littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minor replacements for everyday things

Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Shoelaces for New Balance sneakers
    send me a close up, of the shoelaces, if you still have the original or a link with the right shoes, maybe i can help....http://photobucket.com/images/new%20...20shoes?page=1 if it is any of these ones just click on them and send me the link...
    have you tried Sportsmaster? i know for you it will be a schlepp with the kids,but Krokus City, Dvoi Dom,or any of these <multi Shop <temples MUST have them... Savelovsky Market has now not only computers but a huge selection of kids and other, grown up, stuff. but send me a pic...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by ConanS View Post
    Do you know where Ecco shop are? I don't think that I've personally seen them around too much
    Conanchik, bro, are you banned on both Google and Yandex?

https://www.ecco-shoes.ru/shops/
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

natlee (25-11-2017), Uncle Wally (25-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Conanchik, bro, are you banned on both Google and Yandex?

https://www.ecco-shoes.ru/shops/
    Ah yeah, I had a case of the Friday and totally forgot I could look them up . That does help, thanks!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ConanS For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (25-11-2017), natlee (25-11-2017), Uncle Wally (25-11-2017)

Awesome, thanks! You wouldn't happen to know about finding replacement shoe laces? My New Balance ones blew up on me a week ago
    I think I've seen 'em at Sportsmaster

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to breezy For This Useful Post:

ConanS (27-11-2017), FatAndy (25-11-2017), Uncle Wally (25-11-2017)

Somehow ConanS threads become epic!

I still remember his buying a towel thread. One of the best on expat.ru ever.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

ConanS (27-11-2017), FatAndy (25-11-2017), natlee (26-11-2017)

Ah yeah, I had a case of the Friday
    I hope it was a suitcase?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post

Yes, suspense / thrill one.
    All the world's Kremlin,

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (26-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    send me a close up, of the shoelaces, if you still have the original or a link with the right shoes, maybe i can help....http://photobucket.com/images/new%20...20shoes?page=1 if it is any of these ones just click on them and send me the link...
    have you tried Sportsmaster? i know for you it will be a schlepp with the kids,but Krokus City, Dvoi Dom,or any of these <multi Shop <temples MUST have them... Savelovsky Market has now not only computers but a huge selection of kids and other, grown up, stuff. but send me a pic...
    Thanks Ben, much appreciated but it's actually my daughter who messes up her NB shoelaces regularly and she's just grown out of her old pair of NB's so we don't need new laces at the moment. However, I'm pretty sure she'll mess up the laces on her new pair of NB's soon enough in which case I may well PM you
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (26-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Thanks Ben, much appreciated but it's actually my daughter who messes up her NB shoelaces regularly and she's just grown out of her old pair of NB's so we don't need new laces at the moment. However, I'm pretty sure she'll mess up the laces on her new pair of NB's soon enough in which case I may well PM you

There is a store called "funny prices" that you can buy a new pair of New Balance for less than a pair of laces.

New Balance have a special place in my heart because they started in Boston and while my first pair of "running" shoes were Nike, New Balance just blew them away. I'm of the age where the "sneaker" changed. Adidas was the first radical new shoes but then Nike came along and we forgot. When my mom took me to the discount shoe store it was the New Balance I picked. They just happened to be the most expensive at the time too. Now I think they suck. Sorry.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Asics rules now!
    All the world's Kremlin,

Ha thanks, I like to think that I take mundane things and turn them into spectacular threads =)

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ConanS For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (27-11-2017), FatAndy (27-11-2017), Judge (19-12-2017), natlee (27-11-2017), Uncle Wally (27-11-2017)

New Balance have a special place in my heart because they started in Boston and while my first pair of "running" shoes were Nike, New Balance just blew them away. I'm of the age where the "sneaker" changed. Adidas was the first radical new shoes but then Nike came along and we forgot. When my mom took me to the discount shoe store it was the New Balance I picked. They just happened to be the most expensive at the time too. Now I think they suck. Sorry.
    I've gone with New Balance now just because my feet curve in, and their shoes provide the best support

I've gone with New Balance now just because my feet curve in, and their shoes provide the best support

You know what they say. If the shoe fits wear it!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

xp@ (27-11-2017)

Now I think they suck. Sorry.
    To each their own, I guess. I've only had them a couple of years max (have two pairs of the same exact shoes in different colors, the older pair for the crap Moscow roads/pavements and the newer for my trips to the UK ), and they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. The downside, I guess, is that I now find pretty much any other shoes uncomfortable, and these are a bit too casual for some occasions

Oh, and I used to be a die hard Nike fan in my teen years!
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

Well, there's a shop chain called "Igolochka". https://www.igla.ru/shop/moskow/ There are zippers, threads, needles - odds and ends like that. Looking at their catalogue I can't seem to find shoelaces, though.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DennisMoscow For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (19-12-2017), WhiteLight (15-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMoscow View Post
    Well, there's a shop chain called "Igolochka". https://www.igla.ru/shop/moskow/ There are zippers, threads, needles - odds and ends like that. Looking at their catalogue I can't seem to find shoelaces, though.
    they do not have them because it is a shop for sewing and handicraft things....
    but if there is nothing else and you do not find YOUR shoelaces, there is always the Internet and this shop...http://shoelacesexpress.com/ though DHL will cost most probably 50 times more than the shoelaces.
    you could though put an ad here on Expat, take orders for some 100 pais and have them shipped here...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (19-12-2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast