English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency

It could be like the penny stock scenario. Someone has a small company and has released, say 20,000,000 shares of common stock, for $.01 a share. The originator buys 10,000,000 shares, for $100,000. Then he releases "news" that the company is going to strike it rich with new discovery or starts a rumor that the company is to be bought up by Apple, or Google, something...the "news" catches like a grass fire in a drought. Everyone rushes to buy the stock before the "event" happens and the price goes to $3. The owner sells his shares for $3 each and walks off with $30,000,000, and then the price slowly deflates back to $.01. Or less. In the case of KDKN (a Canadian Oil company), of which I own 20,000 shares, I think it is at $.004. Down from $.03 I bought it at.
    Last edited by TheInterocitor; 30-08-2018 at 16:56.
    Government is like Fertilizer. A little is good, too much is a pile of crap.

Whatever it is, someone is certainly in control. A certain group. Well, it is a good news actually - if you manage to understand their thinking pattern - you are golden. On the whole, they go along the bitcoin mining difficulty threshold it seems, right now it is around USD6100, roughly. It will be like USD 7500-8000K in a year, they cannot go lower. Look at the previous history, years back - bitcoin price keeps going up and up. And they cannot maintain the current flat forever, give it 1-2 more weeks and we will see an explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    Whatever it is, someone is certainly in control. A certain group. Well, it is a good news actually - if you manage to understand their thinking pattern - you are golden. On the whole, they go along the bitcoin mining difficulty threshold it seems, right now it is around USD6100, roughly. It will be like USD 7500-8000K in a year, they cannot go lower. Look at the previous history, years back - bitcoin price keeps going up and up. And they cannot maintain the current flat forever, give it 1-2 more weeks and we will see an explosion.
    According to RT, the currencies in Turkey and Argentina are collapsing because of US political pressure - in Turkey's case because they won't set free a jailed US pastor. Not big players on the world financial scene, but US is also pressuring China and EU on unfair trade practices, and Beijing is well know as world's foremost currency manipulator. How will this play out in the fall and winter, and how the US mid-term elections will affect US foreign trade policy - these are your (huge) "x" factors in trying to determine any sort of formula to predict alt-coin behavior...

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    According to RT, the currencies in Turkey and Argentina are collapsing because of US political pressure - in Turkey's case because they won't set free a jailed US pastor. Not big players on the world financial scene, but US is also pressuring China and EU on unfair trade practices, and Beijing is well know as world's foremost currency manipulator. How will this play out in the fall and winter, and how the US mid-term elections will affect US foreign trade policy - these are your (huge) "x" factors in trying to determine any sort of formula to predict alt-coin behavior...
    I am 100% certain they have at least USD1 trillion in reserve to play with this, we saw USD800bln. half a year ago. They do need a pump and new adopters, the industry is developing non-stop. Even if there is a crisis of sorts on the rest of the market. Besides, a crisis on the traditional markets may help boost cryptos - the prices are low at the moment, many reasonable investors will want to diversify their portfolios. Look at this chart below, 90%+ of the consumers are not in the game yet, it is a huge field to have a feast on, and they need hype for attracting new adopters unless they are complete idiots:

stata.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Russian Lad For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (31-08-2018)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Whatever it is, someone is certainly in control.
    Putin?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Putin?
    Who is he?
    I am sure they have some stake in this, but doubt it is substantial. They are too greedy, uneducated and poor in comparison with the US tycoons. All of them are nothing but former bodyguards and luggage carriers who came to power by mere accident (see the pic below). I honestly believe the Wall Street is in control. JP Morgan, etc.

1368547275798.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Russian Lad For This Useful Post:

res (28-09-2018)

Who is he?

According to some, Putin is the richest man in the world, so not that poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    According to some, Putin is the richest man in the world, so not that poor.
    Yes, around USD40 bln. minimum, I was reading. Poor in comparison with the power of the Wall Street. And still not enough to affect the crypto market in a big way, even if the whole amount is used. Besides, as I understand, the manipulators are using a very complex channel for those pumps and dumps, not some exchanges. Bet the entry is tightly controlled.

XRP is 126% up in less than a week. Shame I don't have any.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Russian Lad For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (21-09-2018)

XRP is 126% up in less than a week. Shame I don't have any.
    I had gievn up on it, haven't looked at it for a week...

Judge, should have listened and acted after you suggested doubling down. Ripple going from 25c to 65c and still climbing...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Judge (21-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    I had gievn up on it, haven't looked at it for a week...

Judge, should have listened and acted after you suggested doubling down. Ripple going from 25c to 65c and still climbing...
    You ain't the first who doesn't listen to me, I try my best to help but often get ignored, that's life.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (23-09-2018), TolkoRaz (21-09-2018)

Have dumped my Electroneum after it has gained 60%, have gotten myself some Ethereum and LTC. Ethereum will catch up on Ripple I think/hope.

The first ever purchase of goods for cryptocurrency on expat.ru has been successfully completed, I have received wonderful baseball caps from the US! Thank you very much, Fantastika! You are the star!

Who is he?
    I am sure they have some stake in this, but doubt it is substantial. They are too greedy, uneducated and poor in comparison with the US tycoons. All of them are nothing but former bodyguards and luggage carriers who came to power by mere accident (see the pic below). I honestly believe the Wall Street is in control. JP Morgan, etc.

1368547275798.jpg
    World is full with such head of states who were once body guards .
    Last edited by res; 28-09-2018 at 05:26.

Might be worth checking out QuarkChain (QKC) ICO analysis here... https://hacked.com/ico-analysis-quarkchain/ white paper here... https://www.quarkchain.io/QUARK%20CH...on%200.3.5.pdf

and Zilliqa (ZIL) position paper... https://docs.zilliqa.com/positionpaper.pdf

QuarkChain is essentially a new peer-to-peer transaction blockchain that solves the speed problem by hiving off transactions into a second layer and then re-confirming them with the original blockchain layer. At least, that’s how I understand it, so it’s probably far more complicated — they call this “sharding”.

They claim the potential of transactions faster than credit cards.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...