littleangels        English Nanny
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: I got citizenship

More often than not using multiple citizenship gives you more freedom and options. You are sharing examples of people breaking laws. Any time you break a law, you can expect you might have problems. If your country forbids multiple citizenship, then you better know the risks before you take on another citizenship. It is illegal for Russian citizens to enter Russia on another passport. If you break the law, that's a risk you are choosing to take.

"they only play this game because they have two passports."

That's not accurate at all. They only CAN play this game because they have two passports. They only play this game because they don't want to serve in the army.

That's not accurate at all. They only CAN play this game because they have two passports. They only play this game because they don't want to serve in the army.[/QUOTE]

than they will give you the choice, - you do not want to go to the army because you are citizen of another country- ? they will give you the -choice - to leave Russia to THAT country. and the army will get you there...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by JonLDS View Post
    More often than not using multiple citizenship gives you more freedom and options.
    And those freedom and options comes with a risk that would not had been present if you had only one citizenship.

You are sharing examples of people breaking laws.
    The army example is for sure, the rest may not be "breaking law". You can by pure unlucky chance end in a situation where having two passports can give you problems you would not had had if you just had one passport, and you do not need to have done a crime to be unlucky here, you can be a part of a criminal court case without you having done anything wrong what so ever. These rare cases can occur when you have citizenship in country A and country B, and you are in country Z.
    But some people can only see the freedom and options they get from having more than one passport, they do not want to accept that there is a risk here, and they get very aggressive in their defending on their right to have as many passports as they like, it is a human right! (Because they need freedom), they had totally lost the idea about citizenship and passports in the first place.

Any time you break a law, you can expect you might have problems.
    All fine, but sometimes people just do not realise that they are breaking the law, they just have something they want to archive or escape, army service is one of these, they just don't want to serve in the army and dual citizenship give them the option to enter Russia as an other citizen and some use that option without understanding that they commit two crimes at the same time, enter as a non Russian citizen and running away from eventually army service.

They only play this game because they don't want to serve in the army.
    If that is what you want then you simply stay away from Russia until the risk for being chosen to army service is finally over.

Hi guys,

Sorry to interupt. I have a question related to this army subject thing. i got approved to become Russian citizen a few weeks ago, but still no time to go do the final process at MFZ. Since reading this above thread, it makes me wonder whether i need to go thru such army thing or not, i 'm 55 years old.

Thanks

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimkiti For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (25-02-2019), Hans.KK (25-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by kimkiti View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry to interupt. I have a question related to this army subject thing. i got approved to become Russian citizen a few weeks ago, but still no time to go do the final process at MFZ. Since reading this above thread, it makes me wonder whether i need to go thru such army thing or not, i 'm 55 years old.

Thanks

No you are just a wee bit too old. The age for military service is 18 to 27.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Hizam4747 (27-02-2019), JonLDS (26-02-2019), kimkiti (25-02-2019)

No, comrade. Usually lower army positions (privates, sergeants) are conscripted in the age 18-27. Officers (lieutenant and above) - till 35.
    It's for peaceful times.
    At 55 yo. you may account only for supplementary detail position in the time of war. As even third category of reservists is limited by 50 yo. Though... as a consultant for jungle ops...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    No you are just a wee bit too old.
    Overqualified!!! say HR/"headhunters"
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (25-02-2019), JonLDS (26-02-2019), kimkiti (25-02-2019), Uncle Wally (26-02-2019)

thanks

I got RU citizenship at age 63. If they draft me, I'll go. Hopefully the fatherland won't come under threat in the afternoon, while I'm taking a nap.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (27-02-2019), Hans.KK (26-02-2019), Max1982 (05-03-2019), TolkoRaz (26-02-2019), Uncle Wally (26-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    I got RU citizenship at age 63. If they draft me, I'll go. Hopefully the fatherland won't come under threat in the afternoon, while I'm taking a nap.
    Well, depends on your military specialization (so called ВУС - Military Record Spec). For example, all doctors by default were subject to mobilize till 55 yo. during GPW, but very many of them were working in hospitals, often under bombs, at 60-65-70 yo, volunteerly. They were unable to sit quietly in evacuation 1000+ km apart when injured soldiers die in battles.
    All the world's Kremlin,

A compliment to FatAndy.................you have so deep knowledge of the country.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kimkiti For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (27-02-2019)

A compliment to FatAndy.................you have so deep knowledge of the country.
    I was born and live here, so know the history a bit.

There were many examples from the "other end" of conscript age interval as well. My wife's grandma, btw, in 1941, being 16 yo, has added 2 years in her papers to show 18, and went as medical instructor to combat troops. Red Star order, for 25 injured soldiers pulled out from battlefield during one battle, under instant enemy's fire. Iron people, as we say, no produced anymore...

In general, foreigners from non-ex-USSR have very little chances to serve in Russian army as conscripted (many of them carry another citizenship, it's potentially security risky thing). I know a couple of examples of people who emigrated with parents "there", received citizenship, served in army, then returned back to "here", restored RF citizenship and served in Russian army, but for 1 year only and not in combat details.
    Last edited by FatAndy; 27-02-2019 at 12:37.
    All the world's Kremlin,

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    There is some Russian citizens, boys, that is living outside Russia, when they visit Russia they use their Russian passport, and when they reach the age of around 17-18 years then they start to using visa's (using their other passport) when visiting Russia all just to escape the risk to be called in for army service, that is a risky game, and they only play this game because they have two passports.
    That seems to be a rather ineffective and expensive way to solve the problem (considering the cost of visas), when it can be done without any hassle and breaking any laws. They just need to de-register their propiska in Russia "for residence abroad", they get a departure slip and the military office no longer has the right to draft them (because according to the law, Russian citizens living permanently overseas aren't subject to the draft).

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiancai For This Useful Post:

JonLDS (11-03-2019), xt-tsi (11-03-2019)

Hi, finally i went to get my citizenship yesterday..............everything went well, no waiting, and now I'm Russian after long long long process with pain and tear.

The only surprise is that i will have to wait 10 working days for local passport, and after that another 3-5 working days for making new registration on it...........After that, will take about 30 days for international passport. Problem is i have to go to Thailand on the 7-May and i will have no international passport to leave the country. I understood that possible to go to Belarus/Kazakstan/Krykyzstan/Armenia by using the local passport. Can i do the same to Belarus by using local passport, and from there i will use my another passport to leave Minsk to Thailand and come back the same way? Would be any problem or many question from Belarus passport control? What should i be prepare or so? Thanks

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimkiti For This Useful Post:

Armoured (03-04-2019), JonLDS (06-04-2019), Uncle Wally (03-04-2019)

What should i be prepare or so?
    You want to jeopardise with the immigration authority in Russia and Belorussian, and maybe you new citizenship, just because of a trip to Thailand?
    Stay in Russian and get all paperwork done is the best advice.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

kimkiti (04-04-2019), Uncle Wally (03-04-2019)

Hi, finally i went to get my citizenship yesterday..............everything went well, no waiting, and now I'm Russian after long long long process with pain and tear.

The only surprise is that i will have to wait 10 working days for local passport, and after that another 3-5 working days for making new registration on it...........After that, will take about 30 days for international passport. Problem is i have to go to Thailand on the 7-May and i will have no international passport to leave the country. I understood that possible to go to Belarus/Kazakstan/Krykyzstan/Armenia by using the local passport. Can i do the same to Belarus by using local passport, and from there i will use my another passport to leave Minsk to Thailand and come back the same way? Would be any problem or many question from Belarus passport control? What should i be prepare or so? Thanks
    If you plan to fly out from Minsk then you will need Belarusian transit visa in your other passport. You can travel to Belarus with your internal passport only from Russia.

Best to consult with Belarusian embassy in Moscow.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast