English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Repetitors.ru/Profi.ru Pro-Cons on them give your opinions

Repetitors.ru/Profi.ru Pro-Cons on them give your opinions

This is a place that was decent to me since 2009...Not they now demand money , and really do nothing more than answer phones and take orders ... they are kind of like an agent , the teacher pays them but their commissions and other charges are not worth staying with them...furthermore they demand you send them money to their "Bank" basically hostage money so you pay their commission
    I made a lot of money for them,,and myself ,,, but they offer little and now charge way too high fee's+ commissions

I was smart enough not to sign a contract with them, but to those that are working for them I suggest you look at what they want as a exit document , if you have money in that "bank" . they want to attach fees and commissions and other charges to YOUR money ,then wait 30 days...for what they say they will give you back...this formula for deductions never balances my money there is only 3700ru

I warn everyone here and now if they are screwing me..they are screwing others as I see it ...nothing lasts forever ...my time has passed with them, I do not recommend people working with them, DO NOT EVER SIGN A WORK AGREEMENT WITH ANY SCHOOL/AGENCY HERE IN MOSCOW

I want to hear other peoples stories ... for good or bad

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kapione For This Useful Post:

WhiteLight (18-11-2017)

There are other such sites. I knew one Russia girl who got students from them and she said they were ok for about a year. Then she got a couple of bad reviews and they wouldn't work with her anymore. This was years ago, but she found two other sites and I guess is still working with them.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

kapione (12-10-2017)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

kapione (12-10-2017), WhiteLight (18-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by kapione View Post

I want to hear other peoples stories ... for good or bad
    Hi, I've worked with Profi usually with mixed results. The best way to work with them is to set the terms of your payment system upfront (ex. take a student only if he/she guarantees 1/2 payment for 20 lessons up front.) Don't negotiate on this. A lot of students are simply shopping or aren't motivated. They'll have 4 lessons (x 2.500 = 10,000) and stop. This means you have to pay 5,000 to Profi for a measly 1,250 profit a lesson. That's why it's important to understand if the student is serious and/or has money. Many financially distressed students come to Profi because it's commission-free to them. It's VERY important to turn them or unmotivated students away because with just a handfull of lessons you'll be paying enourmous commissions (40%-50%) to Profi.

Another thing that is important - don't accept money immediately for your first lesson. Tell the student you'll accept 2x payments on your second lesson, thus allowing you to have full coverage payment for the Profi commission when it's due. A few times I've had students stop after 1 lesson which means if they pay me 2.500, I owe Profit 5.000. I then have to chase down the refund which may never come.

PM me if you need any other thoughts on this.

omg, i am kinda having issues with them right now too. I have given maybe 3 lessons, and now, i "owe" them almost 13,000 rubles for lessons i havent even given yet. as soon as i get someones contact info, i automatically get charged. it's insane. there are great students to get off of this site, but it seems super shady the way they're taking all this money. if it was only the first lesson as commission for each student, i'd understand that more. but this? nope. I'm wondering if i refuse to pay, will i be in trouble? i mean, i havent even taught all of these students.

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    omg, i am kinda having issues with them right now too. I have given maybe 3 lessons, and now, i "owe" them almost 13,000 rubles for lessons i havent even given yet.
    13,000 is a lot. That must mean you have 3 students. Again, to avoid paying commissions in excess of what you receive from the first lesson, have the student pay 2x the second lesson. If you refuse to pay commission you'll be permanently banned from the site, as you probably already know. I also suspect they'd contact your student directly and offer him/her another teacher.

Jesus. Just seems a bit shady now.

me not being a teacher, i will turn around the question.
    are you a documented, qualified person to teach english? with documents to prove it?
    do you have a work permit, the correct visa.
    registered legally at the place where you stay.
    do you have a legal binding contract, binding with the correct conditions for you and them.
    are registered at the tax office and pay any tax or other duties?
    if the answer to each and every question is yes, there are legal resources you can use. if the answer to only ONE question is no, the /schools/ also know that and screw you. wonder who is MORE to blame?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....