Brookes School English Nanny Agency

Thread: Brightened up my day.

Brightened up my day.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43034642?SThisFB

"We didn't have great hopes, but the idiocy of the district officials and utility companies did not us let down," it said.

Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (14-02-2018), Judge (13-02-2018), nicklcool (14-02-2018), rusmeister (13-02-2018), Uncle Wally (19-02-2018)

"We didn't have great hopes, but the idiocy of the district officials and utility companies did not us let down," it said.

and if someone writes Putin in the snow, they will not clean it until the spring? when it melts away by itself. not that is much use than anyway anymore. by that time we know who is President here. Niot that it needs much guessing...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    and if someone writes Putin in the snow, they will not clean it until the spring?
    Not unless someone (else?) writes another word next to the name!
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (13-02-2018), Uncle Wally (19-02-2018)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    What's all the fuss, give it a month or so and it will all melt away..

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    What's all the fuss, give it a month or so and it will all melt away..
    no,synoptics say there will be more, much more, to the end of this month. and it will be a long winter. says the /Russian farmers almanach/

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    no,synoptics say there will be more, much more, to the end of this month. and it will be a long winter. says the /Russian farmers almanach/
    Yeah to the beginning of April, usual.

Seeing the workers clean up the mountains of snow outside my flat, it's a long job, lots of parking places also need to be cleaned, this snowfall was a good test for the authorities regarding lack of parking places in Moscow.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

natlee (14-02-2018)

Seeing the workers clean up the mountains of snow outside my flat, it's a long job, lots of parking places also need to be cleaned, this snowfall was a good test for the authorities regarding lack of parking places in Moscow.[/QUOTE]

Judge,maybe there is no lack of parking spaces per se. but the lack of convenient parking places. everyone wants to park of course in front of his/her own building. and for free. where /before/ one would have space for 4 Shiguli or lada, there is now not enough space for two black /tanks/. how many people did not make their drivers license but bought it? they have no idea how to park a car accurately. and of course there are more and more cars for the same amount of space. the parking houses or places were one has to pay are half empty. and around the buildings it is chaos.

I don't know where you live but from what I see out my windows, drivers park well, in an orderly way.

The Kamaz truck has just left full of snow, the 7 workers with spades and bobcat snow shoveller are just chilling, from my small view I can see several mountains of snow, which of course isn't easy to navigate for the workers because cars are parked nearby.

That could be it, like you said, "everyone wants to park of course in front of his/her own building."
    Who are complaining about the mountains of snow are the car owners, they can't park their cars close to home..

That could be it, like you said, "everyone wants to park of course in front of his/her own building."
    Who are complaining about the mountains of snow are the car owners, they can't park their cars close to home..[/QUOTE]

I live out there in Strogino... and here is the same problem like all over town. in the morning the big garbage trucks can not even come close to the containers. the men have to haul them over ice and snow along the road. and the big dumpsters. they built special bays so they can put 2 dumpsters side by side. most of the time a car is being parked in one space. and other cars are parked on corners of the road, so the truck can not go around. the dumpsters stay.and than the people complain garbage is not being removed. there would be a few simple solution to this problem. but this would be not very popular with the owners of the black tanks. so they let it be and let the -drivers- sort out the mess every morning.

When I lived in Virginia, someone spray-painted "Israel Sucks" on the side of a bridge going over Interstate 395 (eight lanes wide), where thousands of commuters saw it going to work in Washington every day. It stayed there for week after week, for months.

Then one night, someone crossed out "Israel" and wrote "PLA". So the next morning, it was cleaned up.
    Government is like Fertilizer. A little is good, too much is a pile of crap.