littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Medical Checks x2! Police Checks!?

offskies Guest

Medical Checks x2! Police Checks!?

Hi all,

Hopefully moving to Russia soon having received offer of a job teaching.
    Simply put...:
    Why do you need a health check before your invitation and after you arrive in Russia? What if you have an issue in the second that you never knew of in the first?

Also do you need police checks for ALL countries you have lived in or just your home country? I'm told its just your home country but can that be right?

Quote Originally Posted by offskies View Post
    Hi all,

Hopefully moving to Russia soon having received offer of a job teaching.
    Simply put...:
    Why do you need a health check before your invitation and after you arrive in Russia? What if you have an issue in the second that you never knew of in the first?

Also do you need police checks for ALL countries you have lived in or just your home country? I'm told its just your home country but can that be right?

It's just your home country. I don't know about health checks.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

offskies, I think you are jumping ahead a bit-you need to learn more about the process and it will all fall into place. But these are good questions. Here is the way I see it:
    The medical check in your home country is required for the work visa. In Russia, the medical check is optional as it will be needed only if you want to apply for residency. If you find out about a medical problem when you are already in Russia which disqualifies you from the residency, you can still stay in Russia on your work visa. Hope that helps.

if you are worried .....you have a problem....go figure !
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde