Brookes School        British Lyceum in Moscow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video for RL and his International Jewish Community

Video for RL and his International Jewish Community

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

quincy (18-06-2018), rumple_stilskin (06-07-2018)

the guy would be much more credible without using the F..words. it is not needed. Americans have only themselves to blame. THEY elect, through their -election men- ( Wahlmänner) a president. they fall for the glitzy and ritzy advertising and election campaignes. they are a complacent lot. and now they squeal. like one can ELECT a President, one also can have him abdicate or resign. no need to impeach him. this is a democratic law. let them use it. but that will never happen. because for the Americans bullets are more important than bread. and the ones who make the bullets will always win. to bad for many a hardworking American.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (18-06-2018), quincy (18-06-2018), Uncle Wally (18-06-2018)

7.25, that's for the man - and it is two bedrooms, a kid+the wife. The wife will not work or what? So, more lies and dodges from Wally...
    Just yesterday I was talking to a 22 y.o. teenage Russian girl who has repeatedly been turned down at McDonalds and similar places here in SPb. Her salary expectations - 20K rubles per month (USD 322). That's the cost of one rather modest bedroom apartment rent here. But she will not have money to buy food or clothes and she needs to find this work first anyway... USD2 per hour - and she cannot find it. And of course she cannot count on any sort of foodstamps like in the US...
    Besides, her salary expectations are not the minimum salary, the minimum salary in Putin's Russia is 11100 rubles=1 dollar 11 cents per hour. You can rent only a room in a crammed apartment for this money and again, no money to buy food or clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    7.25, that's for the man - and it is two bedrooms, a kid+the wife. The wife will not work or what? So, more lies and dodges from Wally...
    Just yesterday I was talking to a 22 y.o. teenage Russian girl who has repeatedly been turned down at McDonalds and similar places here in SPb. Her salary expectations - 20K rubles per month (USD 322). That's the cost of one rather modest bedroom apartment rent here. But she will not have money to buy food or clothes and she needs to find this work first anyway... USD2 per hour - and she cannot find it. And of course she cannot count on any sort of foodstamps like in the US...
    Besides, her salary expectations are not the minimum salary, the minimum salary in Putin's Russia is 11100 rubles=1 dollar 11 cents per hour. You can rent only a room in a crammed apartment for this money and again, no money to buy food or clothes.

If she is 22 years old she is not a "teenager".

If we listen to you half the St. Petersburg population should have starved to death by now.

The US has a huge homeless problem. How many homeless people you have in your city? Many of the homeless people in the US have jobs. 50 million people poor, half the US population can't a $500 dollar emergency. The banks and corporations are making more money than ever. All while millions live outside and can't afford food.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

quincy (18-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    The banks and corporations are making more money than ever. All while millions live outside and can't afford food.
    The trillions printed starting with Obama in 2009 have mainly benefited the Banks and other finance players. The poor have become poorer

9. The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (18-06-2018)

If she is 22 years old she is not a "teenager".
    She is to me because she looks like one.

If we listen to you half the St. Petersburg population should have starved to death by now.

The US has a huge homeless problem. How many homeless people you have in your city? Many of the homeless people in the US have jobs.
    Many do starve or suffer from malnutrition. Many of those who become homeless are removed out of the city by the authorities or they simply die quickly because it is not a southern city. Inside the city on the permanent basis - around 60 thousand people (official stats for 2016) - https://www.pravmir.ru/chislo-bezdom...roslo-na-tret/
    Wally, pretending that the situation with the homeless in the US is in any way worse than here in Russia is ridiculous - the official minimum salary is 6 times higher in the US, poor Americans receive food aid while poor Russians don't. You better try something else, something like claiming the Russian ballet is better than the American ballet, for instance.

She is to me because she looks like one.

Many do starve or suffer from malnutrition. Many of those who become homeless are removed out of the city by the authorities or they simply die quickly because it is not a southern city. Inside the city on the permanent basis - around 60 thousand people (official stats for 2016) - https://www.pravmir.ru/chislo-bezdom...roslo-na-tret/
    Wally, pretending that the situation with the homeless in the US is in any way worse than here in Russia is ridiculous - the official minimum salary is 6 times higher in the US, poor Americans receive food aid while poor Russians don't. You better try something else, something like claiming the Russian ballet is better than the American ballet, for instance.

60,000? That's bull kaka. It's also against the law in Russia to move people out of the city.

I used to live in the projects (NYCHA), the "rent" only costs 1/3 of your income. So if you have a decent job, obviously it'd make no sense to live in the ghetto when you can pay the same money to rent an apartment in a decent 'hood, but if you're working minimum wage or on SSI/welfare, it's really a life saver. Oh, and if you're over 18 and don't have a job, you can just put in a few hours of community service a month instead of the rent. Utilities (electricity, water, gas) are completely free of charge.

There's nothing like that at all in Russia, it all comes down to the 90's privatization "lottery", if you got a nice cribb somewhere in Moscow or SPb, you are in the win ("жизнь удалась", as the Russians would say), but if you got a 1/5th part (доля) of a wooden barrack rotting away in the village of Zazhopinskoe in the Muhosransk region, then you're f'd for life.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiancai For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (07-07-2018), Russian Lad (18-06-2018)

It's also against the law in Russia to move people out of the city.
    Law, right. I know some homeless people in my neighborhood and even give them some cash occasionally, so I am well informed. But you may still wallow in that bubble of yours thinking that every Russian has got a relative who dies the moment this Russian needs an apartment. Or that many Russians can afford 10-13% mortgage.

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    RL, you are comparing america of 2018 with Russia. I don't see any reference in the video to Russia. So why are you bringing up Russia? (Although I guess russia is in many ways better than america - in my opinion)

If you notice at the beginning of the video he talks about in the 1970's it was the case that you worked 40 hours a week you had a reasonable life. So why is it, with all the technology change in the last 40 years that most people do not have this minimum standard of living that was there 40 years ago. I am sure things were not perfect in the 1970's in america, but they are better than now for at least 50% of americans.

So why is this the case?

Slavery has come back.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rumple_stilskin For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (06-07-2018)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    RL, you are comparing america of 2018 with Russia. I don't see any reference in the video to Russia. So why are you bringing up Russia? (Although I guess russia is in many ways better than america - in my opinion)

If you notice at the beginning of the video he talks about in the 1970's it was the case that you worked 40 hours a week you had a reasonable life. So why is it, with all the technology change in the last 40 years that most people do not have this minimum standard of living that was there 40 years ago. I am sure things were not perfect in the 1970's in america, but they are better than now for at least 50% of americans.

So why is this the case?

Slavery has come back.
    Teddy Kennedy's traitorous changes to our immigration laws hadn't fully transformed our society yet. There weren't enough cheap immigrant laborers yet, to put enough downward pressure on wages, to effect the kinds of lowering living standards you are describing. That is the answer to your "why" that is starting you in the face,, not some nameless powerful evil bankers or evil politicians. That specific politician,and the politicians on both left and right who continue to allow these insane "immigration" (open borders) policies to be in effect,are the answer to your "why."
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Teddy Kennedy's traitorous changes to our immigration laws hadn't fully transformed our society yet. There weren't enough cheap immigrant laborers yet, to put enough downward pressure on wages, to effect the kinds of lowering living standards you are describing. That is the answer to your "why" that is starting you in the face,, not some nameless powerful evil bankers or evil politicians. That specific politician,and the politicians on both left and right who continue to allow these insane "immigration" (open borders) policies to be in effect,are the answer to your "why."
    To the contrary, it is the bankers/politicians & super rich.

The gates wide open immigration laws are so A FEW PEOPLE can make a lot of money, a real lot of money. People in real estate, and there also bankers making money by loaning people money for the houses. Starting bidding wars with money they don't have. immigrants all pushing up the prices of houses, that then have interest payments on the loans. people that own shopping centres make more money as there are more customers per square kilometre and there more customers for their shopping centre etc etc.

Immigration, wide open, is simply to achieve factory farming of humans!!! the truth. And the bankers and other real estate entities make a bonza from it.

So, us humans need to be factory farmed so that a few bankers and their pals can buy a new private jet.

RL, you are comparing america of 2018 with Russia. I don't see any reference in the video to Russia.
    The reference is in the title. I assume Wally wanted me to compare. I work as a freelancer with one New York company, I do all this even without going to the US, even without leaving my room in fact, and they pay 5 (five) times more than 99% of big Russian translation agencies. So I think one has to be really dumb and uneducated not to make a good living in the US. And even if an American is dumb, uneducated, has his hands growing from his arse, lazy as hell and cannot find a decent job he still gets free food and medical aid and other benefits.

Free food?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

quincy (12-07-2018)

Downtown LA is probably too depressing even for poor Latinos to move in

23. The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (12-07-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast