English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: and Moscow's NEW Mayor, is the old one...

and Moscow's NEW Mayor, is the old one...

https://www.rbc.ru/politics/09/09/20...0b84?from=main

anyone expected anything else? well, now we have him for 5 more years.
    Let's see what he and his business friends, family and acquaintances will repair, destroy, build, renovate, extend, increase over this time.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (11-09-2018)

I think he's done a good job.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post

I happened to see a -Genplan- (when opening a restaurant, food court, Kulinaria) some 20 years ago or it might have been even earlier. Most of the things that are here today were planned already back then. Roads, the MZZ, Metro Stations, and the likes. Though Yuri Michailovitch had a construction company, so more buildings went up. Sobyanin has a -road making- company, so streets, sideways, parks and the like are coming up all over the place.Though ONE thing definitely has improved. There are childrens palygrounds on every corner. Whoever does it, must have gooten a contract for life. Each and everyone looks the same. Done with - modules-. Easy to put up. But, at least out here, bits and pieces seem to fall off and dissapear.Or are being spirited away. ...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

natlee (10-09-2018), nicklcool (10-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Only an expat could say that.
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (10-09-2018), Uncle Wally (10-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Only an expat could say that.

No reason to get ugly about it.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

-my- oh so beautiful Vienna on the blue Danube has been voted for I do not know many times, as the most lovable, liveable, safest, beautifull City in the world. Asked were Expats and tourists. NO locals. Voters of course see only the Sisi Museum,Inner City, were streets are also been washed and cleaned every day. they are being shuttled around in the -hop on hop off -red tourist buses. See the Mozart House, the - Third man- sanitized sewage bunkers and the State Opera. Same with Expats. They work and live in their own circle, live in there -compounds - or exclusive apartements that the company pays.They slurp brown dishwater a.k.a. known as Coffee at Starbucks and -have Lunch at -Meinl am Graben- or at the Sacher.
    But if one reads the local press, and I do, there are murders (stabbings -only-, guns are seldom used because the law is so strict) every day. Traffic comes more often than not to a standstill because of the many construction sites.And, special on the Ringstrasse (sort of Garden Ring) all traffic, including public, is standing. Because of another demonstration, strike or walkout. Apartemtns are so expensive, a local seldom can afford a decent,new, place. So they mainly have to commute to work. In Viennas Subway they are trying out a LAW, that forbids to eat the stinking and smelling stuff whatever people think the subway is the only place to eat. To the chargrin and annoyment of others. They need a LAW? ( they are trying it on one line at the moment). Move away from the glitzy center, for instance to the 5th district. And you see shops boarded up all over, grey streets, grey houses, old and grey people. THAT the -voters- never see. But are a fact. The new Hauptbahnhof (the Central Railwaystaion) is being closed and locked down after the last train arrives and only opened in the morning. All the homeless, alcoholics and druggiers had slept all over the place in the corners and left a mess in the morning. PRATERSTERN, a hotspot for drug dealing. Alcoholics all over lying on benches, doorways and corners. Fights between Immigrants of different counties are common there.And the knife is the preferred weapon. Not to maim but to kill. A MAN needs a knife, they say, it is done in our home country....Police are doing raids every day. The law is gone, the scum is back. RESSEL PARK, outside Karlsplatz Subway station. After many years of fighting and arguing the police has managed to clean up the subway.THE mayor hub in the center. Now all the alkies, druggis and assorted whatever are out in the park. A big playground for many children, exhibition space for locals AND tourists AND Expats ( who NEVER go there). Needles,bottles, used condoms and other assorted stuff have to be cleaned up in the morning first place. I could go on and on and on. And Vienna is being votest as such an ice place. Nice, when doing like the three monkeys. See nothing, hear nothing, speak nothing.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

natlee (11-09-2018), Uncle Wally (11-09-2018)

I pay about one million rubles taxes a year and am happy to know that the pavement that began to break just a few months after it was installed, has been paid with my money. That the water that is poured in the streets 6 months a year is paid by my money... Etc etc. I don't even count the new points of traffic jam that the megalomaniac mayor created with his urban plan... The GR from Kurskaya to Maykovskaya is blocked now 24x7, for example... Of course I love the Kalashnikov statue that is the reason, but...
    Sadly there was no candidate apart this megalo... I voted for LDPR just to make one vote less for the winner.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Unknown For This Useful Post:

natlee (11-09-2018)

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Sadly there was no candidate apart this megalo... I voted for LDPR just to make one vote less for the winner.[/QUOTE]

do you know the MAIN reason why the streets are being washed? Out here in Strogino by the was also the pavements? to bind the dust and the bits and pieces of rubber that come off the car tires. it is washed to the side. and then the sweeping truck is next, cleaning away all that gunk. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feinstaub .One of the main reasons for -washing- the roads.
    Garden route was already blocked when Luzhkov was Mayor. Or still Popov. For a big part, the motorists have to blame themselves. For instance still driving into the intersection, even when they see, they cannot move out. This way blocking the place for the other side who has -green- now.
    Why do the bricks break? Read up what salt and the -reagent- they put out does to them. Water is freezing during the night. does wonders to concrete and brick. But if it is not cleaned from even 1 cm snow, people are squealing immediately, -I pay tax, I want it clean-.Maybe underfloor heating all over the place will help? they have done it in front of the City Hall building. On Tverskaya. No problems with crumbling bricks since years. And no one slipping and sliding, thinking, sueing the nCity Hall might get me a tidy compensation sum.
    If you pay a million in taxes, you must have a good salary indeed. Suppose THAT can up weigh all these oh so negative things about Moscow?

Gosh! I have good income as I do WORK a lot! Moreover I do not complain at all for how much I am paying, but for HOW it is used!

About the Garden Ring: New trafic jams I am talking about are especially from 3 places, both on the external side:

1- the NO-Turn to Leninsky after the Tulskaya exit, that creates problem from Paveletskaya!!

2- the special lane to make a U-turn at Park Kultury: No bad idea BUT badly realized: One lane only to u-turn, moreover though it is forbidden, a lot of drivers are still doing it like before! That means congestion on the right lanes, AND on the left lanes of the street!

3- Changes to turn to Pr.Mira and before Mayakovskaya (external side), that create problems from Kurskaya! Here too, only ONE small lane, there should have been SMALLER place for pedestrians (WHO walks at this place???) and 2 lanes!

4- the new arrangement near turn to Novoslobodskaya that is a complete non sense!

And if I add the quantity of new red signals everywhere (for example on the Naberezhnaya from Taganskaya to the Zaryadne Park: 9 now instead of 4 before). BTW this fu*king Zaryadne park... that cost millions of bucks... better would have been a simple GREEN SPACE where people can just SIT and REST rather than this stupid park where people walk like cows in a lane!

I walk a lot. Went from metro Sokol to Belorusskaya some days ago. Believe me, there is NO place at all to buy some drink, simple bottle of juice or water! Our kiosks have been removed by the megalomaniac, of course.... This idiot could have forced kiosk owners to pay taxes, that would have been a win-win for everybody: Clients, employees (the no work rate is at its highest since a few years!) and tax services! But asking an idiot to be clever does not work...

Pavement: Of course water turns into ice in Winter and so bricks are breaking! BUT nobody thought about it before? Simple asphalt has less problems, is easier to repair, and cheaper! Ah of course asphalt factory were Luzhkov's one, our new XXX has bricks factory...

Pouring water in Summer, only in Moscow I saw this crap. I didn't speak about winter, yes removing snow is working well. or better to say WAS working well until 2 years ago: The 2 last winters a few streets were not cleaned from snow, and not only in outside the center... Let's see this year..

With Luzhkov things were globally better, of course there were less cars. I do NOT regret Luzhkov at all, I am just saying that the megalomaniac is creating NEW problems instead of fixing the old ones. At OUR expense!

And if I add the quantity of new red signals everywhere (for example on the Naberezhnaya from Taganskaya to the Zaryadne Park: 9 now instead of 4 before). BTW this fu*king Zaryadne park... that cost millions of bucks... better would have been a simple GREEN SPACE where people can just SIT and REST rather than this stupid park where people walk like cows in a lane!

I walk a lot. Went from metro Sokol to Belorusskaya some days ago. Believe me, there is NO place aa t all to buy some drink, simple bottle of juice or water! Our kiosks have been removed by the megalomaniac, of course.... This idiot could have forced kiosk owners to pay taxes, that would have been a win-win for everybody: Clients, employees (the no work rate is at its highest since a few years!) and tax services! But asking an idiot to be clever does not work...

there is plenty space and place to sit in the park. you just have to look for it. the benches are in the quiet areas. where the people walk like -cows- there are interesting plants, instalations or out door exhibition. have you seen any of the exhibition inside the halls? have you been inside the new concert hall. THAT is the bigger reason for the park to be constructed.

Whe nwalking from Sokol to Belarusskaya did you walk? In the middel of the Leningradskaya Shossee that is diveided by that newly constructed brick walkway. and that little bit of grass left and right? walk o nthe lest and right side of the road, plenty shop and stores there. if nothing else, then at least at each Metro Staion.No one in his sane mind takes a walk all that way along Leningradskaya. A high density traffic road. and stinks of exhaust gases. So all the sops are on the first and second side road BEHIND the main road. THAT is where the people live. and where shops are eeded.
    There is a reason behing why roads are being washed. and by the way not only in Moscow. I explained that in my first reply. Google it and you get more answers.I am glad all these shitty kioskas are gone. was the way of doing it correct? there are always two sides to the coin. I rememebr a story seen o nTV, where the owner was cryind an swearing and complaining. his little ( illegally) built restaurant, oh so much work he did, and what all was done, is all being destroyed... With - everything inside-. It just happened to be i nthe neighborhood where i walked the dog everyday. And saw already 2 weeks before the place was closed.ANd EVERYTHING was removed. Even the outside ashtrays that were put up by the municipaly because a bus stop is nearby. we ahve shops getting up on every corner. a veg kiosk, the butcher and sausage manufacturer, some sweets, goceries all are togehter. each one has his own till. you pay at each one seperate, a little bit complicated. but the perfect little neighborhood store. of course these are no huge chanis, no Billa,no Auchan but the little Tadhsik who wants to make money.Because NO Russian will work from 8 in the morning to 10 in the night. 7 days a week. The parkservice had planned and already constructed, 2 nice swimming pools for kids and toddlers. right in the center of the shallow lagune. but not with river water. but whith fresh water. they had planned to put up showers, toilets,not the porta loos.But it was raining a lot last October so the heavy trucks put them on the side of the ashalt mai npark road. scum during the next 2 month trashed these containers completely. ( I have photos) there was planned WIFI. and a few more things. A few people were against it ( i know hte story, it was a paid for set up).The parkservice said , f...k you all, you dont want it, well so be it, you will get nothing. they dismanteled the pools, took away the kiosk, the cables and wiring were cut and covered over. and now even the last Bio toilets are gone. because some scumbags turend them over ever other day. Parkbenches are being stolen and so are the newly installed -mangals-. They are 200 kgr each and have to be carried by at least four people. things are welded onto rebar that is being concreted into the ground. even that is being ripped out. the beaches were ploughed over, grass was sown. because the white sand they had put up a year before was gone. carted away. the nice wooden lounge setties were either stolen, thrown into the river or broken up for fire wood. ONE i saw even on a ship that was anchored for weeks on the river.
    and this is only a part of it....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (17-09-2018)