English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1418192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency

I hate to sound like another well-known poster, but here's an opinion about why Ripple is floundering:

The exertion of power (over payment gateways between banks, and between countries) by a central authority is being threatened by Ripple’s network which relies on nodes as opposed to a central channel (SWIFT). The benefits to users are immense, but they pose a danger of taking power away from banking conglomerates and governments which have held the strings for decades. The same banks it (Ripple) needs to use its network are the banks that control SWIFT, its rival.

You remember when the West threatened to ban SWIFT codes from Russian banks? But the banking conglomerates did not agree, probably the loss of too much money or complications involved in such a move. Or maybe they feared it would ultimately lead to the rise of a rival system, and the loss of their total control of the bank remittance transfer system.

http://themerkle.com/ripple-vs-the-establishment/
    Government is like Fertilizer. A little is good, too much is a pile of crap.

Don't trade by the news, Fantastika, they mean almost nothing. It is floundering only because those in control want to shake out as many impatient people as possible from all the cryptos, including Ripple. It may go down to like 20 cents, I would not be surprised. The only way to deal with this is to begin buying in stages, going all the way down. I have two more stages reserved, all the way down to 20-30 cents if we talk about Ripple. Buying all in one go is nothing short of suicidal on this market, imho. You can beat volatility only by offering the system your own volatility.
    I would like to caution everyone against using Binance - I have withdrawn all my funds from this exchange today. Could not access the account for several hours, and I think they did it on purpose because the prices began dropping sharply. It is not the first time something like this "happens" on Binance at a time when a pump or a dump either takes places or may take place. Also, they seem to tinker with the exchange rates making sure they are the least profitable for you at the moment you click the Buy or the Sell button. I am pretty confident something will "happen" to them when there is a real pump. Which is a shame, a great interface and cool functions there. Greedy Asians, am sure they will lose more than they will gain with such an approach. As I undestand, today's "problem" was rather massive, that's their explanation - https://twitter.com/cz_binance/statu...00995074076672 To me as a guy who understands something about sites making this sounds like major b-sh'tting. A bug, right... In their greedy heads.
    Last edited by Russian Lad; 04-04-2018 at 19:13.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    I hate to sound like another well-known poster, but here's an opinion about why Ripple is floundering:

The exertion of power (over payment gateways between banks, and between countries) by a central authority is being threatened by Ripple’s network which relies on nodes as opposed to a central channel (SWIFT). The benefits to users are immense, but they pose a danger of taking power away from banking conglomerates and governments which have held the strings for decades. The same banks it (Ripple) needs to use its network are the banks that control SWIFT, its rival.

You remember when the West threatened to ban SWIFT codes from Russian banks? But the banking conglomerates did not agree, probably the loss of too much money or complications involved in such a move. Or maybe they feared it would ultimately lead to the rise of a rival system, and the loss of their total control of the bank remittance transfer system.

http://themerkle.com/ripple-vs-the-establishment/

Russia has set up a SWIFT like system.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Yes, for the money-like fiat. They are called rubles - they look like money, they smell like money, but soon you will discover (once again) it is not real money. Better begin stockpiling on Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, ETC, etc. Dollars and Euros are also quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Yes, but does it work to send money or receive money from outside Russia?

I can't see the banksters, controlling SWIFT, cooperating with a Russian SWIFT competitor.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Russian Lad (04-04-2018)

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor;1477614
    [I
    [/I]

That's right, a play thing for the banks. like how a cat plays with a mouse before eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    That's right, a play thing for the banks. like how a cat plays with a mouse before eating it.
    Its all in the timing; bet on the cat just before it pounces.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    To the Moon now or it is a short pause before another slump? Any ideas, fellow rocket men? The cap is 40 bln. up in 2 days but it has lost 100 bln. recently. In view of this, Putin's boasting on TV about "huge deals" for 2-3-5 bln. dollars with Iran and Turkey sound like a joke from some banana-growing African country. He may just as well invest in Ripple and forget about all this arms selling racket and Russian speakers protection in foreign lands.
    The multi billion $ deals gives work to 1000s of people in all countries.

To the Moon! Or not? It has been a flat for 3+ days now. Something is going to happen.

Ripple looking good today, up 12%.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Russian Lad (13-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Ripple looking good today, up 12%.
    +27% and counting... Now that the ill-gotten cash of dirty Putin's oligarchs has been seized and the Evil Incarnate has been scared sh'tless by the valorous Donald Trump - TO THE MOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!
    Well, it might be too early for the full swing move upwards of course - when is your taxating period over in the US, April 17? We can do with some American cash roaring in our megarockets...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Russian Lad For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (13-04-2018)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Russian Lad For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (13-04-2018)

Gimme an "R" ... "R!"
    Gimme an "I" ... "I!"
    Gimme an "P" ... "P!"
    Gimme an "P" ... "P!"
    Gimme an "L" ... "L!"
    Gimme an "E" ... "E!"

What's that spell? ... "Ripple!"

What's that spell? ... "Ripple!"

What's that spell? ... "RIPPPLE!"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Russian Lad (19-04-2018)

Wonder when the dump begins It is becoming unbearably sweet Bitcoin gotta go closer to 10, it seems to be stuck on this 8200 level - if they dump now the altcoins will fall very fast, we need a stronger bitcoin. I am trying to organize a private rocket bound to the Moon on Verge now, it has taken a big hit, gotta recover by 20-30% unless there is a sudden dump.
    By the way, the slang for bitcoin in Russian is дед - grandfather. Ethereum - кефир, Ripple - хриплый, Ethereum Classic - калсик, Bitcoin Cash - Кеша, Dash - Дашка.
    Litecoin is about to take off too, it has been lagging behind for quite a while now.
    Last edited by Russian Lad; 19-04-2018 at 21:21.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Russian Lad For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (20-04-2018)

Jeff Bezos, Amazon.

He has his own media platform, the Washington Post, where he promotes his ideology.

Now he patents technology to snoop on Bitcoin users.
    http://bgr.com/2018/04/18/amazon-bitcoin-patent/

Amazon imagines that cops will be potential customers?

Identifying Bitcoin users is a major project in global law enforcement, and the National Security Agency was working on it in 2013, documents from whistleblower Edward Snowden showed.

He has more money than Switzerland. He has a spaceship company.

Who is this guy, the anti-Christ?

150825-bezosblue-630x479.jpg
    Last edited by TheInterocitor; 20-04-2018 at 12:05.