English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: LG Slim Washing Machine, F12B8WD8 - 20K

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!

LG Slim Washing Machine, F12B8WD8 - 20K

We bought this model in June Ď16 at MVideo: https://www.mvideo.ru/products/stira...b8wd8-20035729

We bought it for 26,000, and so weíre selling it for 20,000 rubles. We love the machine but weíre moving to a new place with a washing machine already in the kitchen, inside the cabinets, so unfortunately we have to part with this beauty.

We took a long time comparison shopping to find this model, and man those sales reps at MVideo were annoying, trying to talk us out of LG and into buying a Chinese model, canít remember the name. It was wild, like they wouldnít let us walk out with the model we wanted - I said, wait, you donít trust LG, so your store sells crappy products that break all the time??

...Anyways, the modelís big plusses are that itís QUIET (my wife can attest to that!), small (60x44x85cm), holds 6.5kg of clothes, and has lots of washing functions (my wife likes that one, too)
    Iíve got all the receipts and docs, thereís a one-year MVideo warranty and ten years on the motor from LG (donít know exactly how that works)

Weíre moving at the end of next week, so if you want to buy this washing machine, let me know here or by DM very soon!
    (I can email you a photo, it formatted funny here so I didnít upload it)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

[QUOTE=nicklcool;1477138]We bought this model in June ‘16 at MVideo: https://www.mvideo.ru/products/stira...b8wd8-20035729

can you open the compartment where you put the washing powder in. and post the picture. no need to pull out the drawer completely. just open it. and do NOT put any washing powder inside.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (27-03-2018)

[QUOTE=Benedikt;1477139]
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    We bought this model in June Ď16 at MVideo: https://www.mvideo.ru/products/stira...b8wd8-20035729
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    can you open the compartment where you put the washing powder in. and post the picture. no need to pull out the drawer completely. just open it. and do NOT put any washing powder inside.
    Sorry, Benedict, already sold it (I posted in a couple places). But FWIW, the lesson here is that MVideo is a lot like Best Buy from my home country, shiny and in every city but big items are overpriced by at least a hundred bucks!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Sorry nick but I would tend to agree with the salesman but in not buying a Chinese model. But then again I never thought Samsung was very good either and then my friend bought a Samsung oven that's very nice. Maybe LG has gotten better too.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (27-03-2018)

the items in the stores are always more expensive than on their websites. so you check out the websites. find a model that you like. print it out and go to a few stores. you will be surprised what discount you will get. every salesman at the end of the month gets a bonus on the numbers he produces.for big ticket, white items, Mediamarkt is very good. but you do the same. a pic from their site. and you get it cheaper, or with a big bag of washing powder or softener or the likes...But Mediamarkt makes it up where the small items, cables, switches, light bulbs, cd's are more expensive on the internet than in the stores.
    a good place to look is also AVITO. though there you must have time and know what you are looking for. obvious electric items only new.still under guarantee and with all papers. it is amazing what people buy at a first impulse, at a exhibition, because mother wants it, but wife or mother in law do not like it,. so it has to be sold. still in the box...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (27-03-2018)

Yes the salesmen get a bonus for the number of things sold but they can get bigger ones for certain things. Apple did this with their phones. There are sometimes left over pieces that you can get very cheap but in every line of products they have one in the middle that has all the most important features but not the bells and whistles of the more expensive stuff. TV's were very much like this. It would have a great screen but not some of the other options that make it more expensive.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Yes the salesmen get a bonus for the number of things sold but they can get bigger ones for certain things. Apple did this with their phones. There are sometimes left over pieces that you can get very cheap but in every line of products they have one in the middle that has all the most important features but not the bells and whistles of the more expensive stuff. TV's were very much like this. It would have a great screen but not some of the other options that make it more expensive.
    correct. or it might be a last years model, not visible from the outside. but it will say on the papers.maybe the buttons are black instead of brown or square instead of round. companies like doing these things. so it is hard, or even impossible, to compare prices.because it has this, it is an exclusive model. or the buttons are of -wood- though the same made of plastic, will do the same job. they are very inventive, these manufacturers. and -we- fall for their spiel. because the neighbor has one, we must have a bigger or better one....

Benedict, thanks, you’re absolutely right, that’s the best way to comparison shop....yandex market tends to be more accurate than google shopping. For this purchase, though, I needed to use my American credit card, and almost all of the deals you find online are cash only, so I probably paid $50 - $100 more for this convenience. Though, I dunno, I’ve called some of these Yandex market deals before, and it seems a little shady, a little untrustworthy, some of these little kiosks at like the market at Unitas 1905 gods, for example (elektronika an pezhnenskaya??). ....Plus they may charge you for delivery, or for carrying the appliance upstairs, whereas the big electronics stores often give this free as a promo. Sometimes I think my grandpa really was onto something, when he insisted to us that “First Class is always cheapest!”

Wally and Ben, about the commissions bit, yeah, that’s what’s funny, I worked at Best Buy in the states in high school and college, so I know all about these tricks! But unfortunately I brought the wifey with me so she actually almost started to believe their spiel about the extended warranty sham, until I said “wait, so you all sell poor quality goods that break all the time?” My manager, I’ll never forget, always asked after a laptop or PC sale, “did you get the cheeese!?”

Thanks for your interest Ben and I’ll be sure to post sooner next time I need to sell something, for some reason I thought that expat ru want ads are where goods that you want to sell come to die (that poor guy trying to sell his Chevy Cruze!!)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (27-03-2018)

Thanks for your interest Ben and I’ll be sure to post sooner next time I need to sell something, for some reason I thought that expat ru want ads are where goods that you want to sell come to die (that poor guy trying to sell his Chevy Cruze!!)[/QUOTE]

one thing is for sure. i buy NOTHING at Gorbushka market. i don't even go there. ( by the way the same fire trap as the Kemerovo center. It was the old Rubin TV factory who went bust. small stairs, one actually only, and a rabbit warren...)Savelosky Computer market is not to bad for printers ink, down the long passage on the left side, when you come from the Metro. i never buy at El Dorado,because they have a funny advertising that i do not believe. and they are known for selling grey goods. Small electronics, cables and the likes i buy at Auchan. they have an amazing assortment and variety. bigger items we look first at the Internet and then decide. but i also like to shop at the small shops -around the corner-. become a regular and one will be amazed what deals one can get. and one thing is for sure. - Micha and Sasha and Dima- are still there tomorrow and they remember you. not like at the rabbit warrens. even with a cheque they do not know who you are....