English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 321

Thread: World Cup 2018 Russia!

  1. #286
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,108
    Thanked: 3381
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Will they be serving alcohol in Doha?



    Yes, beer in special zones. FIFA said beer was a must have. No beer, no World Cup.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

    TolkoRaz (12-07-2018)

  3. #287
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,108
    Thanked: 3381
    I guess the UK government doesn't have to worry about should they come to Russia or not now. Boy that's a relief!

    I don't know about you but the World Cup just got a whole lot better as far I'm concerned.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  4. #288
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back from Holiday
    Posts
    4,120
    Thanked: 201
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I guess the UK government doesn't have to worry about should they come to Russia or not now. Boy that's a relief!

    I don't know about you but the World Cup just got a whole lot better as far I'm concerned.
    why did it get a whole lot better

  5. #289
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,108
    Thanked: 3381
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    why did it get a whole lot better


    England lost.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  6. #290
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,108
    Thanked: 3381
    The only thing that could make it even better would be for England to lose again on Saturday.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  7. #291
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    18,516
    Thanked: 5395
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I guess the UK government doesn't have to worry about should they come to Russia or not now. Boy that's a relief!

    I don't know about you but the World Cup just got a whole lot better as far I'm concerned.
    Amazing to think that previously war torn Croatia which only has a population of 4 million has made it into the WC Final!

    Of that 4 million population, does anybody know how many are adult males of football playing age?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

    natlee (12-07-2018), Uncle Wally (12-07-2018)

  9. #292
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    you've guessed it!
    Posts
    3,752
    Thanked: 1385
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Amazing to think that previously war torn Croatia which only has a population of 4 million has made it into the WC Final!

    Of that 4 million population, does anybody know how many are adult males of football playing age?
    The republic of Yugoslavia was regularly a high achiever in international football. Croatia, Serbia and the rest have a strong footballing tradition

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (12-07-2018)

  11. #293
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,108
    Thanked: 3381
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Amazing to think that previously war torn Croatia which only has a population of 4 million has made it into the WC Final!

    Of that 4 million population, does anybody know how many are adult males of football playing age?



    They played with a lot of heart. Never gave up. It would have helped England too if they got a shot on net.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  12. #294
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,354
    Thanked: 3422
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    Judge from what I can gather you are a Liverpool fan

    Well the last European cup final between Liverpool and Real Madrid

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_U...s_League_Final

    You are ignoring facts that European fans do not want to travel. Real many thousands, Liverpool many thousands


    Lets look at Chelsea -Man U - Chelsea....we took 50 k to Moscow, without visa restrictions we will come.
    You're switching from international to club football, big difference.That CL final was Chelsea's first ever, and no way did Chelsea take 50000 to Moscow, I don't think it was even 50000 from both clubs.



    Dont be deluded by the hooligan element, in the UK over 2 k people have had their passports taken off of them, this also happened in the last Euros, the ICF, Bushwackers, Headhunters cannot travel, these are just London firms. when we get into the provinces, we have the LTE, the 657, the SMHS etc...lets see your boys in the uk, I am sure that they will cry that they cannot get visa etc, the Bushwackers, ICF will do them

    Remind me of how many Russian fans ever come to England.

    See your firms in the UK if they dare to come, then our top firms will take them out
    Seems like you're still stuck in the 80s


    Is that one of the reasons you show resentment towards Russia, cos the Russian hooligans got one over their English counterparts in France?

    Chelsea....we took 50 k to Moscow
    Are you Chelsea, if so, then you should be very very grateful to Russia, it's Russian money that's given your club its most resent success.

    Come to think of it, not one of Europe's top hooligan firms tried anything in Russia, I wonder why?

  13. #295
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,354
    Thanked: 3422
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    They played with a lot of heart. Never gave up. It would have helped England too if they got a shot on net.
    That's true, not many shots at all, and the one we had came to nothing, Kane should have had better service,instead he was going back from the ball, that's mainly down to how Croatia played, very well done to them, well deserved...

    All in all, Croatia has played 3 extra times, that's like a full match 90mins, they will be tired, but like they showed yesterday, in the first half they reserved their energy and came strong later in the 2nd half.
    France will fancy their chances, but Croatia have got some world class players too,who play for top Europan teams, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juventus,Inter Milan and Barcelona, these guys know what it takes to win cups.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (12-07-2018)

  15. #296
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    TPE
    Posts
    20,982
    Thanked: 2739
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Come to think of it, not one of Europe's top hooligan firms tried anything in Russia, I wonder why?
    Well, because of great respect to us, nice, cheerful and polite people?
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

    Judge (12-07-2018), natlee (12-07-2018), TolkoRaz (12-07-2018)

  17. #297
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,354
    Thanked: 3422
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Well, because of great respect to us, nice, cheerful and polite people?
    Must be that, or they were too scared of spendng a night or two in Putin's prisons.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

    natlee (12-07-2018)

  19. #298
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,108
    Thanked: 3381
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    That's true, not many shots at all, and the one we had came to nothing, Kane should have had better service,instead he was going back from the ball, that's mainly down to how Croatia played, very well done to them, well deserved...

    All in all, Croatia has played 3 extra times, that's like a full match 90mins, they will be tired, but like they showed yesterday, in the first half they reserved their energy and came strong later in the 2nd half.
    France will fancy their chances, but Croatia have got some world class players too,who play for top Europan teams, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juventus,Inter Milan and Barcelona, these guys know what it takes to win cups.


    Yeah, the first and second half was like night & day.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  20. #299
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,108
    Thanked: 3381
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Must be that, or they were too scared of spendng a night or two in Putin's prisons.


    I saw on Instagram Croatia put out a big sign in the center of Moscow that said Thank You Russia, in Russian.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  21. #300
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,108
    Thanked: 3381



    Gee you'd think they just won the final or something.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

    natlee (12-07-2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •