English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Five excuses not to go to the polls( this time for Moscow's Mayor)

Five excuses not to go to the polls( this time for Moscow's Mayor)

http://vesti360.ru/archives/3668/pya...utm_medium=cpc

Quite a nice article. And while it is most probably indeed all fixed or all decided or known already in advance, one should nevertheless go and vote for YOUR candidate. We get everyday material in our post box from candidates for the election. And to be honest, most are only ranting and raving just for the sake of it. Also on FB they are mainly against everything just for the sake of it. Alternatives that will make a change and are also workable? Have nor read or heard anything?
    So, should one go to the elections? I still will say yes. I have seen the GOSPLAN for Moscow some 20 years ago. Also the plan of the METRO, this was no secret, it was on the site of the Metro. The new ring road, also no secret, also planned long ago. The railway Central Ring. Long ago there were talks to utilize the unused old railwaz line. It was built by Stalin to get arms and ammunition quickly around town. But also used by the postal sevice and the big warehouses.Easy now for the good Mayor to take credit for all this when it was deceided long ago that it would be done.
    People like to talk about democracy. Good for them. But they also should remember there it is also a responsibility, not a God-given right.
    Though what amazes me always and this is not only in Russia. Peopel are so often agains all government, interference, checking and - spying- on us. But IF and WHEN something goes worng, the first thing people are clamouring for is -where are the authorities-. Think about it!
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

I got an SMS from them today to confirm my polling station, apparently the closest one is somewhere in Kaluga region.

Screenshot_20180907-125648.jpg

[QUOTE=Tiancai;1482605]I got an SMS from them today to confirm my polling station, apparently, the closest one is somewhere in Kaluga region.: cool:

good for you! from what I see here, our polling station is around the corner, what they are putting up, carousels, stands, playthings for the kids, no wonder elections are on the same day as City Day (Moscow is celebrating 871 years) should be a fun day tomorrow. weather seems to be holdign!
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....