littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renew UK passport with TRP

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Did you have all your stamps and visas in your British passport before?
    No, my British passport is empty. It’s my Belgian passport that had, and has, all the visas and stamps in it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

Judge (15-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RooRu View Post
    I paid around £130, which includes £20 for the courier service.

Just to confirm RooRu — did they send the new passport to your home by courrier, or did you have to go and collect it at the Consulate?

You don't have to renew your passport in UK . You simply make an appointment with the British Embassy to renew your passport.

You collect your passport at the Embassy in Moscow.

A sudden thought here. When you applied for TRP, did they not check your expiry period on your British passport? You generally can't apply if the expiry date is short.

If you have a Russian TRP and need to renew your passport in UK you take the new and old passport to the Russian embassy in London. No appointment needed, they will transfer your exit and entry visa to your new passport for £28, takes between 1 to 3 days. This allows you to re enter Russia, when you arrive back in your City in Russia you then go to FMS and they will put the TRP stamp and your address stamp into your new passport.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dmcol For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (15-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    Just to confirm RooRu — did they send the new passport to your home by courrier, or did you have to go and collect it at the Consulate?
    I had to go to the company in Moscow to which they've outsourced visas and passports to collect it. They then cancel your old passport by cutting the corners off it and sending these back to UK.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

BigBear (15-09-2019)

I had to go to the company in Moscow to which they've outsourced visas and passports to collect it. They then cancel your old passport by cutting the corners off it and sending these back to UK.
    It's not a good idea to give up your old passport, since you may need it in the future to prove something or other - such as days in/out, registration, previous visas for Russia or other places, countries visited, etc.

When US passports are canceled, they punch a couple of holes in them, then hand them back to you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (15-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    It's not a good idea to give up your old passport, since you may need it in the future to prove something or other - such as days in/out, registration, previous visas for Russia or other places, countries visited, etc.

When US passports are canceled, they punch a couple of holes in them, then hand them back to you.
    They gave my old passport back to me, with the corners cut off.

Hi i am in London now just renewed my british passport yesterday in London. Today i went to the Russian embassy in Kensington Palace gardens and they transferred my visa to my new passport while i waited. It cost £29 cash only.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmcol For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (27-09-2019), Hans.KK (27-09-2019)

They gave my old passport back to me, with the corners cut off.
    same with the Austrian.Either they are punching a few holes into it.But only the first few pages. never there were there is any - other document-. And they put a big stamp - ungültig- (not valid anymore).also only the first few pages. not on any document. and always ask, do you want it back or shall it be returned to Vienna. and then they shredder it there. i always Keep mine. to look back in nostalgia at the first passport and the photo, when i was 17...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12