English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: iPhone users beware.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,326
    Thanked: 3447

    iPhone users beware.





    The worse thing is Apple doesn't tell you if you replace the screen on your iPhone with a knock off screen your phone will be locked and unusable. I call it spiteful, some may call it greedy.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Moscow/Russia
    Posts
    18,965
    Thanked: 3923
    one more reason to keep my grandfather phone....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,535
    Thanked: 455
    If you want to show off with an Apple product, then you should also pay the full Apple repair bill, don't be a cheapy and use a non Apple authorised repair shops for Apple products.
    A part of the Apple deal is that you show off that you can afford the bill, the whole bill.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

    americaninmoscow (17-04-2018), FatAndy (17-04-2018), natlee (17-04-2018), Uncle Wally (17-04-2018)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,080
    Thanked: 2845
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    If you want to show off with an Apple product, then you should also pay the full Apple repair bill, don't be a cheapy and use a non Apple authorised repair shops for Apple products.
    A part of the Apple deal is that you show off that you can afford the bill, the whole bill.
    Apple isn't a product or a company. It's the way of life.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

    Hans.KK (17-04-2018), TolkoRaz (17-04-2018), Uncle Wally (17-04-2018)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    18,731
    Thanked: 5527
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Apple isn't a product or a company. It's the way of life.
    An Apple per day keeps the Androids away........................
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

    FatAndy (17-04-2018), Hans.KK (17-04-2018), Uncle Wally (17-04-2018)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,763
    Thanked: 1198
    Am proudly writing this from my Chinese Android phone which is A-awesome.
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (18-04-2018), FatAndy (17-04-2018), Uncle Wally (17-04-2018)

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,326
    Thanked: 3447
    Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Am proudly writing this from my Chinese Android phone which is A-awesome.



    Which brand? They are making some very nice phones the Huawei P20 Pro beats the iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S9
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,763
    Thanked: 1198
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Which brand? They are making some very nice phones the Huawei P20 Pro beats the iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S9
    Sadly, P20 Pro is too big for me, as much as I would've loved the perfect cam! I have the regular P20 - so far so good! #2 at the moment in DxOMark Mobile ranking with a score of 102 points! https://www.dxomark.com/huawei-p20-c...h-end-rounder/
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (18-04-2018)

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,326
    Thanked: 3447
    Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Sadly, P20 Pro is too big for me, as much as I would've loved the perfect cam! I have the regular P20 - so far so good! #2 at the moment in DxOMark Mobile ranking with a score of 102 points! https://www.dxomark.com/huawei-p20-c...h-end-rounder/



    Yeah, still a nice phone! 4GB RAM, 128 GB of storage, 24 mp selfie camera and a beautiful 5.8 inch screen! Half the price of Samsung S9 and looks beautiful. They were smart enough to let you get rid of "The Notch" too. I take it you got the pink pearl one?
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

    natlee (18-04-2018)

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Moscow/Russia
    Posts
    18,965
    Thanked: 3923
    [QUOTE=natlee;1478519]Sadly, P20 Pro is too big for me, as much as I would've loved the perfect cam! I have the regular P20 - so far so good! #2 at the moment in DxOMark Mobile ranking with a score of 102 points!

    reading through it and watching and comparing the photos, special the lady in red, i think a double price and with what have you bells and whistles, is indeed not worth it.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    natlee (18-04-2018)

  18. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,763
    Thanked: 1198
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Yeah, still a nice phone! 4GB RAM, 128 GB of storage, 24 mp selfie camera and a beautiful 5.8 inch screen! Half the price of Samsung S9 and looks beautiful. They were smart enough to let you get rid of "The Notch" too. I take it you got the pink pearl one?
    Agreed! Though it was a bit more than half the price of the S9 - but, it did come with the 20+ k Huawei Watch 2 Classic as a pressie! (for those of us among the first to order) Sadly, it's a (very nice!) men's watch so I sold it for half the price making the phone very affordable indeed for the specs!

    And no, I got the midnight blue color which is actually pretty stunning!

    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    reading through it and watching and comparing the photos, special the lady in red, i think a double price and with what have you bells and whistles, is indeed not worth it.
    The Pro model is only (?) 10k more but I just didn't want that big a phone - this one I can operate with one hand which is what I wanted. Cannot really comment on the quality of the cam yet - will have to wait till we're in France to properly try it out!
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (18-04-2018)

  20. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,326
    Thanked: 3447
    Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Agreed! Though it was a bit more than half the price of the S9 - but, it did come with the 20+ k Huawei Watch 2 Classic as a pressie! (for those of us among the first to order) Sadly, it's a (very nice!) men's watch so I sold it for half the price making the phone very affordable indeed for the specs!

    And no, I got the midnight blue color which is actually pretty stunning!

    The Pro model is only (?) 10k more but I just didn't want that big a phone - this one I can operate with one hand which is what I wanted. Cannot really comment on the quality of the cam yet - will have to wait till we're in France to properly try it out!



    Ah, the midnight blue. It fads from blue to purple, very nice in deed! Did you hide the notch? They bug me.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  21. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,763
    Thanked: 1198
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    It fads from blue to purple, very nice in deed!
    Think that's twilight - it's not available yet, but I like my midnight blue just fine! Here's mine in midnight blue vs P20 Pro in twilight.



    More images here: https://androidcommunity.com/huawei-...aphy-20180327/

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Did you hide the notch? They bug me.
    I did originally, but have now decided to try and live with it for a day or two, see how it feels!
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (18-04-2018)

  23. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,326
    Thanked: 3447
    Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Think that's twilight - it's not available yet, but I like my midnight blue just fine! Here's mine in midnight blue vs P20 Pro in twilight.



    More images here: https://androidcommunity.com/huawei-...aphy-20180327/

    I did originally, but have now decided to try and live with it for a day or two, see how it feels!


    Let's us know how the notch thing goes.

    Damn those are nice looking phones! I like how they put the logo on the side so when you use it as a camera it's facing up right and leaves the back more open.


    On a side note, blue seems to be this years color. I've been seeing it a lot since new year. I've been getting a lot of blue things too.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

    natlee (18-04-2018)

  25. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,535
    Thanked: 455
    Louis Rossmann had done an other Apple video for those that may be interested in this kind of stuff.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (27-04-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •