littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Residence Permit Renewal

Residence Permit Renewal

Does anyone know by when the application has to be accepted? I remember with TRP the latest is 6 months before it runs out.

Also, I will need to renew my passport in the next year or two. If I pass the history/language/law exam and change my passport later (meaning I get a new number), will that certificate be invalid?

Thanks!

The application to renew your permanent residency has to be submitted no less than 60 days before it expires. I would go out to Sakharovo well in advance to of the two month deadline to submit the application, at least six months in advance, if not more. If you are late, you will not be able to renew.

There are different tests for temporary residency, permanent residency and citizenship.
    What does the test have to do with renewing your passport?

Quote Originally Posted by silentNight View Post
    Does anyone know by when the application has to be accepted? I remember with TRP the latest is 6 months before it runs out.

Also, I will need to renew my passport in the next year or two. If I pass the history/language/law exam and change my passport later (meaning I get a new number), will that certificate be invalid?

Thanks!
    when you get a new passport, you also have to schlepp out to Sakharov. Same place where you receive your other docs. you just tell the -consultant- who sits behind his little desk that you got a new passport and want to bring over your documents.that is the PRP stamp. you fill in a from that you get there. by hand. all in Russian language. not to many words. but write it clearly or it will be rejected. make sure you got all the dates written the Russian way. than you get your slip with the number on and wait. but for renewing things there are two windows and it goes very fast. it took me only half a day to get my stamp in my new passpoert. nothing to pay by the way. ( that was about 6 month ago when i did the procedure. lets hope it still is this way). getting a new passport only the PRP stamp will be brought over. all other documents, paperst, tests, whatever will stay valid with the old passport number on it. does not affect anything.

i do not know what procedures you have to do that at your consulate. i just went there ( Austria), we get a new passport at the consulate. and they do not invalidate until i return with the new stamp. then she punched 2 holes into it and wrote somethign into her computer.. the old passport i got back. like i have all my other old invalid passports.
    a few words of advise maybe. when travelling, just take your old,invalid passport with you as well. customs and passport control look vary at new passports with only one stamp in it. never mind that they could see that it is a new passport. you also know to take the PRP- passport- with you when travelling. passport control likes to look at that as well,- one stamp can be faked easyly enough. the whoile booklet not- was the answer when i asked him why.
    good luck to you!
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (16-06-2018), nicklcool (17-06-2018), silentNight (16-06-2018)

I have a position at a primary school and can't take off work or go out during the week. I'll have to do it on the weekends if they work then. My PRP runs out in 2019. So, the law says 60 days, but your advice is 6 months. Is that right?

As far as the certificate goes, I've read in Russian that your passport number is printed on the certificate. My plan was to take the exam under an old passport and get that part done in advance. I'm just curious if that will baulk the FMS officials as the process is always inflexible and often unreasonable.

Thank you, gentlemen.

The certificate is good for 3 years, right?

The certificate is good for 3 years, right?
    I was informed that it was 5 years.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Judge (17-06-2018)

The certificate is good for 5 years. I just checked mine and it doesn't have my passport number on it. Just full name. Maybe the passport number is somehow linked to the registration number, but it's not on the certificate. Doesn't seem like it should be an issue. You could also try asking the testing centers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JonLDS For This Useful Post:

Judge (17-06-2018)

I have a position at a primary school and can't take off work or go out during the week. I'll have to do it on the weekends if they work then. My PRP runs out in 2019. So, the law says 60 days, but your advice is 6 months. Is that right?

As far as the certificate goes, I've read in Russian that your passport number is printed on the certificate. My plan was to take the exam under an old passport and get that part done in advance. I'm just curious if that will baulk the FMS officials as the process is always inflexible and often unreasonable.

Thank you, gentlemen.
    Sacharovo works 7 days a week. BUT make sure that also PRP is working Saturday and Sunday. There are certain holidays or sometimes for no particular UNDERSTANDABLE reason, Med check, language tests and Patent are working ( more money to be made...) but TRP and PRP are not. yo ufind NO info on the internet, they do NOT answer the phone. earleist you will know whe nsecurity asks at the PPK what yo uwant inside. And when PRP is not working, the security guard will tell you. happened to me, for no apprent reason, and no reason as such was given. i was just told that PRP is not workign for 4 days that was a weekend and Mo,Tu.....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (18-06-2018), silentNight (17-06-2018)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by JonLDS View Post
    The certificate is good for 5 years. I just checked mine and it doesn't have my passport number on it. Just full name. Maybe the passport number is somehow linked to the registration number, but it's not on the certificate. Doesn't seem like it should be an issue. You could also try asking the testing centers.
    I thought it was good for two years, 5 is much better, btw, did you get to keep the certif when applying or hand it in(, they took mine off me...If it's good for 5 years then I could use the same one again.

It is indeed 5 years. Turns out the passport info is saved in their database on their side. I'm going to take the exam this summer just in case I fail. Because I have a lot less flexibility this year, I'll apply to renew my permit in Q1 in 2019. I can't see why they would have any grounds to reject me next year. I have all my bases covered it seems.

Have you guys renewed your PRP before? How far in advance did you do it? Was it difficult to get your employer to let you take some time off work?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I thought it was good for two years, 5 is much better, btw, did you get to keep the certif when applying or hand it in(, they took mine off me...If it's good for 5 years then I could use the same one again.
    Maybe you can get a replacement at RUDN or Pushkin (where ever you went to pick it up)?

Thank you, gentlemen.
    I believe the earliest you can submit the application for PRP extension is 6 months before expiry. An application needs to be made in advance at Sakharovo to set up a time and day to submit your documents. The last time I was at Sakharovo, these appointment dates were being assigned a month or so in advance. If I were you, I would go to Sakharovo 7 months or so before your PRP expires, get the appointment date a month or so later. Then submit. If something goes wrong, you will have time to resubmit. Don't wait to go to Sakharovo until 70 days before your PRP expiry. A friend of mine did that and was unable to submit his application in time. He lost his PRP and had to start all over with a tourist visa and then apply for a TRP.

I haven't been to Sakharovo for about a year and a half. If others reading this know any recent news, I hope they can comment and confirm, or correct, my comments.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (17-06-2018), silentNight (17-06-2018)

I haven't been to Sakharovo for about a year and a half. If others reading this know any recent news, I hope they can comment and confirm, or correct, my comments.[/QUOTE]

your advice is a good one indeed. from TRP to PRP it took time.

I also thought to go on a Sunday. -they are not working PRP today. only meds, language and Patent-. off I went..
    on another occasion I went.- they do not work for 4 days-. no reason was given. off I went.
    one day I was in until closing time. I was the last one, though I will slip in. hurrah, my number was still called up.- sorry, we had no time to check all the papers. come back tomorrow-. Behind me, some 30 people were told the same. quite a few NOT from Moscow. did mean a schlepp back home. or one more night at the hotel. one way to generate money...
    another time I was rejected for a typo. wrote the date, not the Russian way. did not know that their computer could not read -open office-. Only the oldest Window -stone age-. off home, I went again.
    another time the inspector did not like my Russian translations at all. never mind it was done with the help of a Russian. at the computer desk were so many people, off home I went again.
    Please note - this did not happen all at once, but over the years i -know- Sakharov.
    By the way, for a -talon- you also can apply via their Internet site. you get something 3 months ahead. and god help you if you are not there on that day and time. your place is gone. and you have to apply again.
    better go out TO EARLY and be told that you should come back at a later date. but go out there yourself. And make sure you remember the date, time and NAME OF THE INSPECTOR. it does help if something is not the way it is supposed to be.
    Talk IS around that certain procedures will go back to the districts. I hope it is TRP and PRP. And prolonging. and hopefully, it will be at -my Dokumente- center. One can dream, can't

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Max1982 (20-06-2018)

Good tip. Great to know it's possible to apply on line for a time and date to submit docs.

Arriving early is also great advice. When I applied at Sakharovo, I arrived well before the time provided for the appointment. Once I was given 1530 hours as the time to apply. I arrived at 10 am, got the "talon" and siubmitted the application before noon.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I don't know of anything you'd need it for except TRP or PRP. The citizenship test is different. There's only Russian language on it. The only difference between the TRP test and the PRP test is that on PRP you have an extra five questions for each the law and the history sections that aren't multiple choice. You have to write in one or two words.

I just applied for TRP and luckily I found out in advance that I can just take the PRP test right away and use it for TRP and PRP (since I plan to do PRP ASAP). I went and took the PRP exam and passed it, then I got a notarized copy of it, so that they would leave me the original for PRP. To finally answer your question, no they didn't take the original, but I don't know if that's because I tried to give them a copy. I was very surprised when the inspector also returned my copy. I asked why and he said they couldn't accept notarized copies, but that he had made a copy and stamped it himself. Strange, since I read many people's stories about doing the same thing and nobody wrote about that.

Another thing to keep in mind is that to reprint your certificate is cheaper than taking the exam. I did mine through МГУ and they told me that I can just order another copy (the results are saved in their database) for 1500 rub.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JonLDS For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (19-06-2018)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast