Brookes School English Nanny Agency

Thread: Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People? Catastrophically Fatal Plane Crash out of Domodedovo Airport Today :'(

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!

Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People? Catastrophically Fatal Plane Crash out of Domodedovo Airport Today :'(

It happened today, 71 killed, so sad, on it's way to Orsk, a city near the Kazahstan border, out of Domodedovo Airport:
    https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...moscow-reports

The article says the plane was onlyseven years old, that seems quite young, maybe the Russian jets are just built less durably?

Anyways, being raised a Roman Catholic, the answers my religion had for the age old question "why do bad things happen to good people?" (And vice versa) always felt lacking.

Advaita Vedanta, a branch of Hinduism, takes a pretty good stab at this, with my favorite response possibly being "[relax]. Nothing happens." :P

If you're curious about this, there's an excellent Swami at the Vedanta temple in DC, he was raised Catholic, too, more fundamentalist Catholic, actually, so his perspective on many of these topics is fascinating.

His name is Swami Chidbrahmananda; I find so many of his lectures fascinating, but here's his talk on the topic at hand: http://vedantadc.org/wisdom-perspect...hidbrahmananda

We cannot ease the family members' anguish, but Advaita Vedanta's perspective that we are all sent here to learn our lessons and work out our karma can give them understanding and maybe hope that their close ones worked out some of their lessons in this life, and can move on to the next set of lessons in their next one
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

Suuryaa (16-02-2018)

how often did we ask ourselves WHY does HE let children die ( of cancer, of injuries, of many other things that are not supposed to be). why does HE let things happen to good people while some scumbags will get away with anything and everything. HE is testing us, is very often the -standard- answer of some people who seem to mean good. and they start quoting of Hiob who was affected with all kinds of illnesses and plagues. or of Jonah who was swallowed by the whale and spit out 7 days later... Something for sure i can not accept...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

natlee (12-02-2018), Uncle Wally (12-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    .. HE is testing us, is very often the -standard- answer of some people who seem to mean good.
    But the real answer is that HE do not exist. Things, what vhat it may be, human, animals, etc. are random in all aspect, so random things do happen, it is very simple but often difficult to accept.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (12-02-2018)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    But the real answer is that HE do not exist. Things, what vhat it may be, human, animals, etc. are random in all aspect, so random things do happen, it is very simple but often difficult to accept.
    Well it could go either way, the universe might be G0D and His making, or it might be a bunch of random atoms that have conglomersted together
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

The article says the plane was only seven years old, that seems quite young, maybe the Russian jets are just built less durably?

according to the latest news on TV the cause of the crash has been established. Pilot error. he /forgot/ to switch on the heating /element/ on 3 valves that showed the real speed of the plane. these valves had iced up and could not work. result is known.unfortunately these valves are only working when a plane flies. so, no way to check beforehand, if these thing are working or not...

there was another accident like this. it is on /30 seconds to disaster/ or something like that. it shows accidents of planes but aso trains... a plane was standing on an airfield in /Africa/ for a few days. and wasps flew into these valves and started to build nests there. the consequences were horrible. hat off to the investigators who did not give up. and were not happy with /pilot error/ as the airlines and plane manufacturers liked it to be.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....