Moscow Animals

English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: who has-had experience with dogs who have-had PROSTATITE

who has-had experience with dogs who have-had PROSTATITE

JUST GOT BACK FROM THE VET. JHINN WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PROSTATITE. according to them, antibiotics are not very effective. so we should either cut off his jewels ( castrate him). or another -solution- an -inside - operation, remove what is ailing him. But withe next sentence they cautioned already, Jhinn is an -old- dog and the risks are high.
    Internet is not very helpfull. i need to know if there is any specific medications that can be used, was used, and did bring help and a cure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Hey, sorry about your dog. My experience with large older dogs is they suffer with what is called uremic poisoning. Failure of the kidneys and uric acid build up in the system. It feels like lose glass in the dogs body. The English word is gout in humans. Not much you can do we put the animals down if they are in too much pain. Sorry, for the bad news. I love animals much more than people. You can try changing his diet . Listen to his stomach. Put your ear down and listen. If he has it you will hear many many noises. Also, look at his caca. Furthermore, make sure his food does not contain any grain fillers. Dogs cannot digest grains. Read your dogs food label cereal fillers should be avoided. It will help him.
    Last edited by zzhhst; 04-04-2018 at 03:16.

Quote Originally Posted by zzhhst View Post
    Hey, sorry about your dog. My experience with large older dogs is they suffer with what is called uremic poisoning. Failure of the kidneys and uric acid build up in the system. It feels like lose glass in the dogs body. The English word is gout in humans. Not much you can do we put the animals down if they are in too much pain. Sorry, for the bad news. I love animals much more than people. You can try changing his diet . Listen to his stomach. Put your ear down and listen. If he has it you will hear many many noises. Also, look at his caca. Furthermore, make sure his food does not contain any grain fillers. Dogs cannot digest grains. Read your dogs food label cereal fillers should be avoided. It will help him.
    thank you for your quick reply. it is appreciated. we went to the vet and she did an -UZI- and he was diagnosed with prostatite. when he pees, he must do it often, so when we go for walks he stops 20 times. at first it flows fairly well. and than for the rest it is a few -spritzers- her and then there. he is in no pain. since we take walks together 12 years already i can say i know Jhinn. we do not feed hom canned food, at least it is an addition of a spoon full or so, EKSI 1, which according to the label contains no grains. we do not feed him,he actually NEVER even looked at it, dry food. we cook fresh, chicken, stomach and the likes, what one could call meat byproducts. but we also have a good butcher who keeps -offcuts- beef only, no pork, he does not like it to much, so why force it. we also feed him with the meat buckwheat, no pasta or no rice.
    we are still looking for alternatives to kastration. should yo uahve more or other information or a link, be so kind and post it here. thank you.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    thank you for your quick reply. it is appreciated. we went to the vet and she did an -UZI- and he was diagnosed with prostatite. when he pees, he must do it often, so when we go for walks he stops 20 times. at first it flows fairly well. and than for the rest it is a few -spritzers- her and then there. he is in no pain. since we take walks together 12 years already i can say i know Jhinn. we do not feed hom canned food, at least it is an addition of a spoon full or so, EKSI 1, which according to the label contains no grains. we do not feed him,he actually NEVER even looked at it, dry food. we cook fresh, chicken, stomach and the likes, what one could call meat byproducts. but we also have a good butcher who keeps -offcuts- beef only, no pork, he does not like it to much, so why force it. we also feed him with the meat buckwheat, no pasta or no rice.
    we are still looking for alternatives to kastration. should yo uahve more or other information or a link, be so kind and post it here. thank you.
    I would also cut out the buckweat. This weekend I will be visiting a good friend he breeds German Shepard's for A living. I will ask his advice and relay information back to you.