Brookes School        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: How does this "24 hour" World Cup registration rule affect me?

How does this "24 hour" World Cup registration rule affect me?

I'm on the 6-month-at-a-time (tourist) visa for USA citizens, and I'll be doing a visa run after the World Cup. I use a hotel that can register me (I stay in an apartment) on a month to month basis, and will be re-registering there while this special World Cup rule is in place. I wonder if somehow this means that I had better get registered within one day of the old registration expiring , or that it only applies to folks that have entered Russia during this time, which as I had mentioned, would not apply to me.

I can see this rule turning into a giant clusterf@ck for a lot of folks.

Quote Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post
    I'm on the 6-month-at-a-time (tourist) visa for USA citizens, and I'll be doing a visa run after the World Cup. I use a hotel that can register me (I stay in an apartment) on a month to month basis, and will be re-registering there while this special World Cup rule is in place. I wonder if somehow this means that I had better get registered within one day of the old registration expiring , or that it only applies to folks that have entered Russia during this time, which as I had mentioned, would not apply to me.

I can see this rule turning into a giant clusterf@ck for a lot of folks.
    during the worldcup, everyone has to register in ONE day. I got PRP but happen to fall to renewew , getting the 5 year extension at Sacharovo. but that is not enough. one has to register the extension at the OBM ( that is what they are called now) withing one day. failing to do that, you get a -protokol, get fingerprinted and depending how - heavy- the inspector sees your -crime- an administrative fine between 5 and 8 thousand rubles.and definitely will spend the better part of the day there. you have to schlepp all the way to the Sberbank, use THEM ONLY! and bring back a copy with the original protokol and the slip that you have paid. and make a copy of that as well. the Inspektor will want to see it.he will keep the original and you keep the copy. AND MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT LOSE IT. for the first time, this will not affect your future dealings. after 3 times it can get hairy.....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    It was to be registered in 24hours, now it's been changed to within 3 days, which makes it easier for fans.

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...up-fans-051518

http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/bank/43036

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

cheriedeperth (02-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    It was to be registered in 24hours, now it's been changed to within 3 days, which makes it easier for fans.

looks like word has not gotten through the OBM in Strogino. the head honcho told me it is still 24 h, one working day.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    looks like word has not gotten through the OBM in Strogino. the head honcho told me it is still 24 h, one working day.
    Tell them to check their emails, this order came from the top last month.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (02-06-2018), Uncle Wally (02-06-2018)

Tell them to check their emails, this order came from the top last month.
    email, computer, SMS, these things are for -us-. not for them...

A blunt way of monitoring hooligans ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    A blunt way of monitoring hooligans ?
    It's the usual registration thingy, just have to do it in a shorter time.
    checking on hooligans, I'd say more with the Fan ID card.

It's the usual registration thingy, just have to do it in a shorter time.
    checking on hooligans, I'd say more with the Fan ID card.
    The fan ID is with stadiums, i am thinking more along the lines of what happens in the UK, known offenders have to submit their passports to teh police 2 weeks before the tournament starts and get them back at the end of it.

So what if Russians had their passports taken away, put some other constraint on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    The fan ID is with stadiums, i am thinking more along the lines of what happens in the UK, known offenders have to submit their passports to teh police 2 weeks before the tournament starts and get them back at the end of it.

So what if Russians had their passports taken away, put some other constraint on.
    The ID is not just stadiums, it works as a visa, let's fans into Russia visa free, it's kinda the first line of security.

Many Russian hooligans have had stadium bans,the authorities have been cracking down .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (13-06-2018)

Many Russian hooligans have had stadium bans, the authorities have been cracking down.[/QUOTE]

good for them. and the harder, the better. open up the roads to Magadan for them.
    Spartak was just fined heavily for hooliganism of their -supporters-. somewhere there must be still a link to the article floating around. I believe it is something like 50 000 Euro. No peanuts.

[/QUOTE] good for them. and the harder, the better. open up the roads to Magadan for them.
    Spartak was just fined heavily for hooliganism of their -supporters-. somewhere there must be still a link to the article floating around. I believe it is something like 50 000 Euro. No peanuts.[/QUOTE]

50k may just about pay the highest paid player for a day