littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Health Insurance

Health Insurance

Hi, I will be going to the Russian Embassy in Dubai to hopefully get my work visa. The requirements are vague as to what health insurance I need, can anyone help advise me what I need and for how long should it be valid for. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cristoff View Post
    The requirements are vague as to what health insurance I need, can anyone help advise me what I need
    Any health insurance that will cover you in Russia.

and for how long should it be valid for.
    Same time as the visa you apply for.

Quote Originally Posted by cristoff View Post
    Hi, I will be going to the Russian Embassy in Dubai to hopefully get my work visa. The requirements are vague as to what health insurance I need, can anyone help advise me what I need and for how long should it be valid for. Thank you.
    every embassy or consulate ahs a list of /accredited/ companies they will accept. the bigger the company, meaning international, the less hassles you will have. there are 2 ways to do it. either you buy it here. https://www.russia-health-insurance....urers/allianz/. ALLIANCE, who owns 100% of ROCNO, you will find an office more or less on every corner around town. look up the net for an office near you.
    or you go to DUBAI and THERE in the consulate, or on the grounds before the entrance, they will have at least one person around selling insurance.
    cheaper of course it will be here.Obvious you also can do it through your bank.Raiffeisen for sure for instance sells also insurance. ( Alliance is their partner also).

If you will be working in Moscow might want to try MAKS, they are on the net. it is a big company, not a one room,one computer,one worker.
    http://www.makc.ru/. If you work in another region, just click onto the appropriate link.

Should you stay here in Russia for long term, and you know that already now, you of course can buy insurance that covers you long term. the premium will be cheaper of course. otherwise, as hans suggested, as long as your visa.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

cristoff (07-03-2018)

Usually for work visa, health insurance is provided by the employer. Do confirm before buying any insurance.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiscoverLearn For This Useful Post:

cristoff (07-03-2018), Hans.KK (07-03-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoverLearn View Post
    Usually for work visa, health insurance is provided by the employer. Do confirm before buying any insurance.

usually it is. when you are also legally registered and pay tax, on top of it, insurance is at a minimum and covers mainly injuries sustained at the workplace only. most of this insurance for instance does not cover transport-transportation from and to work. also, should your employer provide you with a car and driver, still does happen, check what is covered.as we all know, the devil is in the details.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

cristoff (07-03-2018)

Depending on nationality, you might not even need insurance to get a Russian visa. As far as I know, they only require it from countries that require insurance from Russians (reciprocal basis), for example Schengen agreement countries.

Me and my family will be relocating from Bangkok to Moscow soon and looking at local health insurance options, any that you can recommend ?