Brookes School        British Lyceum in Moscow
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Where to get vaccines for adults

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    3
    Thanked: 0

    Where to get vaccines for adults

    My fiancé is coming to the US and does not have records of his vaccinations. Does anyone have any recommendations for clinics? He has called several and he is having trouble!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    11,873
    Thanked: 3318
    European Medical center?
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kyiv
    Posts
    311
    Thanked: 174
    You can just buy a spravka with all the necessary vaccinations online and have them bring it to the nearest subway station near you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Moscow/Russia
    Posts
    18,455
    Thanked: 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by jlouise74132 View Post
    My fiancé is coming to the US and does not have records of his vaccinations. Does anyone have any recommendations for clinics? He has called several and he is having trouble!
    he should go to Skliv and there he gets what he needs LEGAL, correct and as it is needed.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 1
    Is there a free vaccine for adults in Russia?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    TPE
    Posts
    20,958
    Thanked: 2707
    Quote Originally Posted by khouji View Post
    Is there a free vaccine for adults in Russia?
    Which disease?
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Which disease?
    In Pneumonia, Russia is a very cold country so I guess the probability of acquiring a pneumonia is very high.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kyiv
    Posts
    311
    Thanked: 174
    Quote Originally Posted by khouji View Post
    In Pneumonia, Russia is a very cold country so I guess the probability of acquiring a pneumonia is very high.
    The vaccine we use for this in my village is called фуфайка, see if you can find one.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    TPE
    Posts
    20,958
    Thanked: 2707
    Quote Originally Posted by khouji View Post
    In Pneumonia
    No. Not vaccineable disease.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (12-07-2018)

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    314
    Thanked: 116
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    No. Not vaccineable disease.
    "There are at the moment two vaccines which have been approved by the FDA and they are effective for the prevention of pneumococcal disease. The two vaccines are called Prevnar 13 and Pneumovax 23."

    http://www.salernomedical.com/recent...x-23-vaccines/

    Both sold in Moscow: Превенар 13 and Пневмовакс 23

    You can find them using www.medlux.ru

    The real question is how effective they are.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    TPE
    Posts
    20,958
    Thanked: 2707
    Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    "There are at the moment two vaccines which have been approved by the FDA and they are effective for the prevention of pneumococcal disease. The two vaccines are called Prevnar 13 and Pneumovax 23."

    http://www.salernomedical.com/recent...x-23-vaccines/

    Both sold in Moscow: Превенар 13 and Пневмовакс 23

    You can find them using www.medlux.ru

    The real question is how effective they are.
    Pneumonia, as same as schizophrenia - is not the dedicated disease, it's the group of varieties, with different etiology.

    Besides pneumococcus(es) pneumonia may be induced by other bacteria - streptococcus(es), staphylococcus(es), klebsiellas, also by fungi (Aspergillus, Candida, Blastomyces, Pneumocystis and some other sp.) and by viruses (cytomedalovirus, for example), plus mixed of above.

    So it's better to keep own immune system in a good condition, have a healthy balanced diet suitable for the certain season, don't overchill + overheat, and if ill, don't do self-curing, consult the good doctor.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    314
    Thanked: 116
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Pneumonia, as same as schizophrenia - is not the dedicated disease, it's the group of varieties, with different etiology.

    Besides pneumococcus(es) pneumonia may be induced by other bacteria - streptococcus(es), staphylococcus(es), klebsiellas, also by fungi (Aspergillus, Candida, Blastomyces, Pneumocystis and some other sp.) and by viruses (cytomedalovirus, for example), plus mixed of above.

    So it's better to keep own immune system in a good condition, have a healthy balanced diet suitable for the certain season, don't overchill + overheat, and if ill, don't do self-curing, consult the good doctor.
    You are right, Andy!

    After having been vaccinated with Pneumovax 23, I came down with an acute form of pneumonia and spent 10 days in the intensive-care ward of a hospital getting over it. Either the vaccine was ineffective, or what i had was some other form.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •