Brookes School        English Nanny Agency
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Metro Line is Your Favorite Line & Why?

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    right, cuz the metro is sooooo hard to know how to use. * eye roll *

Have you used Yandex Metro app? I use it to calculate time needed for travel. It will show you which end of the train you need to be on to make changes or exit. I've been here a long time but I haven't been to every metro station yet so anything to save time. Oh also shows different routes and times.
    Colluding with Russians since 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    and the best about the Metro? for so little money you will find no public transport around the world!
    Moscow's metro isn't exactly cheap, many cities around the world have significantly cheaper rates for public transport.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiancai View Post
    Moscow's metro isn't exactly cheap, many cities around the world have significantly cheaper rates for public transport.
    Really? For fast, reliable metro? Where?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0sKG2gmFo - Только раз бывает в жизни встреча

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (20-07-2017), vossy7 (21-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiancai View Post
    What?.......do you use a Тройка card ?
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    What?.......do you use a Тройка card ?

Yeah, 35 rubles and only 19 if you get on in less than 90 minutes after taking a bus. It's not even a dollar for both bus and metro!

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Judge, believe it or not, I've been near Akademichesky for just over a year,
    Nicklcool, we have lived in the area for 17 years after living close to Tulskaya for 8 years and in a dacha in Khimki for 2 years.
    Love Akademichesky area......would not choose to live anywhere else in the city
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vossy7 For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (21-07-2017), Uncle Wally (21-07-2017)

Beijing subway costs around 20 rubles (although now I think this tariff only works within 6 km, a couple of years ago it was for the whole subway). Kyiv metro only costs around 10 rubles. There are plenty of cities around the world where the metro is cheaper, it costs around 30 rubles here on the minimum tariff (which is what I use, paying 1700 rub for 60 rides).

Nicklcool, we have lived in the area for 17 years after living close to Tulskaya for 8 years and in a dacha in Khimki for 2 years.

It wouldn't have anything to do with all the young hot students that live around there would it?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (24-07-2017), vossy7 (24-07-2017)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Vossy, I would love to hear more about the logistics and pluses/minuses of living in a dacha in the 'burbs. I'm sick of renting but the American in me just can't bear the thought of buying an apartment, where even spending more $$$ on a more "elite" condo doesn't guarantee you non-smoking neighbors, no noisy renovations throughout the day, more peaceful neighbors, etc... So I can't wait to buy but like the idea of buying land and building a house more....but must Russians lament to me how dangerous it is legal documents-wise to buy a house, how "expensive" it is to hook up gas lines, electric, etc.
    I saw on zemlyateka.ru some plots of land that looked like they were set up through intermediaries, like little suburban housing tracts, so the pluses are they already hooked up the utilities for you, they gated the community with a guardhouse, they plow the streets, etc., but there are minuses, too.

So in any case, at some point it'd be cool to hear what you thought of living in the dacha (and commuting into the city, I assume)....what you regretted, what you really enjoyed, how you went about it, etc.
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

DiscoverLearn (25-07-2017), vossy7 (24-07-2017)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    It wouldn't have anything to do with all the young hot students that live around there would it?
    No no, uncle Wally, perfectly happy with the missus, now I admit it's hard not to stare when women wear short dresses and skin-tight jeans, but that's just our biological survival mechanism kicking in. What's helped me with these thoughts, I recall the advice of this sage (forget his name) to view all women as though they were your mother or daughter. I promise not to ogle your daughter when she grows up, so long as you promise not to ogle mine!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (24-07-2017), vossy7 (24-07-2017)

Vossy, I would love to hear more about the logistics and pluses/minuses of living in a dacha in the 'burbs. I'm sick of renting but the American in me just can't bear the thought of buying an apartment, where even spending more $$$ on a more "elite" condo doesn't guarantee you non-smoking neighbors, no noisy renovations throughout the day, more peaceful neighbors, etc... So I can't wait to buy but like the idea of buying land and building a house more....but must Russians lament to me how dangerous it is legal documents-wise to buy a house, how "expensive" it is to hook up gas lines, electric, etc.
    I saw on zemlyateka.ru some plots of land that looked like they were set up through intermediaries, like little suburban housing tracts, so the pluses are they already hooked up the utilities for you, they gated the community with a guardhouse, they plow the streets, etc., but there are minuses, too.

So in any case, at some point it'd be cool to hear what you thought of living in the dacha (and commuting into the city, I assume)....what you regretted, what you really enjoyed, how you went about it, etc.
    Well for what it is worth buy a house. If you can afford it. Lived in a flat 14 years bought new. Good neighbors for the most part. We had many problems with water damage due to people above us. Mr plumber. Over the period I was flooded 3 times. No compensation. Best you can do is put a lean on their title. However, only when they sell. Destroyed furniture floors walls. Besides they remove internal walls that support the structure of the building. Done with the flat deal. Save your money and buy a house!!! Have at one time owned 5 flats in The city. Many with the same problems. My honest opinion.
    Last edited by zzhhst; 24-07-2017 at 22:07.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zzhhst For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (24-07-2017)

Nicklcool .....sorry if I have missed it ....is your wife Russian....and then of course do you have a PRP ? we can take it from there .....
    ― Oscar Wilde

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123