FEDERATION

September 18, 2018, 12:30 am
    Customs Clearance
    RUSSIAN FEDERATION

September 17, 2018, 2:43 pm
    Departed
    MOSCOW, RUSSIAN FEDERATION

September 17, 2018, 9:40 am
    Departed
    DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

September 15, 2018, 8:45 pm
    Departed
    CHICAGO, UNITED STATES

But, I can go to pochta.ru and also get tracking information, by entering the same US tracking number.

Russian Post

Departed from local distribution center
    19 September 2018, 01:25 102975, Шарапово

Forwarded for delivery within Russia
    19 September 2018, 01:25 102976, Шарапово

Released by custom house
    18 September 2018, 10:31 102976, Шарапово

Handed over to the customs
    18 September 2018, 10:30 102976, Шарапово

Registered
    18 September 2018, 10:25 102976, Шарапово

Arrived at the local distribution center
    18 September 2018, 06:52 102975, Шарапово

Departed from local distribution center
    17 September 2018, 21:42 102320, Домодедово

Arrived at the local distribution center
    17 September 2018, 17:12 102320, Домодедово

Arrived to Russian Federation
    17 September 2018, 17:12 102320, Домодедово

US Post

Awaiting release from USA
    14 September 2018, 08:03 USORDA, USA

Arrived at the customs of USA
    13 September 2018, 11:24 USORDA, USA

Arrived at the Post office
    12 September 2018, 11:18 66865, USA

So this seems to be very good news - no more lost packages. I used to get a lot of those. Without tracking, some buyers (international and domestic) would claim they never received the merchandise, and I have to refund their purchase price.

I guess the bad news is that the shrinking realm of personal privacy - authorities know even more information about you and who you are sending mail to.

The integrated tracking (at least for "First-Class" package) will greatly reduce the number of "lost" packages. An envelope can be sent "First-Class" or you can spend more money with insurance, registration, signature required, etc... . I have shipped 3000 packages since tracking started and the only ones that disappear are the ones people claim are stolen from their porches or mailboxes (not my problem), which, unfortunately, seems to be an increasing occurrence. Check out these crackheads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MiAYcFoEkNc

She breaks her leg trying to steal a package!

She breaks her leg trying to steal a package![/QUOTE]

the delivery service puts the package just in front of the door? no signature on a receiving- delivery slip? strange customs they have there.