English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Chappaquidick

Chappaquidick

Has anyone seen this movie yet?

I am really interested in anyone's reaction to it... does it downplay Kennedy's role, make him look like a victim?

I am very surprised this was actually produced. Been waiting decades for this. I think Teddy Kennedy's career was self-determined forvever after, from this one big bad decision he made - he was forever after trying to make amends - by attacking the Right, which he considered the bad people.

It will probably play in Russia sooner than it gets to my neck of the woods, and even then, the one theater here sometimes refuses to screen movies here which cast a bad light on the Left.
    Government is like Fertilizer. A little is good, too much is a pile of crap.

I'm wondering if it would be considered by foreigners as the US owning up to making mistakes in the past, or as just more evidence of its guilt in ruining the world for all the rest of the wonderful peace-loving nations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEOd7AOR6ic
    whatever i know about the happenings i know from youtube....
    wonder if the film, from the link, is the truth? the explanations of events happening sound more logical than the explanation of the Senator.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    [url] whatever i know about the happenings i know from youtube....
    wonder if the film, from the link, is the truth? the explanations of events happening sound more logical than the explanation of the Senator.
    Well, here's another "explanation" --> Ted Kennedy Didn't Know Mary Jo Kopechne Was in the Car:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/04/ted-ke...dick-cover-up/

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    Well, here's another "explanation" --> Ted Kennedy Didn't Know Mary Jo Kopechne Was in the Car:

suppose there is not much the Kennedys could not do and which was not covered up if or when needed. though the explanation sounds logical up to some way only. the road was not to good, and than the dirt road was even worse. one would not wake up, or at least moan or groan or make some noise on the back seat when driving or being driven over humps and bumps?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post

This could be true, that Teddy did not know Mary Jo was in the car. After all, he was so drunk he did not know if he was in the car!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (06-04-2018), xp@ (05-04-2018)

How about he was set up? There are some people who did not want another Kennedy in the White House.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    How about he was set up? There are some people who did not want another Kennedy in the White House.
    Very good, a conspiracy inside a conspiracy!