English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: want to help to fight counterfeit producers of cheese?

want to help to fight counterfeit producers of cheese?

https://roscontrol.com/journal/news/...#comment_23364

but also tell than the chains and supermarkets what to buy and what not? ROSKONTROL will do that, if we all help. i definitely will do it.
    it is a fact that 60% of cheeses under 400 rubles a kilo are using ingredients that are NOT supposed to be there. but are not declared on the paper. time to stop it. if the government and health department can not or does not want to do it, WE the customer will do it! and very simple. take a photo of any cheese that is under 400 rubles a kilo. a close up so info can be read. remember where you bought it. and then send the pics to the address given in the article.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (10-04-2018), bydand (11-04-2018), FatAndy (11-04-2018)

Great idea! I think its gold, but u would also have to raise awareness as to what good cheese is. And why people should pay more.

But also, u have to take russian cusine into consideration. People here generally like bland tasting things.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Great idea! I think its gold, but u would also have to raise awareness as to what good cheese is. And why people should pay more.

But also, u have to take russian cusine into consideration. People here generally like bland tasting things.
    it is not a matter of taste . it is just a matter that cheese is not made with full cream milk as it is supposed to be. but cream is taken off and substituted with cheap palm oil and NOT declared.
    i have no problem when sausages are made with anything else but meat, as long as it is declared. not everyone can pay 600 rubles for good sausages, but still wants to eat something. i have produced in our kitchen, for training purposes, sausages that did not contain one gram of meat, and still tasted nice. it was done to show the young cooks where to look out.
    the same with cheese or other products as well. i have no problem with horse meat. as long as it's being declared. ( this was a big scandal 3 years back in Austria.)
    if one will buy -economic- products, fair enough. it is the choice of the customer. but he should not be cheated. to make believe he buys a quality product for a cheap price. THAT does not work. you pay with peanuts, you get monkeys.
    labelling must be true. just because it says 100% pork or beef, it does not say anything WHAT kind of product is being used. spleen and anuses and tails and skins are also part of beef or pork, but not MEAT. THAT is the problem. and the same with cheese. or any other product.
    black ground pepper can be made from peppercorns only. cheap pepper is also made with ground up sticks and stalks and leaves. they are also peppery..
    by now we all should know that WASABI is made at a max with 5 % real wasabi root. the rest is horseradish and color. it is also sharp.
    most of the native virgin olive oil is anything but...
    and the list could go on and on..
    up to a certain point also -we- the customers are to blame .we want everything. and we want it now. and all the time. all day long. but are not prepared to pay a fair price for a good product.though it is not the little farmer or producer that is to blame. it is the big corporations who have 1000s of ha to produce cheap. adulter the product a little bit on top of it and no one can match the price. took the customers a long time to find out. and organisations like Roskontrol here in Russia or Stiftung Warentest in Germany or films on youtube to make the customer aware what they are buying and what junk they are eating.
    one thing i learned already in hotel school many years ago. the more advertising, the lousier the product. good stuff sells by itself. that was always the way. and will be always so.http://mpktosno.ru/catalog
    and what one could use for product 4912, your guess is as good as mine...
    Last edited by Benedikt; 11-04-2018 at 01:02.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (11-04-2018)