English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: -Football- Tsarskaya Vodka, must be plonk indeed

-Football- Tsarskaya Vodka, must be plonk indeed

and Pjotr Veliki would be turning in his grave if he knew for what his face is being misused.
    the stuff must be crap indeed, made special for - foreigners- as rip off?
    I have never experienced at a party, at a grillfest, when doing Shahslik that VODKA was left over. after all in Russia, there is no BAD Vodka, just not enough of it. But here the bottle was left over. and not because -everyone- was filled up and under the table.
    I do not know who made it, the writing is so small not even with a loupe it is readable. Suppose one will find the producer on the internet.

But I know what I will not buy as present to friends that come from Austria to the games here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    and Pjotr Veliki would be turning in his grave if he knew for what his face is being misused.
    the stuff must be crap indeed, made special for - foreigners- as rip off?
    I have never experienced at a party, at a grillfest, when doing Shahslik that VODKA was left over. after all in Russia, there is no BAD Vodka, just not enough of it. But here the bottle was left over. and not because -everyone- was filled up and under the table.
    I do not know who made it, the writing is so small not even with a loupe it is readable. Suppose one will find the producer on the internet.

But I know what I will not buy as present to friends that come from Austria to the games here.

No Ben you are wrong. It's a good vodka. Have you tried it? I like it better than Russian Standard. They had a sale on this vodka for New Year, a one liter bottle for 600 rubles. Normal price is around 475 for a half liter. I drank 5 of them in 12 days! Oh and one bottle of cognac. No ill effects, no bad hangover like with cheaper vodka.

It's made in St. Pete and they also have a gold version.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (07-06-2018)

It's made in St. Pete and they also have a gold version.[/QUOTE]

then i must give it a try. because normally i drink beer, Southern Comfort and Ginger Ale or Brandy Coke....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (07-06-2018)

It's made in St. Pete and they also have a gold version.

then i must give it a try. because normally i drink beer, Southern Comfort and Ginger Ale or Brandy Coke....[/QUOTE]

Beer? Yes I know you Austrians like beer but in Russia? Even my Russian friends wouldn't drink any beer made in Russia. They say it's something in the water. There is one exception. When my wife and I were in St. Pete two years ago we happened on a German beer place that makes it's own beer. It said it was Peter himself that gave them permission to make beer in Russia. It was the best beer I ever had! I was never a big beer drinker or any kind of drink in my life but we stopped for one beer and ended up trying ever beer on the menu. I will look it up later, it was Fredricks and something I think. The food wasn't bad either, all German served by a wait staff in German dress. Very nice place and if I ever go bad to St. Pete I will definitely visit this place again.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

https://yandex.ru/images/search?text...213&source=wiz

it took me awhile to click. Wally, if you mean the Vodka in the link, this is indeed not bad stuff. but the football plonk is for promotion only. and you know, anything for promotion doubles the price, half the size and a quater of the taste...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (10-06-2018)

https://yandex.ru/images/search?text...213&source=wiz

it took me awhile to click. Wally, if you mean the Vodka in the link, this is indeed not bad stuff. but the football plonk is for promotion only. and you know, anything for promotion doubles the price, half the size and a quater of the taste...

Yes, that's the one. They seem to have a lot of sales on it. I will have to try the football one and let you know.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (10-06-2018)

BEER is also trying to get into the game...

http://afanasy-fond.ru/ and on the site it says if -when you buy this beer you will help, financially, with the construction of a church...
    so, we will help a lot?
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (19-06-2018)

Wally, I was at the -bottle store -. The original Tsar Vodka is 1100 rubles a bottle. +- a few kopeks. the -football Vodka- is 400 rubles cheaper. also a different -sort-. The first one is -superior-. the second one is -special edition-. THAT might explain the difference in taste?

Wally, I was at the -bottle store -. The original Tsar Vodka is 1100 rubles a bottle. +- a few kopeks. the -football Vodka- is 400 rubles cheaper. also a different -sort-. The first one is -superior-. the second one is -special edition-. THAT might explain the difference in taste?
    Right now every poor Russian is trying to make as much as they can. I don't blame them. Their government has been trying to. I won't finish. But you get my drift. We welcome you, but your government controlled media tires to lie and spread disinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Right now every poor Russian is trying to make as much as they can. I don't blame them. Their government has been trying to. I won't finish. But you get my drift. We welcome you, but your government controlled media tires to lie and spread disinformation.
    But not half as much as FIFA makes here. I do not know how much they get / cream off when a company puts their logo on something. but it must be a lot. because the price difference from a -normal- product- to one with a FIFA logo on is just enormous. I was at Auchan, they have tons of fan stuff there. but 400 rubles for a t shirt with a FIFA or WM Russia or the likes, I for sure will give it a miss. and I am sure a month after the games are over one can get the stuff for half price.
    it was the same in Vienna 10 years ago. when the world cup was divided between Austria and Switzerland. suppose they bought what was needed, like clappers and the likes. of course the fans and tourists paid what was asked for. after the games, i just happened to be in Vienna, tons of t shirts, caps, stickers and the likes were flogged in the -1 Euro- shops on Maria Hilfer Strasse and the -rag market- at the Naschmarkt for a few Euro.
    suppose after the games we will see a lot at the flea market in Ismailovo? Or on the 80% discount tables at Auchan...