co-atmosphere.ru        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: 3 year tourist Visa Questions/End Date

3 year tourist Visa Questions/End Date

Hi All, first post here, sorry if its been answered bu couldnt find it in the search area.

Im an American citizen in SPB on a 3-year tourist visa, 6 months on/6 months off. Im here living with my girlfriend.

My questions are: Do days spent in another country affect the day I must leave Russia for the 6 month 'off' period? AKA must I leave on the date printed in my passport?

And secondly, what is the best way to obtain a sham work visa? Aka, pay for a work visa but not really work?

Appreciate all info!

Thank you

These are the restrictions on the 3 year tourist visa from this source https://ru.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen...russian-visas/ -

"In October 2007, the Russian government made significant changes to its rules regarding the length of stay permitted to most foreign visitors. Visas issued for 3 years allow for a 6-month uninterrupted stay in the country. The break between the intervals may be as short as one calendar day.

The day you travel in and out of the country is considered a full day in Russia. If you leave at 6 am tomorrow, you are considered to be in Russia all day. If you arrive at midnight tomorrow, you are in Russia all day tomorrow. Don't call it too close, give yourself an extra few days. In other words, stay in the country about 175 days, not exactly 180.

I don't think you will succeed in obtaining a sham work visa. To have a work visa as an American, you'd need to show what wages you will earn and then earn them. There is a minimum amount you'd need to earn. An employer would have to pay your social taxes for your sham job, something you'd need to finance out of your own pocket.

Do your homework before trying any sham visa schemes and don't let any sleazy lawyers talk you into doing anything unwise. The migration officials are cracking down. If you get caught, you could end up being deported or blocked at the border.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Amerikai (06-08-2018), Benedikt (07-08-2018), FatAndy (07-08-2018), Max1982 (06-08-2018)

So if I understand this correctly, at the end of my 6 months here, I only need to leave for 1 day for the next 6 month period to take effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikai View Post
    So if I understand this correctly, at the end of my 6 months here, I only need to leave for 1 day for the next 6 month period to take effect?
    theoretically yes. you take the fast train to Helsinki, just after midnight. that counts already one day out. do a days shopping at Stockmann and return with the last train from Helsinki a few minutes after midnight. That counts still one more day out. BUT dont forget, customs and border police also have computers these days, so dont cut it to close. do not try anything that is not legal. forget about the so called experts. they are glad to take your money. and in the worst case they will say, sorry you have been refused for a myriad of reasons. and your money is gone. and so will you...with a stamp i nyour passport - refuse visa and entry to Russia for the next 5 years-.and after THAT trying to get any type of visum, you will have a hard time to convince the peopel at the consulate to give you that stamp.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Amerikai (07-08-2018), FatAndy (07-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikai View Post
    Yes, but read Benedikt's words. He is wise.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (07-08-2018)

Thanks all so much, instead of planning on leaving Russia next month im setteling in for 2 and a half more years here! Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    theoretically yes. you take the fast train to Helsinki,
    Right now I think they are doing some repair work that may give changes to the time table for that train (Allegro?) so better check, and check once more, the time table, but you can always take the bus, there are tons of busses to/from Helsinki (Finland) in St. Petersburg, and they are cheap too.
    But for sure the train is a much more safe journey.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (07-08-2018)

Ive done Luxexpress. Comfortable with no issues, good entertainment system too.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Yes, but read Benedikt's words. He is wise.
    And has A LOT of different types of experience in RF, from cuisine via foodstuff and buying howtos through transportation to everyday clothes repair, then to pets/vets and how to communicate with bureaucrats in Moscow and other cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Right now I think they are doing some repair work that may give changes to the time table for that train (Allegro?)
    There was also Lev Tolstoy several years ago, transiting SPb at Ladozhsky vkz from Moscow to Helsinki and back.
    Last edited by FatAndy; 07-08-2018 at 20:08.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents