English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: New SPAR Supermarket opening in Strogino

New SPAR Supermarket opening in Strogino

newly renovated, Eurospar. Will eb a super shop.7th Continent the junk heap has closed down, thank god. and this new place is opening instead. one thing is for sure. it will be a big competitor to Billa and a few others.
    will i be there? on the opening yes.
    go shopping there? most probably not, it is not so easy to get there by public transport. but when my --taxi- wants, we will go shopping there....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

went there to see what is happening there. www.spar-nn.ru
    obvious the place is new, tons of people there. prices are not higher or lower than in any of the supermarkets or hypers around here. they are not killing each other off. plenty space and a place for everybody. but it is the extras that count.and that will make me go back there. once the hoopla has cooled down and it is a /normal/ place. worth to get the SPAR Club card .costs 50 rubles. that is the cost of the card. same as for Troika and the likes. no registration, no anketa to fill in, no money to put down.. fair enough, discounts will be not for things that one NEEDS. but more what will be nice to have...
    nowhere in town, including METRO, have i seen such an /aquarium with such BIG oysters and live /gribishki/. fair enough, with a price to match.
    the burgers are made to order, 250 gr of fresh meat. 90% beef and 10% pork.. Shashliks are being grilled fresh. makes you wait a little bit, so what. Sushi is being sold per 100 gr.you can mix and match what you like. fruits and veggies are being weighed at the checkout till. this is one thing i like. no hunting for a scale. no cursing that the only one working is out of paper again. or that the one for the fruits is right on the other end of the aisle....(Auchan).
    they have their own in store bakery and butchery. also culinaria id done on the premises. and it shows. there is also a corner where you can sit down and eat. and have a coffee done from REAL coffee.
    Buckwheat/ Grechka/ for 29.90 a kilo. Obvious the shelf was empty before the assistants even had a chance to re pack them.Babushkas with their trolleys were out in full force!.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Judge (11-02-2018)

and more pics, first part had reached the limit

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Judge (11-02-2018), xt-tsi (11-06-2018)