Brookes School        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Question for any Brits who have applied for TRP

Question for any Brits who have applied for TRP

I have dual nationality (British and Belgian) and one of the documents I have from Belgium (my last place of residence before coming to Russia) is a ďcertificat de radiationĒ that confirms I am no longer registered in the population register.

Does such a thing exist for UK residents?

Certainly, when I left the UK in 1978 to move to Belgium it didnít (or at least noone asked for one).

Since Iím in the process of making my TRP request, I want to make sure Iíve got all the documents I need. I have already sent off my request for a Police Certificate by the way.

Many thanks!

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Hi,I don't know if this doc exists in the UK, when I was applying for TRP, I wasn't asked for such a document...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

BigBear (12-02-2018)

Thanks Judge. That’s pretty much what I thought, but I have to convince my wife, which is not proving easy ��.
    But that’s good enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    Thanks Judge. That’s pretty much what I thought, but I have to convince my wife, which is not proving easy ��.
    But that’s good enough for me!
    Big Bear, just make sure of one thing. out there at the MMZ, if they do not ask (for whatever it might be) do not offer explanations beforehand....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

BigBear (12-02-2018)

Hi BigBear. I'm British and when I applied for 2012 in TRP (and in 2013 for PRP) I wasn't asked for any such document. I'm not sure it even exists in UK.

I’m a Brit and got my TRP in August, so pretty recent. I didn’t need such a document. I’m pretty sure such a thing doesn’t exist. However Russians can find it hard to comprehend that we don’t have to be registered anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan View Post
    Iím a Brit and got my TRP in August, so pretty recent. I didnít need such a document. Iím pretty sure such a thing doesnít exist. However Russians can find it hard to comprehend that we donít have to be registered anywhere.
    not only Russians. should i return permanently to Austria, i should register within 3 days at the local Gemeindeamt. or Bezirksamt if you live in a big city. no documents to fill out, computers will do it. Not for being checked up or spied upon. But it means putting your name into the election register. and without being registered one would also not be able to get (m)any of the free perks that are available to citizens-permanent residents.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....