English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Best-Selling Vehicles in Russia

Best-Selling Vehicles in Russia

The Russian car industry has been homogenized by that nation’s exposure to consumerism. Russian car buyers with the money to buy a car want and expect the same features car shoppers everywhere want. Presented here are the five best-selling vehicles in Russia. Note that two are homegrown, the rest imported. All, however, are priced considerably below the starting price of vehicles sold here in the States.

Lada Granta

Hyundai Solaris

Renault Duster

Volkswagen Polo

UAZ 469 “Hunter”

Which one will suits you??

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaithy For This Useful Post:

Judge (31-08-2018), nicklcool (01-09-2018), TolkoRaz (31-08-2018)

Definitely the traditional long enduring UAZ-469

But, no comforts for me, I much prefer the UAZ-469B

21.jpg
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Judge (31-08-2018), nicklcool (01-09-2018)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    When it comes to off road capabilities and for a decent price the Duster wins hands down .
    Near my village lake, the fisherman all seem to drive Dusters.
    Watched a few videos 44 Duster vs ...... and the former seems to kick arse against most, even cars costing triple.

The new UAZ Patriot looks good and seems to be okish, but reliability is a concern.

Last edited by Judge; 31-08-2018 at 11:16.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (01-09-2018)

What about motorcycles?
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Definitely the traditional long enduring UAZ-469
    MY company car, ok car after the first few years of "service" (read: repair, repair, repair) at the dealer, no comfort what so ever, absolutely non existing.
    Off road on "comfort" tires, not good, with "tractor" tires then we are moving on, one full day driving off road you do not need to go to the gym.
    Radio was working for a few weeks that dead, light is for decoration not for orientation, heating system, or what ever it is, is just strange on a good day in winter you may keep the windows free for mist on an bad day you have to drive with you head out the window, locks on doors? what is that? so some times you drive with one or more doors flapping in the breeze.
    But I was kindly inform by a local that this car is much better than a Land Rover...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Judge (31-08-2018), nicklcool (01-09-2018), Uncle Wally (31-08-2018)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    MY company car, ok car after the first few years of "service" (read: repair, repair, repair) at the dealer, no comfort what so ever, absolutely non existing.
    Off road on "comfort" tires, not good, with "tractor" tires then we are moving on, one full day driving off road you do not need to go to the gym.
    Radio was working for a few weeks that dead, light is for decoration not for orientation, heating system, or what ever it is, is just strange on a good day in winter you may keep the windows free for mist on an bad day you have to drive with you head out the window, locks on doors? what is that? so some times you drive with one or more doors flapping in the breeze.
    But I was kindly inform by a local that this car is much better than a Land Rover...
    UAZ-469 = company car, where do you work, taiga?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (01-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post

My friend had one for years. He said he dreamed about owning one since he was a kid. Every time I called him, he was either fixing it or on the way to get it fixed. He just got a Jeep wrangler.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (01-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    UAZ-469 = company car, where do you work, taiga?
    Headquarter is in a small village on the country side, far from Sp. Petersburg and Moscow, but we have direct trains to both places.
    Now and then I need to go (drive 4x4, only option) to a remote location to kick technically gear or start some 16 ton slow driving machinery.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Judge (31-08-2018), nicklcool (01-09-2018)