Brookes School English Nanny Agency

Thread: Living in a flat illegally?

Living in a flat illegally?

So, I have some neighbors on our floor that can be quite up their own asses sometimes I guess. Anyway, today, we got a notification that someone reported us to the tax office for possibly renting/living in our flat illegally. I think this has much to do with the fact that I speak English, and some dickwad here who doesnt like me just got tired of me, and this is an attempt to get me in trouble. Oh, the reason that he does not like me is because I sometimes leave the door that leads into our floor unlocked. That's it. I do this very rarely, like if I am in a hurry and can't find my keys, but again, rarely. The funny thing is, that I am not the only one who does this. There are 6 flats on my floor and there is definitely someone else who does this because I have found the door unlocked and even WIDE OPEN on one occasion.
    There was once an occasion where one of the other people that lives on this floor rang our door and told my husband that he and all the other people who live on our floor got together to discus this "issue" of finding the main door unlocked and they know it's me because they have lived here for years, and would never do that. I have been at this same flat for a few years now too, so why was I not included on this witch hunt of a meeting? They assumed that since I'm the foreigner, I'm the one who can't follow this super crucial rule of locking this door.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Not as detailed, but like where you have been reported to the tax office for living illegally? It just seems so crazy to me still.

if you do NOT live illegally there what are you worried about? tell them to take a hike and stick their noses there, where the sun does not shine. end of the story.
    but should you live illegally there, well, immigration CAN come but you do not have to let anyone into your place. if you do not break any other law, they need a warrant to come in. but THEN you're in real hot water indeed.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

breezy (12-02-2018)

How can you live there "illegally"?

Don't see how It's possible.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    How can you live there "illegally"?

Don't see how It's possible.

if you are not officially and legally registered, as simple as that. ( i just came back from OMBD to prolong my PRP registration. piece of cake...and also wanted to prolong mz registration. registration goes as long as your document. in my case the PRP it was 5 years. read on the other thread what is needed now to be OFFICIALLY and legally registered...)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (12-02-2018), breezy (12-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    if you do NOT live illegally there what are you worried about? tell them to take a hike and stick their noses there, where the sun does not shine. end of the story.
    but should you live illegally there, well, immigration CAN come but you do not have to let anyone into your place. if you do not break any other law, they need a warrant to come in. but THEN you're in real hot water indeed.
    well, that's the problem. In this case, I guess I am not living where I am registered. It was just easier/faster to register me at another office rather than the one associated with my home, so that's what my husband did. But the thing is, one of the flats is owned under his name, so we didnt think it would be a big deal since we are married. And I know a lot expats that are here and working legally aren't even registered to the real places that they're living. I know this because I have worked with companies that did this- got the proper visa and everything, but registered to somewhere else.

This just bothers me because it is really none of anybody's business where I am registered for one thing. And another thing is, it's not like my neighbors are the best to deal with either, and I never report them. Some of these people are involved in domestic violence, playing loud ass music at all hours of the night, having parties lasting all night which then turns into drunken fights and shouting that lasts forever. But me leaving a door unlocked a handful of times in all the years I've lived here? That's what sets 'em off? I honestly just wanna know who didnt have the balls enough to come up to me at my door and try to confront me about it.

That's what sets 'em off? I honestly just wanna know who didnt have the balls enough to come up to me at my door and try to confront me about it.[/QUOTE]

because for THAT they are chicken..
    not connected now to this but that's how /they/ are. we do a real kap remont and that does not go without noise. we keep the -tichy chas-, because the neighbor has kids. we make noise only from 10 to 6. even if we could do earlier and later. so one day a Medusa come screaming at me, we make to much noise, this and that and the other is not allowed. and finally, she can not sleep in the afternoon. and that she will call immigration and the police and that will be the end of our renovation. thinking we use illegal labor and do it on the /left/ side. citing all the laws what we can do and what is allowed, i know the laws AND telling her that we use only registered people and no illegals, she walked off in a huff and puff. and never have seen or heard of her. make sure you know the law, and that you also can recite it to them, and YOU also keep to it, they have no answers. they think everyone else is stupid and only THEY know. not so anymore. CCCP and KGB are no more. and if i stick to the law, i have nothing to fear or be afraid of. of course i must know it.

Breezy i understand. but i still have to /ask/ my wife and she has to write a /soglasniya/ if i can live with her... the reason being, if for instance the wife would not agree anymore that she wants to live with him or have him still to be her husband, the man could come to the OBM, asked to be registered and that would than be a big scandal at their offices.. and the man could be anywhere, but still has his registration. and with that he can do anything. because i do not think all these computers are connected?

Relations with neighbors are always difficult, even in america. Leaving the communal gate open is akin to leaving the communal garage door open. Does it happen? Sometimes. And most of the time it doesnt matter. But its just that one time that it does. And since people dont have renters insurance here, they are just sol if something is stolen. So thats why they are angry. And just like in the us, there are crews here that do nothing but specialize in house jacking.

But lets get real. For whatever reasons, your neighbors dont like u, are bored, and are looking to have a little fun at your expense.

Ur in a difficult situation with no clear way out. Id put up motion sensor cameras connected to a recorder, just to document any other bad things they might be doing.

One time i caught my neighbor, an older babushka, putting sryinges into a baby stroller. Why? She apparently had had a conflict with the new mom.

One time i caught my neighbor, an older babushka, putting syringes into a baby stroller. Why? She apparently had had a conflict with the new mom.[/QUOTE]

if that is not a sick old bag than i really do not know what is...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (13-02-2018), Uncle Wally (14-02-2018)

Yea. She was def twisted. And she had a hard life. Her daughter, which couldnt have been more than early 20s, had a kid, and for the longest time, the dad was never around. Then i started seeing this guy who looked like he wasnt an office worker hanging around, for some reason i had the feeling he was or had been in jail. Abd that kid! He was a normal kid till he was around 1.5 or so. Then he got vaccinated and shortly after that, went deaf. So the poor kid couldnt hear, he couldnt speak or comminicate. He would just wail all night and day long. They didnt take him out much. I have a lot of stories about that apaetment. But o e of the better parts? The babushkas husband was retired police, so she had a super big nose, poking it into everyones business and threating to involve the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    and finally, she can not sleep in the afternoon.

I would have LOVED if someone came up to me telling me they couldnt sleep in the afternoon. Because, i would LOVE to practice saying "tough tittie" in Russian

14. The Following User Says Thank You to breezy For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (14-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    One time i caught my neighbor, an older babushka, putting sryinges into a baby stroller. Why? She apparently had had a conflict with the new mom.
    And that woulda been the day that i woulda had to end some babushka's life. If it was my kid, of course. If it wasn't, that probably woulda been the day I woulda had to help some neighbor dig a deep hole in the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Yea. She was def twisted. And she had a hard life. Her daughter, which couldnt have been more than early 20s, had a kid, and for the longest time, the dad was never around. Then i started seeing this guy who looked like he wasnt an office worker hanging around, for some reason i had the feeling he was or had been in jail. Abd that kid! He was a normal kid till he was around 1.5 or so. Then he got vaccinated and shortly after that, went deaf. So the poor kid couldnt hear, he couldnt speak or comminicate. He would just wail all night and day long. They didnt take him out much. I have a lot of stories about that apaetment. But o e of the better parts? The babushkas husband was retired police, so she had a super big nose, poking it into everyones business and threating to involve the police.
    Jesus. Hard life or not, there's no excuse for being a crappy human.

And scary about the vaccination thing. That's why my husband is crazy against vaccinations.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to breezy For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (14-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Jesus. Hard life or not, there's no excuse for being a crappy human.

And scary about the vaccination thing. That's why my husband is crazy against vaccinations.
    funny though, I got all the shots and still live happily around....no smallpox,no polio, no measles, nothing.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (14-02-2018)