Brookes School English Nanny Agency
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516

Thread: Cryptocurrency

Also, it is good time to buy coins now before it goes back up.
    Imho, maybe for short-term speculation. Long-term, the total cap for the last 3-4 months looks rather menacing - they may go even lower I think, after some twitching and even serious ups on the newly found top. On the other hand, I am quite certain we will see 1 trillion USD cap this year.
    Last edited by Russian Lad; 17-01-2018 at 22:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Soon you will be buying your own power station,

https://cointelegraph.com/news/russi...-crypto-mining
    It won't be long before someone else takes his business.

My miners are not hosted in Russia due to Russian government indecisiveness in dealing with cryptocoin stuff.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Judge (18-01-2018), Russian Lad (18-01-2018)

Rem, is it a common practice for exchanges to "freeze" "hot" coins trading at their peak value? One of my friends (wink-wink) bought some Tron coins 6 hours ago on Binance, they are up like 50% in value but he cannot add anymore coins by trading BTC for Tron (or vice versa) - he gets to the trading page, it opens, but then it sort of freezes, doesn't let him carry out the transaction, though he is doing it ok with other, less "hot" coins (the ones that are not rising in price that steeply at the moment).

It won't be long before someone else takes his business.
    Relax about this, in Putin's Russia most "businessmen" are not really businessmen these days but are the obedient servants of the regime... The putinists are trying to take this industry under their control here in Russia, all of its biggest chunks and components. So, somehow I think this guy will be doing ok, he is most likely one of the kvas-drinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    Rem, is it a common practice for exchanges to "freeze" "hot" coins trading at their peak value? One of my friends (wink-wink) bought some Tron coins 6 hours ago on Binance, they are up like 50% in value but he cannot add anymore coins by trading BTC for Tron (or vice versa) - he gets to the trading page, it opens, but then it sort of freezes, doesn't let him carry out the transaction, though he is doing it ok with other, less "hot" coins (the ones that are not rising in price that steeply at the moment).
    Many crypto exchanges are not regulated so they can do whatever they like to protect their servers from being overloaded or they suspect the coin is being manipulated.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post

Also, it is good time to buy coins now before it goes back up.
    Could be a good time to sell before it goes further south...

Speaking of the south, it's probably worth keeping an eye on South Korean news regarding Bitcoin, just read SK "accounts for up to 15% of daily Bitcoin trading",the government is considering shutting down all local virtual currency exchanges.

I believe CC/blockchain is the future, and traditional banking is history, just left my local Alfa bank, waiting to use ATM, I counted 12 workers including security guard, 8 of them just standing around chatting doing nothing, the rest looking at their screens, no customers in front of them.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (24-01-2018), Russian Lad (18-01-2018)

Speaking of the south, it's probably worth keeping an eye on South Korean news regarding Bitcoin, just read SK "accounts for up to 15% of daily Bitcoin trading",the government is considering shutting down all local virtual currency exchanges.
    The Koreans will just use other exchanges - the only way to stop it is to cut off Internet completely. The way I see it, there is also another relatively effective way to curb, if not to stop it - to make the cash flow into/from crypto increasingly difficult - it can be done in a separate country I think.

For those who worry about a cryptocurrency bubble that loses all...

With more than two billion users, Facebook is far larger than the entire internet at the peak of the dot-com bubble in the late 1990s. And that user growth has made it the world’s sixth-most-valuable corporation, just 14 years after it was founded.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/m...in-bubble.html

Bubbles can pop, the weak get weeded out, but the beat goes on.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bydand For This Useful Post:

Judge (05-02-2018), Russian Lad (31-01-2018)

Not the best of weeks for CC,

Over the past year, Bitcoin has surged more than 700%, reaching highs of $20,000. On February 2, however, it nosedived to under $8,000, Bicoins.com wrote.

Alternative cryptocurrencies (altcoins) have also been in a freefall, with many suffering much greater losses than Bitcoin.
    https://sputniknews.com/business/201...purchases-ban/

6300 now I sort of doubt it will go below 5K. Then I would expect a great pump, in like a week or two from now, beginning of spring the latest. It makes free news, among other things. "Bitcoin has sharply fallen in price, what a tragic development, banks refuse to deal with cryptos!" "Exciting news, bitcoin has gone up in price like a rocket, banks hurry up to embrace this new opportunity!" Ownership of cryptos - wonderful, free advertisement of cryptos on Putin's news channels - priceless.
    I guess the absolute minimum for the cap is around 200 bln., it is around 290 bln. now and going down fast. The target is still USD 1 trillion this year.)
    New ICOs for various coins and tokens keep coming, I am actually translating info for one of them right now... So, a good time to begin buying. I keep beefing up my stock, have purchased more Ripple and ETC right now. Let's go to the moon!
    Last edited by Russian Lad; 06-02-2018 at 06:44.

More drama on the way. 9K and counting fast, on the backdrop of crashing stock exchanges and raped (once again...) ruble. Sceptics gasping in frustration and impotent kvas rage, smart lads are busily cashing in on the yet another pump... Wonder if it will last till Sunday-Monday before a dump or it is a longer curve upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    More drama on the way. 9K and counting fast, on the backdrop of crashing stock exchanges and raped (once again...) ruble. Sceptics gasping in frustration and impotent kvas rage, smart lads are busily cashing in on the yet another pump... Wonder if it will last till Sunday-Monday before a dump or it is a longer curve upwards.
    Ruble is doing Okay, so is the Russian stock exchange, unlike others round the world..Ruble doing it's usual slide along with oil prices, nothing new there..
    CC have crashed these past days, take bitcoin from a whopping $20000 to $6000, whoever bought when it was nearing 20k, must be feeling kinda foolish...getting take in by the hype...I would have been one of them, thankfully it's not so straight forward to invest in Bitcoins from Russia, so I didn't bother.

Just read this, maybe you want to give her a ring...
    Tell her, everything is fine, don't panic!!!!

A Russian company has launched a hotline to help support investors suffering from Bitcoin anxiety due to fluctuating markets.
    “Some people are in a panic, they don’t understand what is happening. At first everything was so good in this market, and now it has faced such changes," Elena Pikhovkina, a psychologist working on the hotline, told Russian site Life.ru.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3762686.html

so is the Russian stock exchange

Right... Go tell it to one of my Russian friends (a staunch kvas drinker) who has invested 1 mln. rubles in Gazprom and 800K rubles in Magnit - he is losing thousands daily, is pale as a corpse, I do hope he takes it like a man, I warned him many times to stay away from putinistic toxic assets.
    Magnit has fallen like a rock, 10726 rubles in August 2017, 6660 rubles a month ago, 4792 rubles now. You call that ok? When will these putinist lies stop? Is there a limit?

it's not so straight forward to invest in Bitcoins from Russia
    Lol. Ok. If you say so...

told Russian site Life.ru.
    Right, a reputable source... Just like Lifenews... I am not saying everyone who is investing in cryptos will win - one has to have balls and brains, a rare combination, and know when to buy and when to sell and how much, etc. Me, I am still learning, the potential is huge.

From now on the kvas sceptics better be careful with their sceptical utterances, the things are getting very, very serious... The dear and esteemed leader of Chechnya has purchased some bitcoins, believes in technological progress and intends to follow up on the developments closely: https://news.mail.ru/politics/32516497/?frommail=1

Reporting from the Moon surface to the sceptical putinists - Ethereum Classic has grown around 100% in less than a week Remington, are you still around? Are we poised for a pump or a dump? I am like 60% for a pump and 40% for a dump scenario. Am uncertain as to which buttons to click at the moment. On one hand, under the normal circumstances, it should be a dump, on the other hand, there are indications telling me there might be another medium pump within one week.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516