English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Passport lost

Passport lost

In my country, I'm entitled to have multiple passports simultaneously. The main reason was to enter some countries with one (e.g. Saudi Arabia or Lebanon) and some others with another (e.g. Israel). Each passport has a different expiration date and passport number.

Since I moved to Russia I've always had three passports.
    In Passport A I had three visas, totalizing 24 months of legal stay.
    At Passport B I never had a visa, but I kept entering as a tourist for periods of 40-50 days, never staying over 90 days.
    At Passport C I had just one visa, which I used to till the last day.

I had been counting on those days to apply, eventually, for the RVP, but I'm not married to anyone.
    Thing is: I've lost the Passport B. I've been over 2 months looking for it and I can't find it. As it run out of pages (so did Passport A), I was using it just for bank issues, but now is lost.

Is there any other proof I've spent here all of those days/years? They shall have my migration cards at least...
    I kept a record like this of all my entries and exits from the RF:
    20FEB17 Домодедово 278 Entry
    16MAR17 Домодедово 400 Exit
    17MAY17 Домодедово 522 Entry
    23MAY17 Шереметьево 1144 Exit
    01JUN17 Шереметьево 892 Entry
    18JUL17 Домодедово 658 Exit
    20JUL17 Раменское 3 Entry
    (the number next to the airfield is the stamp number)

Also, If you loose a passport, should you report it to the police? I'm not a big fan of the police here...

Are those days that I spent as a tourist valid to count the day I decide to apply for an RVP/Citizenship?

Oh man! Good luck on that one!
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

I forgot to mention. My car is registered (abroad) to the Passport B. In order to drive it, should I carry both the photocopy and translation of Passport B and Passport C, or I also need a police report of having lost Passport B?
    Should I do the documents again? That would be seriously time consuming and expensive...

All 3 passports from same country?

Depending on the country of the lost passport you may need to show a prof that you had reported it lost at the police, ask your embassy/consulate if you want to apply for a new passport.

Where is the connection between you cars papers and your specific passports? your name spelled differently or?

To have many passports is in the first more expensive that to have one, so the extra cost in time and money must had been in your reasons to choose to have that many passports.

All 3 passports from the same country, because there are only 32 pages passports, and I get about 6 stamps a month, so I fill a passport in about 18 months.
    Plus, applying for a new passport from the embassy here in Moscow is much more expensive and takes about 6 months, while doing it when I go to my home country (once a year) is faster and cheaper. So each time I visit my country, I get a new passport. I have already a Passport D, but I arrived late with the mail so i'll just use it next time I go home (at the end of 2018).
    Somehow, my country gives you an ID Number (8 digits number) that you keep for all your life, and a Passport number (ABC123456), that changes each time you renew your passport. Different formats. Russian authorities only care for the Passport Number, and it's the only one written on my car documents (which, again, the car is not from the country I'm from).

Get guidelines from your Embassy to avoid hassle later, specially if you’re planning to get RVP. Since you lost 2 passports so your Embassy should expediate new passport application/s.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoverLearn View Post
    Get guidelines from your Embassy to avoid hassle later, specially if you’re planning to get RVP. Since you lost 2 passports so your Embassy should expediate new passport application/s.
    I didn't lost two passports, only one. I went to the police this morning, but they sent me to the Центр госуслуг района Ломоносовский on Monday to see if the police can make a report on that. It is not their duty as I still have another passport. They were sort of surprised when I found out I have more than one passport. I'll check also on monday with those of the Embassy. I'll wont be in Moscow that day, so i'll do it on Tuesday.