littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Facebooklive/the global plantation

Facebooklive/the global plantation

I recently discovered facebook livestream due to the Caribbean hurricanes where such livestreams were the best source of boots-on-the-ground hurricane information.

(disclaimer, I do NOT have a facebook account; much of facebook is available to those without accounts)

Since discovering facebook livestreaming, I find myself almost addicted to the people who post there. Some of them are individuals, many of the the livestreams are religious, a lot of it is mercantile, facebooklive is largely young. And it has its defined internet borders -

There is no facebook livestreaming from China (firewalled), there is no facebook livestreaming from Iran; there is all but zero facebook livestreaming out of Africa. Some out of the middle east, very little from Russia -

But southeast asia (seems to be) a hotbed of facebook livestreams. Mostly young women selling stuff .... or themselves.

Is this what technology/globalism has brought us to? Somebody sitting around in their living rooms or their shops, hawking t-shirts, or tits, or religious manifests? Is this the ultimate result of globalism and internet technology? (we've been had)

Still, interesting stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/live/map/?r...56249999999,3z - wiggle around the map at your pleasure -

even a livestream from Mecca. but nothing from the Vatican...They are missing out on something. or is there nothing going on this time of the year?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

I was just reading something about this. Facebook's biggest amount of users are in Asia but they were blocked in China, most of Africa, because of privacy protection. Facebook now takes and sells every bit of info they can get on you. They were sued by the EU and so now operate differently there. Myself I stay away from Facebook but I do use WhatsApp and Instagram which probably means they have all info on my phone anyway. When I tell people I don't use Facebook they look at me funny. Last week told a friend I only use VK and he said it was for gopniks. I don't post anything I just use it to know when and where my friends are playing.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I was just reading something about this. Facebook's biggest amount of users are in Asia but they were blocked in China, most of Africa, because of privacy protection. Facebook now takes and sells every bit of info they can get on you. They were sued by the EU and so now operate differently there. Myself I stay away from Facebook but I do use WhatsApp and Instagram which probably means they have all info on my phone anyway. When I tell people I don't use Facebook they look at me funny. Last week told a friend I only use VK and he said it was for gopniks. I don't post anything I just use it to know when and where my friends are playing.
    i think the moment we got a contract from ANY of the internet or mobile /handy provider,are registered at ANY site of ANY social set, the rest of the world knows more about us than we ourselves know. do i care. when i see to much crap is slipping by the junk mail scanner and scrubber and fills up the mailbox, i just go to unsubscribe or delete. and than there is peace for a while.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (18-09-2017)