English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Residence Permit Renewal

I don't know the renewal process for PRP, but for new applicants for TRP or PRP you can choose a time during one of the following three days now. It was just the next day for a while.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JonLDS For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (17-08-2018)

I drove out to Sakharovo today. It turns out if you're renewing PRP you don't need a talon, as I found out after I'd queued for one at entrance no. 5. They will see you on the same day. You just go to entrance no. 3 (submission of documents for TRP, PRP and citizenship) and tell the person at the desk that you are renewing your PRP. They check your PRP document and give you a talon for that day. I didn't stay today as I had to get back to Moscow (thought I was just showing up to get a talon for early next week!).
    Last edited by RooRu; 23-08-2018 at 16:22.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

xp@ (24-08-2018)

Very good to know. Some things are improving. Thanks.

I went back to today and failed to submit my documents, which is what I expected, to be honest. Again, I went straight to entrance 3, told the person there that I was renewing and was given a talon straight away.

I only waited 20 minutes before I was seen and the inspector was very friendly and helpful. She rewrote parts of my application, despite the fact that I had followed the instructions on the МВД site, but I decided not to argue. She told me that the only documents I need to submit are:

1. A notarized copy of my passport - I did the same as last time and just had the photo/info page translated. She was not sure about this and consulted with a colleague, but then said this was OK. She asked whether I had a copy of the PRP stamp in my passport (I didn't), but then said this wasn't necessary.
    2. A copy of the info page of my PRP plus my registration.
    3. A copy of the language test certificate (I did this recently as it didn't exist when I got my PRP in 2014).
    4. A copy of my annual "registration".
    5. A receipt to show I'd paid the fee.

She asked me whether the figure I gave was my average monthly income and I said yes and started getting my bank справка for 2018 and my tax return for 2017 out of my folder (I work through my own ИП). She said that I don't need to provide proof of income and didn't even look at my documents. This was something of a surprise. I'm going to take them with me next time in any case.

There were two problems with my documents.

1. They checked my annual "registration" and it's not in the database. I have to now go back to my local МВД/multifunctional centre to get them to input it.
    2. I had paid the wrong part of МВД (I paid at the Sberbank machine and it prompted me to enter the region where I live, whereas you have to pay the migration centre). You can pay there (and apparently I can get them to refund the fee I paid incorrectly), but I'll go to Sberbank in town as I had to come home in any case. Just in case you can't find them, here are the details. They are the same whether you are applying for or prolonging PRP and the fee is the same (3,500 roubles):

Получатель: УФК по г. Москве (ГУ МВД России по г. Москве л/сч 04731399310)
    ИНН получателя: 770789101
    Номер счета получателя: 40101810045250010041
    Банк: ГУ Банка России по ЦФО
    БИК: 044525000
    КБК: 18810806000010013110
    ОКТМО: 45382000
    КПП: 770701001
    Государственная пошлина за выдачу или продления сроков действия вида на жительство иностранному гражданину или лицу без гражданства

Someone wrote on another thread that the inspector inputs information into the computer on your application and she certainly appeared to be doing this in my case. I'm hoping this might mean I will submit my documents on my next visit!

Do note they will only issue one talon per person per day. At the point when I thought the only problem was with my form I asked whether I could handwrite another (I took some blank forms with me, but she also had some behind the desk). The inspector was slightly skeptical that I could write clearly and quickly (I really can!) and said we only had ten minutes to do it. I suggested I could get another talon and re-join the queue, but she told me they only issue one talon per person per day and suggested I come back tomorrow. I think that's not going to happen as I doubt I can persuade the policeman to input my "registration" from April into the database in front of me. Let's see. I'll keep you posted.

In general, my impressions are positive. I have a car, and driving myself there and back wasn't at all unpleasant and took about 90 minutes each way. The centre is clean, air-conditioned, and there are toilets and places to sit. When I was applying for PRP five years ago at Polyanka (and for TRP the year before) I stood for hours (several times) in a queue managed by local shysters and there were a maximum of two inspectors on duty (and often only one). That was way more stressful, even though the journey there only took 20 minutes.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

Judge (28-08-2018), xp@ (28-08-2018)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Thanks RooRu , very informative, hopefully one day a mistake or two will be corrected right there and docs will be accepted in one go, like you said, there's been a big improvement from past adventures.
    What could be done in the future is to have bots go through the docs, all sent through online and checked by AI, all that's needed for this is to have someone like Herman Gref in charge of migration for a few years, he's done a great job at Sberbank.

RooRu, this is really very thorough & helpful. I'll pass it on to my friend whose PRP extension is coming up.

One hint, when I had applications turned down, the inspectors wrote corrections on the application. Take that doc with you, showing the corrections, when you apply again. This can come in handy if a second inspector contradicts the corrections made by the first one.

I managed to submit my documents today! I went to my local multifunctional centre yesterday, explained the problem to the МВД person there and he asked a colleague to input it straight away, which she did in my presence. I then called in to Sberbank and paid the fee (again, with the right payment details this time) and drove out to Sakharovo this morning. I was seen within two minutes of getting my talon. A different person checked the database, had a cursory look at my form based on the translation of my catalogue, got all my documents together, including the originals and asked me to wait until my number was called again. This process took 5 minutes, After 10 minutes I was called to a different desk where an inspector in police uniform gave me my form to sign, returned my documents and also gave me a spravka with a note of the date I submitted the application. She told me to come back in 2 months (to the entrance for receipt of documents rather than submission) and that there was no point phoning to try to find out whether the extension had been issued, I just need to show up and ask. I got my talon at 09:10 and was finished by 09:40. All very efficient.

Two things to note from today's experience:

1. They require a copy of the PRP stamp in your passport. I didn't have it (was told yesterday it wasn't necessary), but the inspector made one herself. They seem to think it should be part of the notarized translation of my passport. I'm not sure how that works as there's nothing to translate, but if you're going to do a translation ask the translator whether they can add that page. If not, take a copy with you.
    2. They took the original of my test certificate and returned me the copy. Amazingly, they didn't then reject my application for the fact that it has "copy of the test certificate" written in the list of documents (they would have definitely have done this at Polyanka, where I had my form rejected 3 times, despite the fact that I'm a fluent Russian speaker and my husband is a native speaker).

xt-tsi, I took the marked up document with me but didn't even need to show it! Hope your friend's renewal application goes OK. I found it pretty painless overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    What could be done in the future is to have bots go through the docs, all sent through online and checked by AI, all that's needed for this is to have someone like Herman Gref in charge of migration for a few years, he's done a great job at Sberbank.
    It may well be going in that direction, I think. Fingers crossed.

I went to pick up my renewed PRP yesterday. Despite the inspector who accepted my docs in August telling me that I couldn't check before traveling whether it as ready, you can actually check on the MVD site - https://гувм.мвд.рф/services/residence - by inputting your region, date of birth and passport number. I finally twigged that this was possible a couple of days ago. In fact my renewal was approved on 24 September, less than a month after I submitted my documents. Not that I'm suggesting you leave it too late to renew. They won't accept renewal docs if there are less than two months to your PRP expiring. I applied 5 months before mine was due to expire and they have renewed from the date of original expiry, so there's no disadvantage to applying a bit earlier.

I decided to use public transport rather than driving. The bus now goes from Lesoparkovaya metro, not Annino. I stood there and back as there was a scrum to get on and no chance of getting a seat. The bus journey took 80 minutes there (I set off at 11:30 and we had to pick up passengers from the previous bus which had broken down en route) and an hour back (the bus left at 16:45). A ticket costs 55 roubles and you can pay with Troika. There were lots of drivers at Lesoparkovaya suggesting shared taxis for 200 roubles per person. I decided not to risk it, based on previous posts here about speeding drivers, but quite a few people took them up on it. If you want to get a taxi from Sakharovo you have to walk out of the complex to find them, but I could see from the bus stop (which is inside) that there were drivers there offering places in shared cars.

I went to entrance 6, which is for everyone receiving TRP and PRP. I got a talon at 13:00 and was called over within 5 minutes. The person located my file and asked for my passport and PRP then told me to wait until my number was called again. There were 60 or so numbers in front of mine and I waited until 16:20. Just as well I took a book! There are coffee and snack machines which take change and 50 and 100 rouble notes, so I didn't starve. The inspector stamped my passport (my PRP had already been stamped by someone else) and gave me a letter to hand to the local police when I renew my registration. She said I can either do that within 7 days or when my previous registration expires early next year. I think I'll do it next week to get it out of the way.

I have to renew my passport next summer, so will have to go to Sakharovo to have the stamp transferred. I asked about this and the inspector said that I need to come to entrance 6, fill in a form and hand over my new passport with a notarised translation and my PRP. Based on yesterday's experience I think I'll drive and will definitely plan to be there several hours.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (08-11-2018), Judge (08-11-2018), Max1982 (Today), xp@ (08-11-2018), xt-tsi (09-11-2018)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Very informative, so all was done in a few months, no sweating thinking your PRP expiring.

I have to renew my passport next summer, so will have to go to Sakharovo to have the stamp transferred. I asked about this and the inspector said that I need to come to entrance 6, fill in a form and hand over my new passport with a notarised translation and my PRP. Based on yesterday's experience I think I'll drive and will definitely plan to be there several hours.[/QUOTE]

transferrign the stamp from the - old- to the -new- passport is no big thing. I have done it this spring. at the info desk, you get an application form. a few words, letters and numbers to be filled in BY HAND. Make sure you write clear and readable and orthogafically correct. ( Dates...).took me about 2 hours to do everything.nothing to pay, no fees.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by RooRu View Post
    I have to renew my passport next summer, so will have to go to Sakharovo to have the stamp transferred. I asked about this and the inspector said that I need to come to entrance 6, fill in a form and hand over my new passport with a notarised translation and my PRP.
    So they will give you a 5-year PRP even if your passport expires in less than 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    So they will give you a 5-year PRP even if your passport expires in less than 5 years?

for your PRP you get the extra new - passport-. and from there it can be extended I think, 8 times, that is for 40 years. The stamp in your passport is more or less for the passport or border control. for airlines to check why you do not need a visa anymore for coming and going to Russia.

and, yes, they do. (I had it that way) because renewing a passport is no atomic science, at least at my consulate, and getting the stamp then transferred is fairly easy as well. (though when traveling out of the country, i always take the old passport with me. full with stamps and visas and what have you. a new empiy passport with only one stamp, takes akways question to answer them. so, I show them the old passport, that all is legit, and off i go. A VERY nice sound the -clunk- of the stamp into my passport at customs control.) At the same time i also give them my PRP -passport-. ONE stamp can be faked easier then a whole passport is their argument. so be it. does not wonder me anymore, KNOWING what can be faked here or there but everywhere.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

xp@ (10-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    Yes, my PRP document is marked with an expiry date beyond the expiry date of my passport.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

xp@ (10-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RooRu View Post
    Yes, my PRP document is marked with an expiry date beyond the expiry date of my passport.
    Thanks, RooRu! I was wondering whether the term of my PRP, when renewed, would be limited by the time left on my passport, which expires in less than 5 years. With visas, the time left on a passport was always a limiting factor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123