English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018 Russia!

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Will they be serving alcohol in Doha?

Yes, beer in special zones. FIFA said beer was a must have. No beer, no World Cup.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (12-07-2018)

I guess the UK government doesn't have to worry about should they come to Russia or not now. Boy that's a relief!

I don't know about you but the World Cup just got a whole lot better as far I'm concerned.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I guess the UK government doesn't have to worry about should they come to Russia or not now. Boy that's a relief!

I don't know about you but the World Cup just got a whole lot better as far I'm concerned.
    why did it get a whole lot better

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    why did it get a whole lot better

England lost.

The only thing that could make it even better would be for England to lose again on Saturday.

Amazing to think that previously war torn Croatia which only has a population of 4 million has made it into the WC Final!

Of that 4 million population, does anybody know how many are adult males of football playing age?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

natlee (12-07-2018), Uncle Wally (12-07-2018)

Amazing to think that previously war torn Croatia which only has a population of 4 million has made it into the WC Final!

Of that 4 million population, does anybody know how many are adult males of football playing age?
    The republic of Yugoslavia was regularly a high achiever in international football. Croatia, Serbia and the rest have a strong footballing tradition

10. The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (12-07-2018)

They played with a lot of heart. Never gave up. It would have helped England too if they got a shot on net.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    Judge from what I can gather you are a Liverpool fan

Well the last European cup final between Liverpool and Real Madrid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_U...s_League_Final

You are ignoring facts that European fans do not want to travel. Real many thousands, Liverpool many thousands

Lets look at Chelsea -Man U - Chelsea....we took 50 k to Moscow, without visa restrictions we will come.
    You're switching from international to club football, big difference.That CL final was Chelsea's first ever, and no way did Chelsea take 50000 to Moscow, I don't think it was even 50000 from both clubs.

Dont be deluded by the hooligan element, in the UK over 2 k people have had their passports taken off of them, this also happened in the last Euros, the ICF, Bushwackers, Headhunters cannot travel, these are just London firms. when we get into the provinces, we have the LTE, the 657, the SMHS etc...lets see your boys in the uk, I am sure that they will cry that they cannot get visa etc, the Bushwackers, ICF will do them

Remind me of how many Russian fans ever come to England.

See your firms in the UK if they dare to come, then our top firms will take them out
    Seems like you're still stuck in the 80s

Is that one of the reasons you show resentment towards Russia, cos the Russian hooligans got one over their English counterparts in France?

Chelsea....we took 50 k to Moscow
    Are you Chelsea, if so, then you should be very very grateful to Russia, it's Russian money that's given your club its most resent success.

Come to think of it, not one of Europe's top hooligan firms tried anything in Russia, I wonder why?

They played with a lot of heart. Never gave up. It would have helped England too if they got a shot on net.
    That's true, not many shots at all, and the one we had came to nothing, Kane should have had better service,instead he was going back from the ball, that's mainly down to how Croatia played, very well done to them, well deserved...

All in all, Croatia has played 3 extra times, that's like a full match 90mins, they will be tired, but like they showed yesterday, in the first half they reserved their energy and came strong later in the 2nd half.
    France will fancy their chances, but Croatia have got some world class players too,who play for top Europan teams, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juventus,Inter Milan and Barcelona, these guys know what it takes to win cups.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (12-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Come to think of it, not one of Europe's top hooligan firms tried anything in Russia, I wonder why?
    Well, because of great respect to us, nice, cheerful and polite people?
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Judge (12-07-2018), natlee (12-07-2018), TolkoRaz (12-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Well, because of great respect to us, nice, cheerful and polite people?
    Must be that, or they were too scared of spendng a night or two in Putin's prisons.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

natlee (12-07-2018)

That's true, not many shots at all, and the one we had came to nothing, Kane should have had better service,instead he was going back from the ball, that's mainly down to how Croatia played, very well done to them, well deserved...

All in all, Croatia has played 3 extra times, that's like a full match 90mins, they will be tired, but like they showed yesterday, in the first half they reserved their energy and came strong later in the 2nd half.
    France will fancy their chances, but Croatia have got some world class players too,who play for top Europan teams, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juventus,Inter Milan and Barcelona, these guys know what it takes to win cups.

Yeah, the first and second half was like night & day.

Must be that, or they were too scared of spendng a night or two in Putin's prisons.

I saw on Instagram Croatia put out a big sign in the center of Moscow that said Thank You Russia, in Russian.

Gee you'd think they just won the final or something.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

natlee (12-07-2018)