English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone users beware.

iPhone users beware.

The worse thing is Apple doesn't tell you if you replace the screen on your iPhone with a knock off screen your phone will be locked and unusable. I call it spiteful, some may call it greedy.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

one more reason to keep my grandfather phone....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

If you want to show off with an Apple product, then you should also pay the full Apple repair bill, don't be a cheapy and use a non Apple authorised repair shops for Apple products.
    A part of the Apple deal is that you show off that you can afford the bill, the whole bill.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (17-04-2018), FatAndy (17-04-2018), natlee (17-04-2018), Uncle Wally (17-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    If you want to show off with an Apple product, then you should also pay the full Apple repair bill, don't be a cheapy and use a non Apple authorised repair shops for Apple products.
    A part of the Apple deal is that you show off that you can afford the bill, the whole bill.
    Apple isn't a product or a company. It's the way of life.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (17-04-2018), TolkoRaz (17-04-2018), Uncle Wally (17-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Apple isn't a product or a company. It's the way of life.
    An Apple per day keeps the Androids away........................
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (17-04-2018), Hans.KK (17-04-2018), Uncle Wally (17-04-2018)

Am proudly writing this from my Chinese Android phone which is A-awesome.
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (18-04-2018), FatAndy (17-04-2018), Uncle Wally (17-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Am proudly writing this from my Chinese Android phone which is A-awesome.

Which brand? They are making some very nice phones the Huawei P20 Pro beats the iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S9
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Which brand? They are making some very nice phones the Huawei P20 Pro beats the iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S9
    Sadly, P20 Pro is too big for me, as much as I would've loved the perfect cam! I have the regular P20 - so far so good! #2 at the moment in DxOMark Mobile ranking with a score of 102 points! https://www.dxomark.com/huawei-p20-c...h-end-rounder/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (18-04-2018)

Sadly, P20 Pro is too big for me, as much as I would've loved the perfect cam! I have the regular P20 - so far so good! #2 at the moment in DxOMark Mobile ranking with a score of 102 points! https://www.dxomark.com/huawei-p20-c...h-end-rounder/

Yeah, still a nice phone! 4GB RAM, 128 GB of storage, 24 mp selfie camera and a beautiful 5.8 inch screen! Half the price of Samsung S9 and looks beautiful. They were smart enough to let you get rid of "The Notch" too. I take it you got the pink pearl one?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

natlee (18-04-2018)

[QUOTE=natlee;1478519]Sadly, P20 Pro is too big for me, as much as I would've loved the perfect cam! I have the regular P20 - so far so good! #2 at the moment in DxOMark Mobile ranking with a score of 102 points!

reading through it and watching and comparing the photos, special the lady in red, i think a double price and with what have you bells and whistles, is indeed not worth it.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

natlee (18-04-2018)

Yeah, still a nice phone! 4GB RAM, 128 GB of storage, 24 mp selfie camera and a beautiful 5.8 inch screen! Half the price of Samsung S9 and looks beautiful. They were smart enough to let you get rid of "The Notch" too. I take it you got the pink pearl one?
    Agreed! Though it was a bit more than half the price of the S9 - but, it did come with the 20+ k Huawei Watch 2 Classic as a pressie! (for those of us among the first to order) Sadly, it's a (very nice!) men's watch so I sold it for half the price making the phone very affordable indeed for the specs!

And no, I got the midnight blue color which is actually pretty stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    reading through it and watching and comparing the photos, special the lady in red, i think a double price and with what have you bells and whistles, is indeed not worth it.
    The Pro model is only (?) 10k more but I just didn't want that big a phone - this one I can operate with one hand which is what I wanted. Cannot really comment on the quality of the cam yet - will have to wait till we're in France to properly try it out!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (18-04-2018)

Agreed! Though it was a bit more than half the price of the S9 - but, it did come with the 20+ k Huawei Watch 2 Classic as a pressie! (for those of us among the first to order) Sadly, it's a (very nice!) men's watch so I sold it for half the price making the phone very affordable indeed for the specs!

And no, I got the midnight blue color which is actually pretty stunning!

The Pro model is only (?) 10k more but I just didn't want that big a phone - this one I can operate with one hand which is what I wanted. Cannot really comment on the quality of the cam yet - will have to wait till we're in France to properly try it out!

Ah, the midnight blue. It fads from blue to purple, very nice in deed! Did you hide the notch? They bug me.

It fads from blue to purple, very nice in deed!
    Think that's twilight - it's not available yet, but I like my midnight blue just fine! Here's mine in midnight blue vs P20 Pro in twilight.

More images here: https://androidcommunity.com/huawei-...aphy-20180327/

Did you hide the notch? They bug me.
    I did originally, but have now decided to try and live with it for a day or two, see how it feels!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (18-04-2018)

Think that's twilight - it's not available yet, but I like my midnight blue just fine! Here's mine in midnight blue vs P20 Pro in twilight.

More images here: https://androidcommunity.com/huawei-...aphy-20180327/

I did originally, but have now decided to try and live with it for a day or two, see how it feels!

Let's us know how the notch thing goes.

Damn those are nice looking phones! I like how they put the logo on the side so when you use it as a camera it's facing up right and leaves the back more open.

On a side note, blue seems to be this years color. I've been seeing it a lot since new year. I've been getting a lot of blue things too.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

natlee (18-04-2018)

Louis Rossmann had done an other Apple video for those that may be interested in this kind of stuff.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (27-04-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast