littleangels        English Nanny
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2125262728293031

Thread: Cryptocurrency

Bought some Ripple yesterday, but I got it from some serious gains from Ethereum Classic. Ripple is up only like 50%, ETC - 300%+ from the previous dip, so I have moved all I had on ETC to Ripple. For two reasons - 1) If the market falls XRP will fall in moderation because it hasn't grown much, 2) if the market grows XRP should finally show some good performance. I have most of my cash in NEO now, like 20% of it - in NEM. Those two are high risk alts, they have fallen a lot this year and seem to be rather promising if there is a pump soon. I have sold some crypto to fix my profit as well - my profit margin - 90% for what I have sold. Naysayers, begin eating your ties and envy in silence.
    Rem, where are we going from now? I have been wondering about one thing - BTC dominance hovering around 56% - it is quite high at the moment, so I think a serious plunge below is maybe off limits to BTC at the moment. I expect the price to go up to 10K or maybe even above for BTC, maybe up to 12K then down again. The altcoins need to "play down" the BTC dominance before its price goes down. What do you think about this?

And Rem, a one million dollars question for you - what do you think is the current break even price of bitcoin and what it will be in one year, taking into account the coming halving and all the works? I have read about USD4K, I personally tend to think it is more around USD5K or even closer to USD6K.
    Anyway, where are all the "Bitcoin is a scam! Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme!" whiners? They were so stentoriously vocular last year, especially some Brits... Probably taking some sedatives and demulcents while eyeballing the skyrocketing prices and painfully realizing they have missed the bandwagon, once again?

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    And Rem, a one million dollars question for you - what do you think is the current break even price of bitcoin and what it will be in one year, taking into account the coming halving and all the works? I have read about USD4K, I personally tend to think it is more around USD5K or even closer to USD6K.
    Anyway, where are all the "Bitcoin is a scam! Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme!" whiners? They were so stentoriously vocular last year, especially some Brits... Probably taking some sedatives and demulcents while eyeballing the skyrocketing prices and painfully realizing they have missed the bandwagon, once again?
    The coming "halving"?
    Freedom isn't Free - Thank a Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    The coming "halving"?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3K44SKfmNg

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    We're seeing pullbacks like I predicted. I think it's going to stay in the 5K to 6K range for the time being as long as there is no further news. Summer is approaching and traders are winding down their trades by pushing it up and cash out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Russian Lad (08-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    We're seeing pullbacks like I predicted. I think it's going to stay in the 5K to 6K range for the time being as long as there is no further news. Summer is approaching and traders are winding down their trades by pushing it up and cash out.
    Agree on the whole. No chance for a breakthrough above 10K, even for a relatively short period of time? This alone would create news and new adopters. There is one thing - BTC dominance is very high at the moment for a "comfortable" pullback down to 5K or even to 6K. But I may be wrong.

Apparently, Facebook to launch a new currency, Libra.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/06/06/fa...-libra-launch/
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bydand For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (13-06-2019)

Zuckerberg is muzzling "extremist" (i.e., "Republican") viewpoints, and now he wants to control your money as well as your speech and thoughts. All hail, Grösster Feldherr aller Zeiten Zuckerberg.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

bydand (13-06-2019)

So, I was right and we are above 10K. Haven't sold anything yet. I am making solid gains. Exchanged half of my Neo for Ripple today, Neo went up 29% in one day and my portfolio had 80% of Neo in it. What is the next target? 12900? Imho, it will be reasonable to go to fiat 100% when BTC dominance is around 51-52% or lower. Now it is 58%.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Russian Lad For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (23-06-2019)

copy and paste

. The biggest criticism of cryptocurrencies is that they don’t get a lot of use as, well, currencies. With many investors in the space following a HODL strategy—short for Hold On for Dear Life—the accumulation of cryptocurrencies rather than their use to exchange goods and services seems a likely trend to continue for some time.

However, many companies are adding payment via cryptocurrencies, and now New Zealand has legalized payment of salaries in cryptocurrencies starting September first. The catch? The payments have to be in regular, fixed amounts, to get around the volatility. And, of course, income taxes have to be withheld. As long as the government can get its cut, the trend for increased cryptocurrency use seems likely.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

. The biggest criticism of cryptocurrencies is that they don’t get a lot of use as, well, currencies. With many investors in the space following a HODL strategy—short for Hold On for Dear Life—the accumulation of cryptocurrencies rather than their use to exchange goods and services seems a likely trend to continue for some time.

However, many companies are adding payment via cryptocurrencies, and now New Zealand has legalized payment of salaries in cryptocurrencies starting September first. The catch? The payments have to be in regular, fixed amounts, to get around the volatility. And, of course, income taxes have to be withheld. As long as the government can get its cut, the trend for increased cryptocurrency use seems likely.
    Well, stablecoins have been introduced to handle volatility. I purchased lovely hats from Fantastika using LTC. My hosting provider accepts bitcoin as the means of payment, for instance. Things are not bleak, the industry keeps developing. A good time to buy altcoins now, imho.

I have 2 stocks in my portfolio - KDKN and GOHE, which I bought several years ago. I bought KDKN (which seems to own some non-producing oil property in Canada) at 2 cents and it went down to .4 cents, but over the past month has been surging up to 1.5 cents. And GOHE went from 7 cents to 15 cents yesterday on good news. I bought 10 shares of GOHE a couple years ago, for $7 a share it is a "blockchain" stock.

So, if everybody buys KDKN and GOHE tomorrow, it will drive the price up then we can sell on Thursday and make a profit

THIS IS NOT A RUMOR: I have it on good authority (anonymous sources from CNN) that KDKN will announce a major oil discovery tomorrow. PLEASE spread the (not a rumor ) news!!!

See, I told You So...

Yep, KDKN up 29% today, and GOHE up 13%...

Don't know how about you, guys, but I am expecting a proper X-mas pump.