co-atmosphere.ru        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Need Russian state school with strong English focus

Need Russian state school with strong English focus

Am posting to see if anyone can offer some advice. A Russian acquaintance of mine wants to move with her son from St.Petersburg to Moscow and would like to enroll her son (who's in year 10 or 11) in a state school in Moscow. He currently attends a regular state school in St.P and she would like to enroll him in a Russian state school here in Moscow that has a very strong focus on English language.

Does anyone have any suggestions of good schools? If this information is already on this site somewhere perhaps someone could point me at the relevant thread. Feel free to post on here or PM me if more convenient. Much thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Muromets View Post
    Am posting to see if anyone can offer some advice. A Russian acquaintance of mine wants to move with her son from St.Petersburg to Moscow and would like to enroll her son (who's in year 10 or 11) in a state school in Moscow. He currently attends a regular state school in St.P and she would like to enroll him in a Russian state school here in Moscow that has a very strong focus on English language.

Does anyone have any suggestions of good schools? If this information is already on this site somewhere perhaps someone could point me at the relevant thread. Feel free to post on here or PM me if more convenient. Much thanks in advance.
    a reply would be easier knowing i nwhich district they will live. it is hard on a kid, and the parents as well, to schlepp all over town to go to scholl.
    one link is here. your friends can contact them. lets hope soneone is there. it is holiday season now...http://www.eurogym.ru/
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    a reply would be easier knowing i nwhich district they will live. it is hard on a kid, and the parents as well, to schlepp all over town to go to scholl.
    one link is here. your friends can contact them. lets hope soneone is there. it is holiday season now...http://www.eurogym.ru/
    They haven't picked a district yet. I guess a lot will depend on which school they go to - they'll just a rent a flat close by. So....need recommendations of good schools first and then they will take care of the registration and flat rental later. I assume they might be happy to pay privately for the school as well (not sure how this works with state schools).

So any recommendations of good schools with a strong English language programme would be welcome.

If your friend reads Russian, there is a rating system for Moscow public schools. A quick search on yandex should help.

for instance-

https://www.mos.ru/en/news/item/28518073/

This year the ratings were calculated on the basis of eight parameters: attention was paid to how students performed on the Basic State Exam (BSE) and the Unified State Exam (USE), as well as their participation in Moscow and national school academic competitions.

The 2016/2017 Moscow school ratings have been posted on the Department of Education’s website. The Higher School of Economics’ lyceum has come first; Lyceum No. 1535 is in second place, and the Moscow Open Education Institute’s School No. 179 sits in third. The ratings have 292 positions. This year, there were eight parameters. Attention was paid to the results of the Basic State Exam (BSE) and the Unified State Exam (USE), participation in Moscow and national school academic competitions, work with children with disabilities and use of the city’s socio-cultural resources. This last parameter was calculated based on students’ involvement in the Moscow Olympiads: Museums, Parks and Estates, and The Bond between Generations Can’t Be Broken.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Muromets (08-08-2018)