littleangels        English Nanny
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Thread: I got citizenship

Thanks for suggestion. I think there's another option which go to Krykyzstan, Bishkek........and for sure can get the visa on arrival there by using my other passport, stay one day (depend on the connection) then go and back the same way to Moscow. Will see, how soon my internal passport ready, later might also use express service for doing the international passport. there're a lot of offers in the internet but very expensive (5 working days 30 000 r). It could be better this way but not so sure how genuine they are. Again, thanks guy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kimkiti For This Useful Post:

JonLDS (06-04-2019)

My friend’s citizenship is just approved and he applied for the internal passport.

He will buy an apartment soon (after selling his property back home) but meanwhile he suppose to register somewhere.

So,

1. After receiving internal passport, how much time do one have to register?

I heard there are two types of registration.
    3a. Place of residence and
    3b. Place of stay.

For 3a - If he registers at the place of residence then to be on the safe side, can he give a legal letter by giving up his rights to the property so there won’t any future complications.

For 3b. Or he should go for this option. But he had to travel his home country to sell his property there and definitely need Russian international passport.

Here is my understanding of the situation regarding registration. The two types of registration in Russia are 1. permanent and 2. temporary. Your friend has 90 days to register at a temporary address and 7 days to register at a permanent address after receiving his internal passport. The internal passport is valid and can be used to apply for an international passport without registering. If the МФЦ doesn't agree to issue the international passport before your friend is registered, he can contest it by asking for the relevant law. Now your friend is a citizen and he has this right, to contest what the migration officials tell him.

As your friend knows, Russian citizens are required to get an INN number, which is the tax ID number, a SNILS (СНИЛС) which is an insurance number, and an OMS (ОМС), which is medical insurance. To get these, registration is required. So it's best to get the whole thing done and move on.

The issue of the right to occupy a property where your friend is registered is between him and his landlord, assuming it is a rental. He might sign an agreement so he gives up all claims to living in the property once he is registered there, either permanently or temporarily.

Your friend should go to his local МФЦ and confirm that all this info is true, then look up the law on registration. I'm not a lawyer so what I am saying here should be double checked. In Russia, trust but verify.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

DiscoverLearn (26-02-2020), Max1982 (26-02-2020), nicklcool (25-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    2. temporary. Your friend has 90 days to register at a temporary address and 7 days to register at a permanent address after receiving his internal passport. The internal passport is valid and can be used to apply for an international passport without registering.
    Thankyou for such a detailed reply. My friend's local МФЦ is no help. According to them Permanent and Temporary registration should be done within 7 working days and laws aren't applicable for naturalised citizens, Go figure. I will find the relevant law and pass it to him.

Now his ready passport is at the center and he didn't pick it up and noone knows how long it can stay there.

This might be useful, quoting the law:

В соответствии с Постановление Правительства РФ от 17.07.1995 N 713 (ред. от 25.05.2017) «Об утверждении Правил регистрации и снятия граждан Российской Федерации с регистрационного учета по месту пребывания и по месту жительства в пределах Российской Федерации и перечня лиц, ответственных за прием и передачу в органы регистрационного учета документов для регистрации и снятия с регистрационного учета граждан Российской Федерации по месту пребывания и по месту жительства в пределах Российской Федерации», гражданин РФ должен сдать документы для регистрации : -не позднее 7 дней после въезда в жилое помещение, которое является его местом жительства; -не позднее 90 дней со дня въезда в жилое помещение.куоторое является его местом пребывания.

Подробнее на Правовед.ru: /https://pravoved.ru/question/2463568/

Here are a few sites showing that without registration, the temporary passport is valid. Often the bureaucrats at the MFTs offices say otherwise so it's a common problem:

/https://propiskainfo.ru/2473-pasport-bez-propiski-deistvitelen-li/
    /https://migranturus.com/pasport-rf-bez/

There are apparently various sites in Russia offering temporary registration for a fee. These can be dodgy, but they are out there. Here is a link. Your friend should trust but verify...as you and he are aware. https://journal.tinkoff.ru/temporary-registration/

Good luck to your friend.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

DiscoverLearn (01-03-2020)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789