English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: WiFi not working for phone, but working for everything else

WiFi not working for phone, but working for everything else

Hello,

Let me start off by explaining what's going on. I just got the update for the s5 from verizon 6 days ago (on the 7th). After I installed the update I noticed that my WiFi on my phone was running really slow. I immediately went to a speedtest and noticed that I was having all my regular speeds as well as ping - 15 ms ping, ~50 down ~7 up - but something that was strange to me was that before I could begin the test it said "Finding the best server..." I've seen this message before when I used to run a speed test, but never has it taken this long (takes at least a minute compared to <10 seconds before) and I can't seem to figure out why. I contacted customer support and he told me to either try the verizon repair tool or if that didn't work then to factory reset my phone. I factory reset my phone and I'm still having the same issues with the WiFi. I'm running stock 5.0. This is really getting annoying and it's causing me to use all of my data because the WiFi just won't load anything.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
    https://bit.ly/2Ho9DXN
    Bitcoin Payment Advertising

Thanks

I'll assume you're talking about a Samsung Galaxy S5.

We are at S9 now, I think it could be Samsung's way of telling you you need to buy a new phone.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I'll assume you're talking about a Samsung Galaxy S5.
    Bots can't talk, only write, by a task given...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

You may just need to factory reset the device one more time, also it is quite possible that within the phone there could be some sort of damage, if you can open it up or get someone who knows how to open a phone up and get to the antena band that WIFI uses, then maybe they could replace it with another one from a used Samsung Galaxy S5, if that doesn't work then... it may be worth putting it up for sale on a second hand website, see if anyone is looking to buy one in its condition, even if it is just to strip it for parts.