English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Smart phone growth has diminished the use of this forum .

Smart phone growth has diminished the use of this forum .

This forum used to be very vibrant with loads of participants .That is a thing of past now ,Now only admins and few stalwarts can be seen .What do you guys think ??

I don't think this is in any way related to smart phones. There's just an overall tendency of forums/bbs boards dying out, most people have moved on to modern social media and dismissed these older forums as obsolete.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tiancai For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (14-05-2018), nicklcool (01-08-2018), res (15-05-2018), Uncle Wally (29-05-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiancai View Post
    I don't think this is in any way related to smart phones. There's just an overall tendency of forums/bbs boards dying out, most people have moved on to modern social media and dismissed these older forums as obsolete.
    maybe or maybe not. FB and IN are more that I can keep in touch with people, friends (real ones) and acquaintances from all over the world. Expat is more for people who are here in Russia and stay in Russia. Vkontakte and adnoklassniki are more for russian speaking people and to be honest, not because of the language, that is no problem for me, have realy nothing much that would interest me there to sign on.
    FB is only interested in how many clicks and likes a post gets because that brings revenue. more Zuckerberg is not interested in.
    IN I log in seldom, wine tasting and sitting in restaurants is not my thing anymore. I have worked in these places all my life. i do not want to see all these -happy - people anymore. though this is NO reflection on IN.
    i like it here. it shows what is happening in Moscow and the rest of Russia. AND the rest of the ex CCCP. Many a thing was and is helpful. Think just of Sakharovo... Some posts or posters i like genuine to read and i am looking forward to their poast. does not mean i have to agree. After all we are grown up people. Have our own opinion. And that is most of the time respected.
    And as long as i am not personally attacke, on site or on PM, for what I am and what i believe, i will stay here. though i am sure admin has a good look at ALL our posts and keeps us in line, should we get wayward.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (14-05-2018), nicklcool (01-08-2018), rusmeister (02-08-2018), tasel (17-05-2018), Uncle Wally (29-05-2018)

Agree with @Benedikt buddy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Raymond Davis For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (28-05-2018)

Totally agree, And plus it’s a pity, since it’s such a great forum.

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Would have to guess it has to do with fewer expat YUPPIES (Young Urban Professionals) living in Russia, ever since the crisis halved the value of working here and the Western elite doubled the Russophia throughout the world. Surely Russia keeps stats on these things,the inflows and outflows of foreigner, issuances of visas, residencies, etc. Wonder how significant they've dropped since the early-to-mid 2000's??
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (02-08-2018)